You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SlartiBartFastE2

Game fun is 6-years low.

150 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
552 posts
11,080 battles

How about that?

All these dissatisfied players keep coming out of the woodwork,...it's almost as if....the game actually went downhill in a big way?

Who'd have thought that a greedy money grab that punishes both the veteran, dedicated player and the casual new player equally, introduced during an economic downturn caused by a pandemic that keeps people at the mercy of their home entertainment, would be so unpopular?

Not WG apparently.

• Cool 13
  • Thanks 5
  • Meh 2

Members
3,438 posts
6,969 battles

This Video is a good example of whats wrong with WOWs in regards to having FUN...

• Cool 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[SALVO]
Members
26,141 posts
29,198 battles
51 minutes ago, SlartiBartFastE2 said:

As a 6-years veteran of game I have to vent this little thing. This game hit all-time low in fun. There's a lot of problems to this component (CV, terrible players who don't want to learn because there's no motivation to get better - you will get cookies anyway, toxic mechanics like dead-eye introduced and balance of P2W ships/flags/etc...), but there's only one real problem - WG doesn't understand and doesn't care, in that respect they are much like alien government over-watching life on Earth with single goal - let population be within certain range.

This is not a whine post, I just feel sad like when you meet old friend and find that he became drunken a$$ and poor shadow of himself...

1. This is absolutely a whine post!!!  If you whined any louder, you'd blow our eardrums out.

2. Players not wanting to learn the game isn't WG's problem.  The reality is that there'll always be a portion of the player base who only care about playing "for fun" and not caring about learning the details of the game mechanics.  What are you gonna do?  Bribe them with cold, hard cash?  

3. CVs?  The only problem I see here is a portion of the player base that whines incessantly. 

4. Deadeye and everything else.  When will you people ever learn that WG fixes non-emergency issues on their own schedule and not on the schedule of the whiners in the player base?

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 35

Members
176 posts
11,182 battles

I don't mind the CV's or the supposed "balance" of the ships. But, I do mind the "unbalanced" MM in random and ranked, which I never play now days. Co-op blows but it's still a beautiful game, so Co-op it is.

As far as 6 years goes, my daddy said "Son, you can hold a cork in a bear's butt for a little while". "a little while" ended fall of last year.

• Cool 7

[WOLFA]
Members
853 posts
7,681 battles

This is the first time since beta that I haven't bought premium time. So I agree with you OP and you're not whining. WG is going suck this cash cow of every last drop of $$$ they .

It's not about fixing the problems with the game it's about stupid missions and events and new garbage ships lines to get people playing the game which makes them $$$.

• Cool 10
  • Thanks 1

[-BCO-]
Members
1,876 posts
3,481 battles
5 hours ago, Crucis said:

1. This is absolutely a whine post!!!  If you whined any louder, you'd blow our eardrums out.

Hm........A paid customer can vent, if he wants. Just dodge.

2. Players not wanting to learn the game isn't WG's problem.  The reality is that there'll always be a portion of the player base who only care about playing "for fun" and not caring about learning the details of the game mechanics.  What are you gonna do?  Bribe them with cold, hard cash?  

That's correct. Btw you should explain that to WeeGee.The honest.....fun part. 

3. CVs?  The only problem I see here is a portion of the player base that whines incessantly. 

Cv's are a big part of the many problems with this game. And what WeeGee does? Release "Chucky" in the game.

4. Deadeye and everything else.  When will you people ever learn that WG does not fixes even non-emergency issues on their own schedule and not never on the schedule  wishes of whiners in the player base?

Fixed for you. There are 492 known bugs in this game. And there are 1,2,3 firing bugs, some aiming bugs, and some interesting other stuff like very stealthy torps( i.e nobody sees them, only after they hit you)  and other fun stuff like that.Plus some of the skills  are still bugged ( PT doesn't always work, Grease the....(yeah) doesn't reflect the port stats etc. etc.

Edited by Bandi73
  • Cool 4
  • Meh 1

[TFLT]
Members
292 posts
14,067 battles
5 hours ago, SlartiBartFastE2 said:

As a 6-years veteran of game I have to vent this little thing. This game hit all-time low in fun. There's a lot of problems to this component (CV, terrible players who don't want to learn because there's no motivation to get better - you will get cookies anyway, toxic mechanics like dead-eye introduced and balance of P2W ships/flags/etc...), but there's only one real problem - WG doesn't understand and doesn't care, in that respect they are much like alien government over-watching life on Earth with single goal - let population be within certain range.

This is not a whine post, I just feel sad like when you meet old friend and find that he became drunken a$$ and poor shadow of himself...

Hear Hear!  I hear what you're saying and feel the same way. I looked at my average games played and they have been steadily dropping (along with my enjoyment) since the month after the CV rework. It was falling off little by little before in terms of games played per session and how many sessions. It is easy for me to point at the CV rework as the point where I really found the fun playing the game drop off so quickly. The changes that made the game and player base worse before had been more gradual and I was a slow boiling frog. The CV changes were sharp and had instantaneous affect on the fun of gameplay. 

There are so many simple things that could be implemented to instantly improve game play and add value/excitement/fun. Instead we find the exact opposite. New skills reinforcing the worst play traits that slow the game and make it awful. Did we really need to incentivize Battleships to remain in spawn or stay stagnantly taking pot shots from the map edges? It took me 5 years to grind out 15 19 pt captains and now I'm expected do grind a million and a half XP again per Captain but I get 5% free xp on every game (read 47 free xp...your Military Month Contributor gives the same). Of course CVs taking away all concealment and punishing any dynamic "pushing" plays contribute to the stagnant game play WG is steering for the last few years. Destroying Secondary Play. Penalizing it and making the cost of a 2ndary Captain insanely more expensive than a Pot Shotter. All of that plus of course CVs being un counterable fun police ruining games and making AA toothless (not only in damage and stopping a strike getting through but useless because the CV prints planes faster than they can be shot down). FDR...no need to say more.

