Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
amoncz

Why is not some cutoff in place for ranks?

13 comments in this topic

[SOTHS]
Members
92 posts
9,067 battles

Players with 38% WR are simply burden to any team. Make some WR cut and thats it. Like 48% or something. It's ridiculous how many bad players i have to see.

• Funny 2
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 5

Members
7,384 posts
17,441 battles
10 minutes ago, amoncz said:

Players with 38% WR are simply burden to any team. Make some WR cut and thats it. Like 48% or something. It's ridiculous how many bad players i have to see.

The more players that are worse than you, the easier it is to carry or save your star. Unless of course you can't carry or save a star. 

Players asking for better players in the q are hoping to be carried, meaning they are more likely to be a detriment in that kind of match making

Edited by DuckyShot
  • Cool 6

[HOLE]
Members
204 posts
2,352 battles
22 minutes ago, amoncz said:

So you're going to attack player's over a very broken win rate system? So now back to subject. Why should any player not have access to any and all events due to win rates? Whats next a age limit? The only problem with Ranked in my opinion is the all too famous save a star part. It doesn't promote anything other than selfish game play that people good or bad can use to climb up. They should have called it the coat tail star. Groups can count in and abuse the system by helping each other to advance by throwing matches. Its not a guarantee process but the odds are better with numbers doing this. The point is, simply play if you're having fun or stop if you're not. Its a simple as that, than complaining because you are not having fun.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,462 posts
17,427 battles
1 hour ago, amoncz said:

Subtext: "Give me teams that will carry me to victory and erase these worthless plebs from my MM."

Members
82 posts
8,754 battles

because it is a game, and if you are allowed to play, why should others be stopped from playing cause you don't think they should be allowed to have fun.

[V_V_V]
Members
967 posts
17,044 battles
2 hours ago, amoncz said:

It's ridiculous how many bad players i have to see.

You don't have to see them if you don't look for them to begin with.  Tend your own garden.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,924 posts

those 38% wr players are singled out by your teammates and your opponents before the match has started.

teammates likely worried they might catch something from them, and your opponents are just watching and waiting for one of them to show some side...

why not do the same..

[WOLFG]
Members
32,398 posts
10,021 battles
13 hours ago, amoncz said:

I agree, but we should make the cutoff 52%.

Members
2,070 posts
12,694 battles

Don't need a cutoff just remove the irrevocable ranks and make it so you can drop down a league mid sprint. Those are the things keeping bad players from failing down. But since WG put those mechanics in place we can only assume they want everyone to rank out no matter their skill level. Maybe this is their attempt to increase participation levels by making it easier. 

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,321 posts
13,179 battles
14 hours ago, DuckyShot said:

The more players that are worse than you, the easier it is to carry

so much truth here. its blinding the OP. careful, you might get sued. 

Sign in to follow this