You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Toxygene

Ranked is (not) great

13 comments in this topic

[O2]
Members
457 posts
10,034 battles

I am bronze I am told. After 19 matches today I have ranked up from rank 10 to 8. I don't get it. Win, loss, win, loss, win, loss etc etc. Is there an underlying point I am missing? Has anyone actually had...say 2 wins in a row? or reached the top? What it's like?

[-N-]
Beta Testers
191 posts
5,193 battles
Just now, Toxygene said:

Win, loss, win, loss, win, loss etc etc.

it means, you are an extremely average player, you win when your team is good and you lose when your team is bad, you dont contribute anything or make plays, you just come on forums and cry about it.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 2

[O2]
Members
457 posts
10,034 battles
Just now, reza577 said:

it means, you are an extremely average player, you win when your team is good and you lose when your team is bad, you dont contribute anything or make plays, you just come on forums and cry about it.

I bet that insult made your day.

[RBMK]
Members
2,204 posts
35,045 battles
9 minutes ago, Toxygene said:

I am bronze I am told. After 19 matches today I have ranked up from rank 10 to 8. I don't get it. Win, loss, win, loss, win, loss etc etc. Is there an underlying point I am missing? Has anyone actually had...say 2 wins in a row? or reached the top? What it's like?

It's brutal. Hoping qualifications are better but not likely.

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,112 posts
11,845 battles

Only played 4 games yesterday but won 3. Sone days you get the potatoe, some days the potatoes get you

[WOLFA]
Members
853 posts
7,681 battles

How about win, win, win, win and the rest of the 16 battles after complete and utter blow outs because trash players with no camo and playing ships that don't belong in ranked :Smile_facepalm:

Members
208 posts
5,106 battles
48 minutes ago, Toxygene said:

Yes, if you actually get good at the game then you will start to see more wins. It really is that simple. For good players losing stars is unlikely, because you almost always get top of team in matches you lose.

[SALVO]
Members
7,054 posts
5,529 battles

The first sprint is always a Mayhem (well, last season being the parameter) until failhards/AFKlords fail their way up, Bronze will be "unpleasant".

Try to move up to Silver as fast as you can.

[AN2AC]
Members
160 posts
9,350 battles

Why does every time ranked start, we get these posts? ..... the next one will be "I quit playing ranked..."  ok no bets.

played 2 games  ... lost 2. still on 10 lol. try again tonight, Neptune is against me.

topped 1 in a Georgia (not so good in the first, my Mass was amongst all T9).  ave damage 68k, 1.5 destroyed and 18 planes. it is what it is.

[USCG]
Members
751 posts
22,857 battles

I went 0-5 today. Had a few good games but not good enough. Just the way it is I guess. On the other hand I went something like 8-2 in randoms today which was good since I’m re-grinding the IJN gunboat line. 

Still, I’m surprised when I see certain ships show up in ranked. While they might be fair in randoms, ranked tends to be a bit more...challenging. I’m sorry but an Ibuki is a step down from an Alaska...

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,809 posts
12,634 battles

If you play a low impact ship, you reduce your ability to influence the game. Last season, it was Yoshino, for example. 45% WR across the board in a meta focused on range and utility.

Members
878 posts

stop getting deleted in the first 7 minutes might help....dont spam in the chat box about how bad you are the whole 7 mins...might help..

stop sailing away at the first sign of a dd...might help....dont play dumb will definitely help...dont play scared..might help 

Edited by arch4random

Members
878 posts

wows ..ranked battles needs an emblem extension...i am noticing a few players who have reached the 210 threshold...would be nice to continue ...same style .. 

<<<<<<<<<those emblems please