You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

So.. these tokens...

34 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts

SO like everyone else I got the first 1050 tokens.

I see the lure... won't bite,  it but I see it.  :cap_tea:

I guess I can just spend what I get on stuff or ships as they come and let the rest turn to cash when this is over.

Don't need credits/camos or those signals so I guess it's get new ships until they run out.

What are you people going to do with yours?

Took me a while, but I learned about "early access" Cash spending.

How about a new campaign WG so people not taken with this stuff have something to do?

Members
1,525 posts
7 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

I guess I can just spend what I get on stuff or ships as they come and let the rest turn to cash when this is over.

Don't need credits/camos or those signals so I guess it's get new ships until they run out.

How about a new campaign WG so people not taken with this stuff have something to do?

How about a Break from all these "New" Ideas and WG fix what they screwed with.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
26,101 posts
29,035 battles
39 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

How often does that happen with software companies in general and game companies specifically?  Not often.

Members
1,164 posts
1,669 battles
1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

I burnt a lot of my credits on German ships, so I'll be exchanging them to restock.

[WOLFA]
Members
853 posts
7,628 battles
1 hour ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

They are going to squeeze the most $$$ out of this cash cow for as long as they can just like WOT. It's going to get worse and worse as the months go on.

• Thanks 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,915 posts

meh its all just free stuff... i will likely wait til close to the end and then see what i can buy with them..

i don't really care...  i won't be spending dubs on the event..  i have other priorities

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
15,615 posts
27,321 battles
47 minutes ago, SKurj said:

meh its all just free stuff... i will likely wait til close to the end and then see what i can buy with them..

i don't really care...  i won't be spending dubs on the event..  i have other priorities

Some camos, maybe a few signals, just like I always do.

Some must whale these things to death; but my choice is not to do so.

WG gets enough of my money from, the 300 eco signal bundle, anniversary and Christmas containers, and an occasional ship.

• Cool 1

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,432 posts
20,566 battles

Letting them convert to silver

• Cool 1

[RAGE]
Members
2,004 posts
9,095 battles

Starting a line at T7 with a permacamo seems better than anything else they're offering. Plus I'll never play the T4-6 ships so will get a bit of silver from selling them off and 3 port slots out it too. 

• Cool 1

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,432 posts
20,566 battles

So far the line is trash so not even worth considering

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,658 posts
25,138 battles

I am going to farm all the tokens I can and get as many of the free ships & perm camos I can manage. It isn't that I want to play them, just want free ships & port slots so I can use them to get coal during snowflake events. I would rather work on the tokens using ships & captains I want to play than to grind out the line using the Italian BBs and captains. For me the game is all about farming resources efficiently and ignoring pointless tech tree ship grinds. There are no missions for tokens that require me to use anything but the ships I want to play so in reality, I am doing nothing different than normal and just collecting more free stuff along the way. Seems a no brainer to me. I think the tier 8 BB is probably out reach but will burn that bridge when I get to it. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,746 posts

I am going to get all the free ships premium that the event offers.  I am not going spend money on this event but free ships and camos?  Might as well.  Will save me the grind later.

• Cool 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,915 posts
7 hours ago, Burnsy said:

I am going to get all the free ships premium that the event offers.  I am not going spend money on this event but free ships and camos?  Might as well.  Will save me the grind later.

none of these ships are premiums though...

[WOLFG]
Members
32,224 posts
9,984 battles
16 minutes ago, SKurj said:

Yes, but you don't have to grind them.

For me, Lepanto would be nice, simply because then, I don't have to grind through BBs with sub-par range. (not a fan of RU BBs for the same reason)

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,915 posts
Just now, Skpstr said:

Yes, but you don't have to grind them.

For me, Lepanto would be nice, simply because then, I don't have to grind through BBs with sub-par range. (not a fan of RU BBs for the same reason)

primarily that was aimed at those who seem to think they are...  and are grinding to get them 

[SGSS]
Members
5,721 posts
11 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

First its free.

2. You dont have to grind or get the modual.

3. Its free. 

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,746 posts
1 hour ago, SKurj said:

No.  They are line ships.  I will still take free ones though.

[FORM]
Members
2,198 posts
13,181 battles
12 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

I see the lure... won't bite,  it but I see it.  

The only ship worth getting IMO is the first one, just to skip 1-3. And if they gave it to you for free, that's just 800 more tokens in your pocket. The cost in tokens of getting the other ships just isn't worth it at all IMO. The tier 6 Andrea costs a total of 5200 Tokens to get.

For 5200 tokens you can get: 
200 Zulu & 200 Papa Flags
11.7M credits
130 Camo @ 600 coal value each, that'd be worth 78,000 coal (assuming the camo value is 12000 per 20, with how it compares to the other armory camo.)

So, I'll wait a month and then either FXP up some of them or what not. I never understood the rush to get past ships that you can "play" - isn't playing the ships the goal of the game in the first place? Sure, skipping past a really bad one, and definitely using FXP to get out of crappy stock ships... but to just leap up to the higher part of a tree line early? And spending money on it? What exactly are you "playing" for in the first place? 

Members
2,069 posts
12,691 battles
19 minutes ago, TheArc said:

The only ship worth getting IMO is the first one, just to skip 1-3. And if they gave it to you for free, that's just 800 more tokens in your pocket. The cost in tokens of getting the other ships just isn't worth it at all IMO. The tier 6 Andrea costs a total of 5200 Tokens to get.

For 5200 tokens you can get: 
200 Zulu & 200 Papa Flags
11.7M credits
130 Camo @ 600 coal value each, that'd be worth 78,000 coal (assuming the camo value is 12000 per 20, with how it compares to the other armory camo.)

So, I'll wait a month and then either FXP up some of them or what not. I never understood the rush to get past ships that you can "play" - isn't playing the ships the goal of the game in the first place? Sure, skipping past a really bad one, and definitely using FXP to get out of crappy stock ships... but to just leap up to the higher part of a tree line early? And spending money on it? What exactly are you "playing" for in the first place? 

I normally do these events for the perma camo but since I'm not much of a BB fan and this line isn't looking so great I might get the loot instead of the ships this time around.

[FORM]
Members
2,198 posts
13,181 battles
3 minutes ago, Rouxi said:

I normally do these events for the perma camo but since I'm not much of a BB fan and this line isn't looking so great I might get the loot instead of the ships this time around.

I only bother with the really pretty perm camo (and I'm not a fan of these 2.) The reason is that I have so many camo already and up til tier 9 & 10 the perma camo isn't nearly as good as the regular 1 use camo, which matters even more now since they increased the captain skill grind so much with the 21 points being so far out of scale more expensive than the 19s were, need that captain XP... 

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts
48 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

First its free.

2. You dont have to grind or get the modual.

3. Its free. 

First 

You have to grind for the tokens, THEY ARE NOT ALL FREE.

No need to go further.

Thanx for trying though.