You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
crazyrom

What's up with Twitch drops?

54 comments in this topic

[FLTF1]
Members
288 posts
7,916 battles

So, Twitch changed drop system, and the game even warned about it in news in the launcher:
https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/twitch/stream-rewards-0101/

But now, there are no drops, there is no "Drops Enabled" message in Twitch channels, there is no progress bar as promised.
I am not so worried about the twitch containers with 100k silver, but I still would like to get the italian tokens drops.

Is is like this to everyone? Am I doing something wrong? Already re-linked my WG and Twitch and Amazon accounts just in case.

EDIT: It started working!

image.thumb.png.7aee903aee53d2a6cd2d21bdb1772d04.png

also if you  click there on the Drops, it shows the "campaign"
image.thumb.png.9880d81fc94fab34c10de99d42c4ac41.png

Edited by crazyrom

[CK5]
Members
1,526 posts
16,305 battles

I was wondering the same thing.  I watched several Twitch streams yesterday and saw no progress bars anywhere.  

[HEROS]
Members
2,086 posts
18,804 battles

same same.. watched two twitch streams yesterday  Feminanly's and VIP3R's and received no drops at all.  Both of them I watched well over an hour.

[INTEL]
Members
3,464 posts
19,185 battles

It's supposed to start today, not yesterday.  But nothing is showing up yet.

"On the first Thursday of the update, all three types of rewards become available and remain claimable for a full week, until they are refreshed the following Thursday."

Edited by ThisIsClassic

[FLTF1]
Members
288 posts
7,916 battles
2 minutes ago, ThisIsClassic said:

It's suppose to start today. not yesterday.  But nothing is showing up yet.

"On the first Thursday of the update, all three types of rewards become available and remain claimable for a full week, until they are refreshed the following Thursday."

I kinda know about today, so today the "Drops Enabled" went missing, which is a sign of change, but then where is the progress bar...

[WOLFD]
Members
3 posts
9,065 battles

If you click on your user profile on the top right corner you will see the progress meter about halfway down.

I had to unlink and relink my account to Warframe past weekend for it to work for theirs.  Not sure if it is the same for Warships though.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
538 posts
15,700 battles

If you are using ad blocker, you have to disable it now for it to "start progressing" for your free drop now.

They gonna force you to watch ads now. (at least the ad blocker I was using. When I disabled it, it started counting)

Edited by Gemlin

[INTEL]
Members
3,464 posts
19,185 battles
3 minutes ago, Dragon_Bourne said:

If you click on your user profile on the top right corner you will see the progress meter about halfway down.

I had to unlink and relink my account to Warframe past weekend for it to work for theirs.  Not sure if it is the same for Warships though.

It wasn't working for me 30 minutes ago because I checked this.  This post prompted me to look again and it's showing up now.

Drops.JPG

[FLTF1]
Members
288 posts
7,916 battles
16 minutes ago, Dragon_Bourne said:

it started working! (edited topic)

[FLTF1]
Members
288 posts
7,916 battles
9 minutes ago, Gemlin said:

If you are using ad blocker, you have to disable it now for it to "start progressing" for your free drop now.

They gonna force you to watch ads now. (at least the ad blocker I was using. When I disabled it, it started counting)

it started working. did not have to disable the AdblockPlus ^^

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts

14 minutes ago, SKurj said:

yet another carrot on a string...

yep, and the carrots aren't worth the hassle

• Cool 1

[FORM]
Members
2,236 posts
13,275 battles
29 minutes ago, Gemlin said:

Ah well, I'll do without it. 

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,592 posts
15,143 battles
1 hour ago, crazyrom said:

So, Twitch changed drop system, and the game even warned about it in news in the launcher:
https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/twitch/stream-rewards-0101/

But now, there are no drops, there is no "Drops Enabled" message in Twitch channels, there is no progress bar as promised.
I am not so worried about the twitch containers with 100k silver, but I still would like to get the italian tokens drops.

Is is like this to everyone? Am I doing something wrong? Already re-linked my WG and Twitch and Amazon accounts just in case.

EDIT: It started working!

image.thumb.png.7aee903aee53d2a6cd2d21bdb1772d04.png

also if you  click there on the Drops, it shows the "campaign"
image.thumb.png.9880d81fc94fab34c10de99d42c4ac41.png

33 minutes ago, SKurj said:

yet another carrot on a string...

17 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

yep, and the carrots aren't worth the hassle

Folks,

This campaign started today. Start watching streams today and you should get a little pop up like shown in the article. Also, this change is directly related to how Twitch changed their drop system. We didn't have a choice in this matter.

-Hapa

drops.JPG

drops2.JPG

• Cool 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,924 posts
9 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Folks,

This campaign started today. Start watching streams today and you should get a little pop up like shown in the article. Also, this change is directly related to how Twitch changed their drop system. We didn't have a choice in this matter.

-Hapa

ahh Hapa,

My comment was about the fact that WG is tossing a carrot on a stick to encourage people to watch streams...  its not new... all it does is pad streamers viewership, even though, likely the majority of those "viewers" aren't viewing, they have twitch muted, and are busy doing other things, and just peek in occasionally.

I won't even go that far...    but hey i am middle aged, maybe its all the rage with the current generation.

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,592 posts
15,143 battles
7 minutes ago, SKurj said:

ahh Hapa,

My comment was about the fact that WG is tossing a carrot on a stick to encourage people to watch streams...  its not new... all it does is pad streamers viewership, even though, likely the majority of those "viewers" aren't viewing, they have twitch muted, and are busy doing other things, and just peek in occasionally.

I won't even go that far...    but hey i am middle aged, maybe its all the rage with the current generation.

I mean, this is a Twitch initiative, the drops, if you look, they are available for almost every game streamed on Twitch and is a way to get people involved in viewership, so why shouldn't we give people something for watching streams since the option is there? The biggest thing now, Twitch requires viewers interaction to get the drops, so if someone sits muted they actually could waste their own progression time, because you have to accept the first drop to start progressing to the next.

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,924 posts

Just my opinion

I'd rather see twitch drops replaced with random ingame drops instead... incentivize playing the game instead...  (i know there are lots of stuff in game already yes)

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,340 posts
17,511 battles
1 hour ago, Dragon_Bourne said:

Thanks!

image.png.9b199a6c45eed1785ba5bfc2efbdbf45.png

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,340 posts
17,511 battles

The bar moves pretty fast as well.

Up to 86%

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
50 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

I mean, this is a Twitch initiative, the drops, ...

Yes, I realized that, Hapa ... said as much in the Announcement thread. 

I've always watched streamers because I enjoy their content ... personality or education.  And I'll continue to support them in that way. 

It's Twitch's hoops I won't jump through. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
934 posts
14,328 battles
1 hour ago, SKurj said:

I'd rather see twitch drops replaced with random ingame drops instead... incentivize playing the game instead...  (i know there are lots of stuff in game already yes)

Or you start the stream then go play the game with it muted in the background and get the drops. No real need to actually sit and watch it (personally find it boring).

[SNGNS]
Members
609 posts
6,996 battles
1 hour ago, SKurj said:

Just my opinion

... you mean like... random crates ... you can earn... through playing the game?...

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,924 posts
5 minutes ago, TobTorp said:

... you mean like... random crates ... you can earn... through playing the game?...

ontop of the current ones yes.

[SNGNS]
Members
609 posts
6,996 battles
Just now, SKurj said:

ontop of the current ones yes.

so the current one, you just want more of them... (my first message was a joke if it wasn't clear)