Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Another Deadeye LoL

19 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
26,113 posts
29,100 battles
58 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

1.jpg.1f81f0590d3a4584e9f7e52abcd5059b.jpg

2.jpg.3ca16d574623c771e2e5d54b1ef9a664.jpg

Title: Another Deadeye.  LOL

So what?  They over relied on Deadeye and seem to have lost.  What are you complaining about (assuming that you're on the winning team)?

• Boring 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,336 posts
19,348 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

So what?  They over relied on Deadeye and seem to have lost.  What are you complaining about (assuming that you're on the winning team)?

Oh..l'm not complaining.  LoL means what it means.

• Boring 1

[ARC]
Members
1,072 posts
11,453 battles
2 hours ago, Crucis said:

It is a shame that this happens, even if it is a win for the OP. Stomping the enemy team is not more fun than getting stomped (it is better, but not fun). Close matches are the best, IMO.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[-BCO-]
Members
1,831 posts
3,317 battles
30 minutes ago, hanesco said:

It is a shame that this happens, even if it is a win for the OP. Stomping the enemy team is not more fun than getting stomped (it is better, but not fun). Close matches are the best, IMO.

Yep. +1

[_PEWP]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,394 posts
13,204 battles

Not Dead Eye. They were "guarding arty" lol

• Thanks 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,336 posts
19,348 battles
26 minutes ago, Fodder4U said:

Speaking of that T10 arty...I nix'd 30 of 'em.  Worcester is a beast in AA mode.  Oh, and when you have a nice DD give you smoke on a cap push...on OCEAN!!!!....that's priceless.  Even when you are typing in chat...and fumble finger your way into activating your radar too early...ooops!

In the end, I was hanging close to that lone BB up top...our Ohio...who was playing very well...and I felt useful keeping the big bad arty away from him.

[_I_]
Members
58 posts
1 hour ago, Fodder4U said:

Lol, let them guard the Fun Police all they want. Enemies doing babysitter duty or hiding under the CV's AA skirts are doing nothing to contribute. Unless the CV is purple and carrying them, in which case CV prolly doesn't need their help anyway. :Smile_teethhappy:

[-BCO-]
Members
1,831 posts
3,317 battles
5 hours ago, Crucis said:

So what?  They over relied on Deadeye and seem to have lost.

Correction, the team lost. Because if isn't apparent this game is a team game. 

5 hours ago, Crucis said:

What are you complaining  doing pointing out facts about this game (assuming that you're on the winning team)?

Because some people actually want to have fun playing this game. I just had a "ranked" game in which I did 1 solo cap and 100 k damage. And lost because our deadeyed premium fleet bb's( Hizen, Pommern, Vanguard) and Cv ( Graf Zeppelin) were unable to not to be mouth breathers. But they did have nice premiums.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,336 posts
19,348 battles

The game was actually fun.  The early push into the cap with DD support to flush out the reds was lots of fun.  Trolling the enemy CV (i.e., providing forward leaning BBs AA bubbles) with the best AA in the game...lots of fun.  Figuring out when I could lend my pin prick salvos to aid my friends without getting deleted.  Positioning for the long game if needed (see below).

The Deadeye glob does not always lose in this situation.  In fact, they are one ship up in the second pic.  I've seen the glob win the attrition contest and turn the tables a time or two. Although I felt good about the points lead, I've seen things turn quickly before.  Note our Ohio up north basically tanking at five to one.  I thought he was a goner for a bit.  I felt I helped a lot because I pretty much persuaded the CV to go elsewhere.  And I would throw some HE downrange, not just for the fire chance but to take some heat off of him.  I also run hydro and could provide torp detection support and the DD knew a radar threat was close.  I was balancing four things.  One, AA.  Two, hydro.  Three, HE support.  Four, long term survival positioning.  Didn't need number four, but I've seen enough of these games go south to know that I needed to be in position if things turned for the worse.  We had a big points lead..so if we began losing too many ships, my job would be to disengage...go silent...and let the points take us to the win.   All in all, not a boring game.  Lots of thinking...strategy...tactics...positioning.

Edit:  Oh...and a Karma plus up to the DD that chimed in when I asked if I could get smoke on the cap push.  Worcester is an extremely powerful CA on a push..IF (a big IF) he can survive.  The combination of AA, Radar, Hydro, and rapid fire DD deleting armament is extremely potent.  But it's a glass cruiser...and on Ocean map....without smoke...focused and dead in short order.  DD said he'd smoke me...so I could push up.  Dropped it at the perfect time...and we won the DD battle..took the cap and never lost it.  If the DD had ignored my request...I would have had to pull up short and not be able to radar their DD.

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Thanks 1

[SALVO]
Members
26,113 posts
29,100 battles
13 hours ago, hanesco said:

Oh, I agree with this.  But reality is that you can't fix stupid.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
26,113 posts
29,100 battles
9 hours ago, Bandi73 said:

Correction, the team lost. Because if isn't apparent this game is a team game. 

Because some people actually want to have fun playing this game. I just had a "ranked" game in which I did 1 solo cap and 100 k damage. And lost because our deadeyed premium fleet bb's( Hizen, Pommern, Vanguard) and Cv ( Graf Zeppelin) were unable to not to be mouth breathers. But they did have nice premiums.

Different people have different definitions of fun.  Some people play to win, while others play to shoot stuff and sink ships.

And there are some people who can't utter complete sentences without using vulgarities and insults.

[-BCO-]
Members
1,831 posts
3,317 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

Different people have different definitions of fun.  Some people play to win, while others play to shoot stuff and sink ships.

That's correct.And they can do that in coop.Which I do sometimes too.

1 minute ago, Crucis said:

And there are some people who can't utter complete sentences without using vulgarities and insults.

Well this game is supposedly happening on salt water so ....a certain amount of saltiness is ...acceptable. It could be an incentive to get git gud. Besides we are "sailors" who are not world renowned for their manners :p

Edit: Btw just a side note pertinent to honesty, If I engage someone in a debate I will not down vote him. I will engage him directly. 

Members
712 posts
9,735 battles

Deadeye is a problem no doubt, but in fairness that is Ocean map. Lots of people freak out and do stupid things(like immediately run to back of map) when they get to Ocean and realize there are no islands to hide behind. Blowouts seem very common there.

It is also the most "realistic" map in the game, and of course it's a rarity.

Edited by Dr_Powderfinger

Sign in to follow this