Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

So today I played two matches in BBs

15 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,192 posts

Random battles both. Both in the CG, ah good old Cesare. Finished top of the board on our team in both matches. One match around 132K dmg the other 92K or 98K. 

Strangest thing though, the teams (in both cases) just folded up like last week's newspaper. These loses were much different to my eyes than what they used to be, prior to the skill changes. How so you ask?

Well yup, there was the reluctance of many to engage at all or even move forward a bit. But now it's all ship types: dds, cruisers and bbs. They sort of just mill around waiting for someone else to move forward. Okay. I get it everyone fears Dead-eye. But how they died was weird too... tootling along fine, doing some good work then poof - gone. I suppose Dead-eye works if you fire on your enemy. 

Heck, all I wanted was to knock out some of the Italian missions. CG has a pretty good overall win rate for me. I figured no problem. But it seems my expectations were a bit higher than reality could deliver. Two straight loses separated by oh, twenty minutes maybe. 

These were the first matches I've played in nearly two weeks. Gosh, I hope play gets better in the next couple of weeks. Until then, it looks like fast turns in coop will be the ticket. 

You guys having any games like this? 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
5,651 posts
10,984 battles

I seem to have more games where team yolo in and die quickly.  Sometimes we can come back when it gets to a core of good players.  Less games of people hanging way, way back but they do crop up and I tell them where they need to be.  I do see a lot of CAs just flaunt their sides at 15 km away from BBs and then blame Deadeye - automatically of course.  Though - eved the teams that mover forward - which helps stop Deadeye - many of my teams allow the caps to be taken when our ships are next to the cap - not sure what is up with that.  Have been in a few games that we lost just because of cap control alone.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,265 posts
12,206 battles
22 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Random battles both. Both in the CG, ah good old Cesare. Finished top of the board on our team in both matches. One match around 132K dmg the other 92K or 98K. 

Strangest thing though, the teams (in both cases) just folded up like last week's newspaper. These loses were much different to my eyes than what they used to be, prior to the skill changes. How so you ask?

Well yup, there was the reluctance of many to engage at all or even move forward a bit. But now it's all ship types: dds, cruisers and bbs. They sort of just mill around waiting for someone else to move forward. Okay. I get it everyone fears Dead-eye. But how they died was weird too... tootling along fine, doing some good work then poof - gone. I suppose Dead-eye works if you fire on your enemy. 

Heck, all I wanted was to knock out some of the Italian missions. CG has a pretty good overall win rate for me. I figured no problem. But it seems my expectations were a bit higher than reality could deliver. Two straight loses separated by oh, twenty minutes maybe. 

These were the first matches I've played in nearly two weeks. Gosh, I hope play gets better in the next couple of weeks. Until then, it looks like fast turns in coop will be the ticket. 

Not going to get to far playing 2 games and then coming here or going to coop . I'm mean your not wrong with what  your saying but you have to lose a few to be able to win a few . It's just the way things are right now it's not for the faint of heart . You win 5 blow outs games then lose the next 6 blowout games it's tough to deal with and very aggravating .

Edited by clammboy

Members
12,597 posts
14,320 battles
1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Yes I had battles like this since update and now have stopped playing for the time being as things are so bad. Used to be you could advise at least some of the new players how to get to a decent build where they would not be so fearful nor do useless.

Now skills are chaotic mess of skills, many of which are non functioning such as the AA skills. Which brings us to conditions that are much like some of the phases of CV Rework in terms of defenseless ships vs AA. Then add in dead eye and matters get even worse. Also add in theory more dangerous torpedoes and cruiser shells based on skill descriptions even if weaker in practice and it creates a fearful mess.

I really would like to be playing WOWs at the moment, but it’s just nothing like any of my play styles at the moment to do so. Secondary BBs dead, AA ships pretty much dead, torpedo DDs greatly suffering, CLs nothing really for them in skills, good general purpose ships eh not really able to be that way. Unless you enjoy long range sniping and hiding there is not really a meta for you at the moment. Really hoping they fix this mess soon.

[ADR]
Members
4,521 posts
17,048 battles

I hardly really try anymore, I load in, see if my team will move, if they barely move, I just sit behind them and do donuts until we lose.

• Funny 1

Members
1,531 posts
14 minutes ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

I hardly really try anymore, I load in, see if my team will move, if they barely move, I just sit behind them and do donuts until we lose.

I get it I really do but why not go get some before the loss?

[ADR]
Members
4,521 posts
17,048 battles
Just now, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

I get it I really do but why not go get some before the loss?

I can do better things like;

Laundry

Dishes

Vacuum a little

come back try the next match, if they are moving and doing their thing, I get on it.

I am straight doing the EU DD line which is hands down dead tied for worst line in the game, so there isn't crap you can do without your team to back you up in most instances.

• Cool 1

Members
1,531 posts
2 minutes ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

I can do better things like;

Laundry

Dishes

Vacuum a little

come back try the next match, if they are moving and doing their thing, I get on it.

I am straight doing the EU DD line which is hands down dead tied for worst line in the game, so there isn't crap you can do without your team to back you up in most instances.

