Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SgtOlivertwist

Ostergotland The BB Menace

13 comments in this topic

[ADR]
Members
4,519 posts
17,038 battles

Ostergot is a pile of crap.  It's better than all the others in the line but being the best turd is not an accolade.   

I am 1 run away from the Halland and I can finally put this entirely useless line of ship to rest. 

• Boring 1

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts
10 minutes ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

Ostergot is a pile of crap.  It's better than all the others in the line but being the best turd is not an accolade.   

I am 1 run away from the Halland and I can finally put this entirely useless line of ship to rest. 

Not sure if you are kidding or not.

Oster AND Halland are MONSTERS in the right hands.

Maybe just not yours?

• Cool 1

[ADR]
Members
4,519 posts
17,038 battles
7 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Not sure if you are kidding or not.

Maybe just not yours?

you can look up my Oster stats. make your own judgement.

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts
43 minutes ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

you can look up my Oster stats. make your own judgement.

If you have something so say say it here. Not everyone is so interested in you that we want to take time to " Look you up "

You said the ship was krap.

Not our job to look you up like you are some guru to see if you were kidding.

Thats playing games.

We are busy.

• Cool 2

[-ARM-]
Members
60 posts
6,311 battles

From a fun perspective I kinda like them.  Smaland from a "bother to think about what I'm doing" aspect is deadly vs entertaining.  I don't mind others getting kill credit - win the fight....drink beer tonite!  Lose the fight.... dead!  SML mentioned as first cuz to OGL and step-bro to HAL.

I am curious, maybe we've noted different aspects, what is it that turns you cold to them?

[WOOKY]
Members
5 posts
4,531 battles

Ya I really enjoy it. Not sure why you think its bad if you are boasting good stats in it though?  I have a  alot of great games in the oster and the halland. 

[INTEL]
Members
3,454 posts
19,086 battles
7 minutes ago, SgtOlivertwist said:

Ya I really enjoy it. Not sure why you think its bad if you are boasting good stats in it though?  I have a  alot of great games in the oster and the halland. 

Oster is fine.  It's fun to play and is the pinnacle of the Tech line.  The Smaland is the true successor to the Oster.  The Halland is the oddball in the lineup. 

[ADR]
Members
4,519 posts
17,038 battles
11 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

10 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

If you have something so say say it here. Not everyone is so interested in you that we want to take time to " Look you up "

You said the ship was krap.

Not our job to look you up like you are some guru to see if you were kidding.

Thats playing games.

We are busy.

You are the one who just insinuated it might be in the wrong hands,  My stats clearly show it's in the right hands.  You can be lazy all you want. ( there really is only 1 purpose to hide your stats and be so lazy as to not look someone up before trying a witty retort like you just did, to see if they might know what they are talking about)

Clearly the ship is in the right hands and I play it like a monster.   I have the ability.  The ship line is defunct of purpose in the game (meta)  Capping and controlling the cap zones.  It is a very ineffective ship line to do such, it's a pure slow damage over time dealer and semi choke point controller, it's weak, albeit fast,  torpedoes are not suited to stopping a determined push as apposed to other DDs with smoke, and harder hitting torps.   It's guns, yes on par with other 120s are very soft hitting even vs other DDs.  the only DDs it can control with its guns are the Japanese DD's  and you best be at range just so you can dodge any torps they may have fired.  get in close and your knife fighting skills are hampered by the slow speed and not so agile maneuverability of the ship.

The ships are slow, even with speed boost making you not even a ship that can react to counter pushes and counter pushes where you may need to reinforce the team.

Hands down the ships are just awful for the designed game modes compared to most other DD lines.

Edited by Shadowrigger1
  • Boring 1

[ADR]
Members
4,519 posts
17,038 battles
9 hours ago, ThisIsClassic said:

Oster is fine.  It's fun to play and is the pinnacle of the Tech line.  The Smaland is the true successor to the Oster.  The Halland is the oddball in the lineup. 

Not a fan of the Smaland either,  Halland I'm just getting into and will know better once I have a feel for the ship

[SALVO]
Members
3,090 posts
7,066 battles

You are the one who just insinuated it might be in the wrong hands,  My stats clearly show it's in the right hands.  You can be lazy all you want. ( there really is only 1 purpose to hide your stats and be so lazy as to not look someone up before trying a witty retort like you just did, to see if they might know what they are talking about)

Clearly the ship is in the right hands and I play it like a monster.   I have the ability.  

I love the enthusiasm and I respect our stats, very solid for so many games, so don't get me wrong.  But  lets be real here 57%  on  1200 PR and 46k avg damage  isn't really  "monster".  Those kind of words should be reserved for super unicums or at least very strong unicums. 

I would suggest that the Euros are simply not matching your preferred play style. 

• Cool 1

[ADR]
Members
4,519 posts
17,038 battles
1 hour ago, eviltane said:

I love the enthusiasm and I respect our stats, very solid for so many games, so don't get me wrong.  But  lets be real here 57%  on  1200 PR and 46k avg damage  isn't really  "monster".  Those kind of words should be reserved for super unicums or at least very strong unicums. 

I would suggest that the Euros are simply not matching your preferred play style. 

I recently came back from a year off, and Struggle bussed the last 2 months with the USN BB split, these Euro trash DD's, and working on the new cruisers in the Italian and British Split.  I don't pad my stats by playing only strong ships I know will help my PR,  I really don't care about PR or any of that, but when someone tries to claim i'm not good.

PR is a [edited] metric anyway, you can pad it and make yourself look super "unicum"   I don't go for the Uber damage and stat boosting things like others, I play to win, winning isn't stat padding.

And I totally agree,  Euro Trash DDs are not my play style,  they are simply not a ship that contributes much to the team in regards to winning.

And I need to change a little,  Yesterday when I looked I had a 71% WR in that ship,  I guess after yesterdays team struggle session of loss after loss really took a hammering to it.

Edited by Shadowrigger1
  • Funny 1

Sign in to follow this