You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
crazyrom

Dante Alighieri SCAM (yes, precisely)

63 comments in this topic

[FLTF1]
Members
287 posts
7,871 battles

Ok, there is like 10 topics already.
People complain that we have to buy AGAIN the same ship we already OWN.
Then someone reponds "yeah, but you get 950.000 silver for it!"
There is a little problem: We are FORCED to pay 800 italian tokens on a ship we ALREADY OWN. And get 950000 silver back. BUT:
800 italian tokens exchanged for silver, should pay 1.800.000 silver! (and not 950.000) Here is the exchange rate:
image.png.7c597ee73ce56861ceb4b9fbef579bb9.png

So, Wargaming, good job giving people useless "prime reward" just to irritate everyone with this scam. You should fire the person who invented this awesome "prime campaign", to give people a ship and then just force them to pay for it.

Even if they change and start giving 1.800.000 for Dante - I still don't want this silver! I want my 800 tokens to use it to buy italian BBs and permacamos!

Edited by crazyrom
  • Cool 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 9
  • Meh 2

Members
2,069 posts
12,694 battles

WG is going to read all this feed back and think people don't like getting things for free.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 5

[FLTF1]
Members
287 posts
7,871 battles
2 minutes ago, Rouxi said:

WG is going to read all this feed back and think people don't like getting things for free.

I prefer not to get Dante in that "prime early access" than to get it like this and have to waste tokens on it. If there was no prime access, I would be happy to buy it today for bare 800 tokens. Get the psychology?

• Boring 3

Members
2,069 posts
12,694 battles
2 minutes ago, crazyrom said:

I prefer not to get Dante in that "prime early access" than to get it like this and have to waste tokens on it. If there was no prime access, I would be happy to buy it today for bare 800 tokens. Get the psychology?

No. It literally sounds to me like you are complaining about getting something for free because you are.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 8

[FLTF1]
Members
287 posts
7,871 battles
Just now, Rouxi said:

No. It literally sounds to me like you are complaining about getting something for free because you are.

I am not getting something for free. I already own Dante. I can skip this entire event, and still will have the Dante. It is mine. And now, I am being forced to waste 800 tokens to get 950k silver. It's double scam: 1) waste 800 tokens on ship I already have. 2) get paid 950k silver for 800 tokens that worth at least 1.800k silver.

• Boring 2
  • Meh 1

Members
2,069 posts
12,694 battles
1 minute ago, crazyrom said:

I am not getting something for free. I already own Dante. I can skip this entire event, and still will have the Dante. It is mine. And now, I am being forced to waste 800 tokens to get 950k silver. It's double scam: 1) waste 800 tokens on ship I already have. 2) get paid 950k silver for 800 tokens that worth at least 1.800k silver.

You got more than what somebody without prime has gotten and you've complaining about it not being enough.

• Meh 3

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,741 posts
21,830 battles

WG will probably say you got access to the ship extra early through the Prime Gaming promo, so it's okay. And you got free credits now too.

IMO basically everything about this event is a terrible trap to begin with, so this is not so surprising.

• Cool 2

[WOLFC]
Members
2,582 posts
11,084 battles

Let’s do some math:

If you hadn’t gotten your BB early, you would spend your 800 tokens and end up with: a tier IV BB.

In your current situation, you still spend those 800 tokens and end up with: a tier IV BB +950k credits.

Looks like your Prime Gaming bonus netted you 950k credits, since by your own admission you want to to get the higher tier content and would have bought the bundle anyways.

You are complaining that you didn’t get enough free stuff.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[AAA]
Members
209 posts
20,045 battles
10 minutes ago, crazyrom said:

Negative Bucky. 
1) you got earlier access to Dante with Prime 

2) you get a free 3 pt captain 

3) you get a free port slot 

4) you get 955,000 credits 

I am failing to see the scam here. If you want to feel better, you could just give back the 955,000 credits, then you end up with the normal rewards. 

Edited by xXUglykidXx
  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 1

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,826 posts
7,534 battles

People griping about a tiny little part of a very blatant early access cash grab.  The entire event is smoke and mirrors, with a lean towards whales who don't mind spending some cash to get early access and save some grinding.    All these ships will be available to grind in the normal tech tree line in a month anyway for absolutely no money and no additional effort but playing the game.   There was nothing of any real value in the  prime loot reward or the spaghetti tokens..   The fact that some are on here fussing about it means that WG's marketing department has done their job done well in creating some mythical extra perceived value from dangling the tech tree ships  on a stick out in front of their sheep.    

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Members
576 posts
6 hours ago, xXUglykidXx said:

Negative Bucky. 

5) you get charged tokens for a ship you already have unlocked. 

Edited by OuijaApologist
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[LOU1]
Members
4,249 posts
12,713 battles

I was just thinling about someone who hasn't claimed their Prime Gaming package yet but has spent the 800 Tokens on Alghieri.  When they do claim the package, they will will get the Credits, port slot, and Captain.

Disclaimer:  I, too,  was bothered at first when I discovered I had to use 800 Tokens on a ship already in my Port.  Probably because it surprised me and I felt tricked.  Now I think I was just being greedy because it doesn't seem to bother me that much.  Especially since these are Tech Tree ships and will be available for a long time to grind for free.

Banned
1,424 posts
6,083 battles
10 minutes ago, xXUglykidXx said:

Negative Bucky. 

I am failing to see the scam here. If you want to feel better, you could just give back the 955,000 credits, then you end up with the normal rewards. 

And this is why WG keep doing this crap. It doesn't matter what they do, there will always someone defending them.

As if people really cared about the port slot or the 3 points captain.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[FLTF1]
Members
287 posts
7,871 battles
10 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Let’s do some math:

If you hadn’t gotten your BB early, you would spend your 800 tokens and end up with: a tier IV BB.