Fair enough

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,192 posts

I realize two do not make a series. In the past however, when I've had a break, I rarely came back to two losses in a row. Especially using the GC. So before I dive back in-depth I thought I'd ask about. 

The forum's usually a pretty good gauge for long-term players as to how the proverbial winds are blowing, contrary to semi and/or official views. 

I'm off tomorrow so I can give another go. Still got to file taxes though (yack). 

[-AGW-]
Members
1,017 posts
16,221 battles

People sitting on the base-line and waiting for someone to go first is not a new thing. I just look at my place on the map and do what usually works. After a few thousand battles you shouldn't really wonder what to do.

[SCREW]
Beta Testers
204 posts
10,163 battles

Will agree things are a hot mess atm. Taking a break from wows myself and may come back in a couple weeks(months?) when the rebork(s) get fixed. Though  one wonders if many do as I just said above what hot mess of a spreadsheet WG will have to work with 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,192 posts
11 hours ago, NashW8 said:

People sitting on the base-line and waiting for someone to go first is not a new thing. I just look at my place on the map and do what usually works. After a few thousand battles you shouldn't really wonder what to do.

It's a bit different these days... sure, folks always camped but the percentage per team was lower. It seems in these matches (six more today), as soon as the battle starts, everyone turns bow to the reds so they can move to another part of the map, steering as far from the reds as they can.

6 hours ago, _Madcows_ said:

Will agree things are a hot mess atm. Taking a break from wows myself and may come back in a couple weeks(months?) when the rebork(s) get fixed. Though  one wonders if many do as I just said above what hot mess of a spreadsheet WG will have to work with 

I think yea, I'm gonna disengage for another week or two. 

Overall, it is my opinion the skill "rework" has truly upset overall game balance, in a negative way. All the usual suspects I suppose.. but the game "used" to be balanced upon very thin lines. Now it just reminds me of spaghetti tossed against a wall to see what will stick. Problem is, what sticks ain't necessarily good for the game. 

So Herr Reitz, why do you feel you know better than the devs, eh? Good question. Here's what I see. I am part of a larger group of individuals known as users, customers, cash cows and probably worse names. As a provider of services to a like group of individuals, when are they more likely to spend time and money on a game?

When the devs come up with simple rules for a game that, when woven together, makes the game as simple or complex as I, the player, want it to be and become. What drew me to the game was the simple concept of ships firing big guns at other ships and the skills/tactics needed to hit those ships and yes, sink them on occasion. 

Introduce gimmicks. Shame gimmicks were ever introduced. Gimmicks affect everything. Because of gimmicks, balancing is a much touchier, more challenging "thing" than it needs to be. 

If they had stuck to some hard and fast rules for the various ship types, who would have cared if all cruisers were the same, performance-wise? Not me. You? Money could have been made far more easily with cosmetics. Heck, imo, even flags that modify baseline performance of ships is silly. 

So for me, they've lost "it". Machine gunning cruisers that burn down battleships. Battleships! Destroyers more or less immune from giant friggin' holes punched through them from battleships, smaller but more numerous holes from cruisers. Torpedo belt armor that can be boosted from a commander's skills? What? Eh? Then there is the FDR, locking ships behind steel thereby distorting the balance. 

Heck, everything they do anymore disturbs the Force. Balance seems to have been tossed out the window. 

There is no possible way any of them can play this game, as it sits today and claim it is balanced. It isn't. Balance in the game right now, again in my opinion, is worse than it was after the CV rework. 

So yeah, I'm gonna head to port for a few days, a week or more, until some of this gets tossed out, redone or rehab'd cause as it stands now, this game is simply not fun to play. I'd like to think otherwise, but as of today, I don't think they have any plans to take it back to fun.

Just my two cents. 

[-AGW-]
Members
1,017 posts
16,221 battles
2 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

It's a bit different these days... sure, folks always camped but the percentage per team was lower. It seems in these matches (six more today), as soon as the battle starts, everyone turns bow to the reds so they can move to another part of the map, steering as far from the reds as they can.

I

The little scramble at the beginnibg with its colisions is quite funny. "After you sir. No please go first...

• Haha 1

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,407 posts
10,647 battles

It's not dead-eye. It's the brawling BBs having lost their secondaries and cruisers losing a lot of survival skills. 

You don't see a GK or french BB sniping from 20k and getting any mentionable damage do you? If a ship isn't good at long range to begin with, deadeye is not going to help it become good. Ship accuracy tables are set so that they shift from good to bad either from long to short range or from mid range good getting worse to short and long range. A 10% improvement in dispersion is at best just changing the 'good accuracy' distance range the ship already has by a km or two nothing more. 

Kremlin is the only ship unaffacted by the changes...in fact it got significant boost from it (which was of course the intended design of the whole rework..only the soviet line got much better). However, WG does not play their own game and obviously never thought that kremlin players could not push alone... since the HE spam from cruisers now fully required to hide behind islands and now BBs firing from the rear makes their bias-implemented advantages not work...after all, fire and HE mechanics cannot be nerfed without nerfing the entire soviet line as well. 

The only things that 'push' now are destroyers. A dd that crosses the mid-map line and plays smart is able to ravage the opposing time by merely spotting the cruisers up front and torping the bbs in the back. 

Sign in to follow this