I often wonder if the people that make Captains Skills like Dead Eye or decide to gut Secondary and brawling play even play the game? It's my considered opinion that the decisions made on the way the game is being changed the last few years have caused this game to go from amazing to would have quit a year ago if I  didn't have good friends I want to pop in and talk to. I spent thousands and thousands on this game and got great enjoyment from the game. Today most games are aggravating. My small Clan is actively looking for another game we can move to so we can still play together. This thing is petering out quickly. I played Tanks day 1 and moved to ships on day 1. Been an enjoyable part of my life but they're just making it more and more difficult to get myself to play anymore.

• Cool 12
  • Thanks 4

Members
32 posts
5,459 battles
11 minutes ago, CyberKnife said:

Been an enjoyable part of my life but they're just making it more and more difficult to get myself to play anymore.

Exactly my sentiment. I just don’t understand why all those strange toxic changes

• Cool 3

[ECOM]
Members
284 posts
14,937 battles

4. Deadeye and everything else.  When will you people ever learn that WG fixes non-emergency issues on their own schedule and not on the schedule of the whiners in the player base?

You probably should stop changing the definitions of words to fit your narrative. It might make you look like a honest person. An observation is not a complaint nor is a complaint whining. If you can't tell the difference between these categories, you are better off just not posting and saving yourself the embarrassment. It is like saying "Hey, I see a crack in the wall". Another guy across the room "Why are you complaining about a crack in the wall?:" When the crack is obviously large enough to be a problem that could hurt someone.

The cracks in this game are so large the player base has already been damaged by it and to ignore it is to be compliant with it.

• Cool 17
  • Meh 1

[TSF]
Members
418 posts
14,313 battles
5 hours ago, SlartiBartFastE2 said:

Been an enjoyable part of my life but they're just making it more and more difficult to get myself to play anymore.

Agree 100%

• Cool 1

Members
64 posts
219 battles
10 hours ago, Crucis said:

Stop being a hypocrite!!! What compels you over and over to keep whining about people who point out the frustration with the current meta??? Seriously, look at YOUR posts, whine after whine after whine!!!

• Cool 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 1

[WWJWD]
Beta Testers
257 posts
9,568 battles

On patch day several of the most prominent CCs were streaming games other than WoWs after just a few hours of ships.  If the guys who wave the banner don't care to wave it, that's surely a sign of something.

I haven't played in a few weeks, and it feels great.

• Cool 5

Members
32 posts
5,459 battles
6 minutes ago, Croda said:

On patch day several of the most prominent CCs were streaming games other than WoWs after just a few hours of ships.  If the guys who wave the banner don't care to wave it, that's surely a sign of something.

Yes, noticed that, question is - will WG react somehow or this doesn't mean anything to them?

[FORM]
Members
310 posts
2,200 battles
1 minute ago, SlartiBartFastE2 said:

Yes, noticed that, question is - will WG react somehow or this doesn't mean anything to them?

The only reaction from WG I've heard is from the interview earlier this week with Mr. Conway (not sure who he is,) but it was a frank and casual discussion and Conway said they were "waiting for reports" but were definitely looking at things. Some ships like Super cruisers and Secondary are (in the opinion of the great majority of players,) not as strong as they were relative to other ship types & captain skills now. Not just because of Dead Eye, but also because of the reduction in survivability skills options and/or secondary accuracy. But that's the only peep I've heard or read for WG about it.

• Thanks 1

[WOLFG]
Members
11,816 posts
10,979 battles
3 minutes ago, SlartiBartFastE2 said:

Depends.  It means something to them if it affects their bottom line in a meaningful way.

Getting 6 years out of you (or anyone else) probably exceeds their expectations by a large margin.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

Members
32 posts
5,459 battles

Case in point. Morning coffee features 2 double CV games ... 

WG, I suggest you accompany double CV games with big red button: "Are you having fun yet (Uninstall)"

Update: make it 3 first games with double CV... @WG: "really?"

Edited by SlartiBartFastE2
  • Haha 1

[PVE]
Members
381 posts
3,236 battles
5 hours ago, Diddy_Kongs_Quest said:

The cracks in this game are so large the player base has already been damaged by it and to ignore it is to be compliant with it

Truth

Members
2,070 posts
12,694 battles
32 minutes ago, Croda said:

That's been happening for months now. In fact I think some of those CC only play wows still because most of their viewer base is tied to the game.

• Cool 1

[WWJWD]
Beta Testers
257 posts
9,568 battles
1 minute ago, Rouxi said:

That's been happening for months now. In fact I think some of those CC only play wows still because most of their viewer base is tied to the game.

Agreed, I just thought it was particularly significant on a patch day when a new ship line was introduced.  Patch days used to be a big deal.  Clearly not so much anymore.

• Cool 2

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
52 minutes ago, locked_in_chastity said:

Stop being a hypocrite!!! What compels you over and over to keep whining about people who point out the frustration with the current meta??? Seriously, look at YOUR posts, whine after whine after whine!!!

There is a certain irony in the posters whose only purpose seems to be complaining about complaints and insulting anyone who isn't a cheerleader. 

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1