Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WM1957

Captain skills and tech tree ships

7 comments in this topic

[PHD]
Members
277 posts
8,716 battles

Before the change, all captains were limited to choosing a set of skills for a particular tech tree ship they would specialize in. However, the new system allows for each captain to have specialized skills for all four classes of ships. I would be a good enhancement to allow one captain to be specialized in one tech tree of each class be able to move freely to each of those ships. One battleship, one cruiser, one destroyer, and one aircraft carrier, as well as the premium and special ships.

Captain skills have 4 different pages for specialization, why not allow each page of captain skills to be specialized to one tech tree ship each?

As an example, have an IJN captain specialized for Yamato, Mogami, Harugumo, and Shokaku and freely move between them, as well as the premium and special ships. Any movement to another tech tree ship would require retraining.

Edited by WM1957

[CVA16]
Members
6,187 posts
19,061 battles
37 minutes ago, WM1957 said:

I would be a good enhancement to allow one captain to be specialized in one tech tree of each class be able to move freely to each of those ships

Yeah, that would be nice but it flies in the face of WG getting you to grind / pay to avoid the grind (buy premium time/ships). The new multiple builds is only really effective for premium ships. You can specialize in one tech tree ship (say a cruiser) and then have that captain trained for general or specialized premium DD and BB. This is one way, however, to have  a very unique or specialized/weird build for a premium ship. You just pull him in from some random other tech tree ship of a different class  and build your all AA captain for a premium ship.

Just might have to keep list where these special captains are hiding

[WOLFC]
Members
2,580 posts
11,084 battles
48 minutes ago, WM1957 said:

Captain skills have 4 different pages for specialization, why not allow each page of captain skills to be specialized to one tech tree ship each?

Because then you wouldn’t have to pay doubloons to utilize this great new feature of the commander skill rework. :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1

Members
93 posts
33,000 battles

I want back my radiolocation for my battleships the only possible reason for taking it away is to give even more advantage to destroyers I find it extremely annoying what WG has decided to do I cannot express my dissatisfaction in a way that you would understand or not that you even care

Members
47 posts

I hate how so many of these skills were made by splitting up ones in the original tree. Now rather than spending x amount on one skill for a desired result, I spend x amount for multiple skills to accomplish the same job and now I have less to make up the build I want.

[CVA16]
Members
6,187 posts
19,061 battles
2 hours ago, Panzer_Mac_W126 said:

I hate how so many of these skills were made by splitting up ones in the original tree. Now rather than spending x amount on one skill for a desired result, I spend x amount for multiple skills to accomplish the same job and now I have less to make up the build I want.

Yes, as has been pointed out many times, you now need that 21 pts to maybe get back what you used to have at 19. And for many builds, you never will get close to what you had before.

Whereas before , only a couple of skills had poison pills included (like IFHE), now there are lots. Lots of others that only work under specific circumstances.

CVs got lots of cool new toys though. Just imagine what the subs will get.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,922 posts

meh... i just want a different set of class captain skills for pvp, pve, and ops :)

Sign in to follow this