In your current situation, you still spend those 800 tokens and end up with: a tier IV BB +950k credits.

Looks like your Prime Gaming bonus netted you 950k credits, since by your own admission you want to to get the higher tier content and would have bought the bundle anyways.

You are complaining that you didn’t get enough free stuff.

You ever heard of Toy Yoda?
https://me.mashable.com/culture/8976/woman-sues-company-after-she-won-a-toyota-that-turned-out-to-be-a-toy-yoda
they made her believe she is getting a car, Toyota, but it was actually a doll, Toy Yoda. But you got a doll! No dude. I was promised a free premium ship, not some useless 950k silver that I can win in 2 battles.

• Boring 1

[FLTF1]
Members
287 posts
7,871 battles
Just now, iRA6E said:

People griping about a tiny little part of a very blatant early access cash grab.  The entire event is smoke and mirrors, with a lean towards whales who don't mind spending some cash to get early access and save some grinding.    All these ships will be available to grind in the normal tech tree line in a month anyway for absolutely no money and no additional effort but playing the game.   There was nothing of any real value in the  prime loot reward or the spaghetti tokens..   The fact that some are on here fussing about it means that WG's marketing department has done their job done well in creating some mythical extra perceived value from dangling the tech tree ships  on a stick out in front of their sheep.    

well, there are permacamos for the italian ships, and also T7 ship (which saves painful t1-t6 grind). That all is pretty decent, for "free".

[WOLFG]
Members
11,811 posts
10,972 battles

I was promised a free premium ship.

Not mentioning everything else, you were not promised a free premium ship.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 2

[FLTF1]
Members
287 posts
7,871 battles
Just now, DrHolmes52 said:

Not mentioning everything else, you were not promised a free premium ship.

yes I was, they even gave it to me, I still have the Dante in my port. Its there, free premium ship.

Members
2,069 posts
12,694 battles
4 minutes ago, WarStore said:

And this is why WG keep doing this crap. It doesn't matter what they do, there will always someone defending them.

As if people really cared about the port slot or the 3 points captain.

And there will always be people complaining about whatever they do no matter how silly that complaint is.

[WOLFG]
Members
11,811 posts
10,972 battles

yes I was, they even gave it to me, I still have the Dante in my port. Its there, free premium ship.

It's an early release ship.  At best it is a temporary premium.  In the end, it is a tech-tree ship.

[CAAT]
Members
1,033 posts
4,626 battles
46 minutes ago, OuijaApologist said:
1 hour ago, Rouxi said:

WG is going to read all this feed back

Image result for sailor moon laughing gif

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,582 posts
11,084 battles
31 minutes ago, crazyrom said:

You ever heard of Toy Yoda?
https://me.mashable.com/culture/8976/woman-sues-company-after-she-won-a-toyota-that-turned-out-to-be-a-toy-yoda
they made her believe she is getting a car, Toyota, but it was actually a doll, Toy Yoda. But you got a doll! No dude. I was promised a free premium ship, not some useless 950k silver that I can win in 2 battles.

You were promised early access to a tier IV tech tree ship weeks before everyone else had to pay 800 tokens for it. You got that.

You were never promised you would get to skip a random bundle in the current patch. You are getting 950k credits that others aren’t.

What you think you “deserve” is simply a reflection of your own sense of entitlement, not anything you were “promised” by WG.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2

[ARGSY]
Members
23,418 posts
17,347 battles

Looking at these complaints from the Twitch Prime crowd makes me wonder: how many of them paid for Amazon Prime/Twitch Prime membership just to get the Dante in ultra-early release and are now flipping their gourds because they didn't stop to clarify what they were actually getting?

35 minutes ago, crazyrom said:

After all this time, after all these release events, it seems some people still don't understand that these early-release ships are semi-premium only. They're premium from the viewpoint of captain posting privileges, but that ends when the line goes into full release (and any captain that was moved to them will need to be retrained to the ship).

The clue is that the ship symbol inside the wreath is white, not golden.

This is not, and never has been, any kind of closely guarded secret. It's been the way they've done things since at least 2018 that I can recall.

At 6,000 battles plus, one would think you'd been around long enough to know this.

• Boring 1

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
710 posts
5,986 battles
48 minutes ago, OuijaApologist said:

5) charged you tokens for a ship you already have. 

Yea, tokens you would have had to spend to get it later. Instead you got the ship early, along with some silver when you offload the same tokens everybody else has to use to get her with no silver given. And at least you said have instead of the OP's continued use of the word own. You don't own anything virtual. It is licensed to you till the license expires or the servers go offline.

[USN]
Members
1,516 posts
20,450 battles
56 minutes ago, crazyrom said:

When 10.3 hits, and you suddenly find your current captain on ITL BBs no longer have their skills working without retraining, don’t come back here and complain

• Cool 3
  • Haha 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,418 posts
17,347 battles
6 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

When 10.3 hits, and you suddenly find your current captain on ITL BBs no longer have their skills working without retraining, don’t come back here and complain

Oh, but you know he will.

I do feel sort of sorry for the people who don't have at least one Italian premium ship hanging around to help with the retraining, even a Genoa, especially if they have a high-points captain in one of them when the ships go live. I'm hoping at some stage that WG decides the Duca D'Aosta or the Genova has been around long enough and is sufficiently amortized that they can make it a coal ship the way they did the Anshan, Marblehead and Blyska (among others).

Yeah, they all come with their own captain, but most people who actually want to play them are going to want something more than what we get. (I scrapped my Alighieri captain for ECXP; I have a specific captain that I wanted to put in this line and work them up, but the way this event is structured it looks like we get one ship a week if we finish all the directives. Not at all bad.)

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Boring 1