Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
cherry2blost

Seems a bit naughty

15 comments in this topic

[TURN]
Members
11 posts
635 battles

So today I bought a new Captain "Bert Dunkirk" from the Armory for 1500 Dubloons. Why is he trained to the Black Swan and me needing to spend another 500 Dubloons to put him onto the ship he was intended for? Why not just tell in advance that it's going to b3 2000 Dubloons for a new Captain?

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
6,899 posts
5,447 battles
3 minutes ago, cherry2blost said:

So today I bought a new Captain "Bert Dunkirk" from the Armory for 1500 Dubloons. Why is he trained to the Black Swan and me needing to spend another 500 Dubloons to put him onto the ship he was intended for? Why not just tell in advance that it's going to b3 2000 Dubloons for a new Captain?

If you had bought the guy 2 days ago, you would have paid only 50 dubs...

• Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
2,781 posts
28,250 battles

You can save the doubloons by using ECXP, or play in a premium ship until the requisite CXP is reached.

• Cool 1

[TURN]
Members
11 posts
635 battles

As a newer player I do not have a glut of Premium ships nor a ton of Elite XP... Just seems a bit of a dirty trick, why not sell you a Captain and then ask you which ship you wish to have him trained to? .....

Just feels like an extra money grab :(

Edited by cherry2blost
  • Thanks 2

[WMD]
Members
1,897 posts
10,597 battles
1 minute ago, cherry2blost said:

As a newer player I do not have a glut of Premium ships nor a ton of Elite XP... Just seems a bit of a dirty trick, why not sell you a Captain and then ask you which ship you wish to have him trained to? .....

Has never worked that way in the game, the game is designed to have lots of conveniences tucked away behind a pay wall. Paying for convenience is what keeps the servers running. 

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,915 posts
14 minutes ago, cherry2blost said:

Just feels like an extra money grab :(

this is fair.. and really should be considered

But then again 12500 xp...  that's one real good Narai.. operation...

it doesn't matter that last week it would have been 50 dubs, it likely won't be 50 again for along time.  

Members
81 posts
8,719 battles

because $$$.  as you advance you will learn there are many hidden wallet grabs in the game.  like the signals for dubs that used to turn itself on all the time

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,262 posts
12,187 battles
12 minutes ago, tjaluk said:

because $$$.  as you advance you will learn there are many hidden wallet grabs in the game.  like the signals for dubs that used to turn itself on all the time

That's still there if you don't uncheck it .

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,262 posts
12,187 battles
1 hour ago, cherry2blost said:

Yea that's too bad you didn't get it 2 days ago sometimes were just not thinking about all the angles it's hard  . 

[WOLFG]
Members
32,225 posts
9,984 battles
2 hours ago, cherry2blost said:

You can also, if you can get a premium of any tier, just retrain him for free and grind the XP needed.

Or grind out the ECXP needed, you get the same 5% amount as free XP per match.

[KIVA]
Members
159 posts

The cheapest of all possible options requires no premium ships or doubloon expenditure- just hire (900,000cr) and dismiss (for 92500cr, IIRC) 6-point captains until you have enough ECXP banked to cover the re-training cost of the one you're keeping.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,469 posts

robbing peter to pay paul. Hollows out the game product.

[O_O]
Members
6,964 posts
16,940 battles
4 hours ago, cherry2blost said:

So today I bought a new Captain "Bert Dunkirk" from the Armory for 1500 Dubloons. Why is he trained to the Black Swan and me needing to spend another 500 Dubloons to put him onto the ship he was intended for?

I tend to abhor complaints about why players have to spend "X" to get "Y".

But, in this case I agree with you completely.  If you PAY for a PREMIUM commander, you should initially get to assign that commander to whatever ship you want within that nationality without additional charge.  You paid $$ for him already!

B9LiPag.jpg from me.

Edited by desmo_2

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,432 posts
20,566 battles

Milking_cow.gif?37f1f

They milking you like a cash cow

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,915 posts

it is still only 12500xp...  to retrain for nothing... this is what i usually do for retraining...  run some signals, and git 'er done

Sign in to follow this