You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DevilD0g

Wargaming gouges its World of Warship players

47 comments in this topic

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
706 posts
10,027 battles

In this new 0.10.1 you have to pay 150 dubloons to reset  your captain skills.   This would have to be the biggest gouging  for cash ive seen in wow and considering its here to stay a total lack of consideration and contempt for its player base that has supported its development and now we see them just wanting more and more and more. Wargamming is not going broke anytime soon if  you look up their annual profit margin and there is no justification from changing it from how it worked before to 150 dubloons now just to change captain skills which is a software click for them and is a total rip off.

Edited by DevilD0g
  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 8

[WOLF1]
Members
907 posts
1,888 battles

You do know they did give a whole month or something- up to 2/17/2021 of free captain reset skills and a website link to reset all of your captains once

Also, it is a reduced price now- 150 gold instead of the usual 500 gold i takes to reset your captains

plus, you can also use captain Xperia to reset them

Edited by Boomer625
  • Cool 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1
  • Meh 3

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles
32 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

if  you look up their annual profit margin

I dont think the information is as accurate they seem...

Using it for your argument, I have to take it with a grain of salt... Not as the gospel.Nor truth.

Edited by Navalpride33

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
706 posts
10,027 battles

i would rather use my 200k in game credits and use exp than to pay out on dubloons.

[-Y-]
Members
843 posts
61 battles
12 minutes ago, Boomer625 said:

You do know they did give a whole month or something- up to 2/17/2021 of free captain reset skills and a website link to reset all of your captains once

I'm sure the OP does know this, still it is correct to say that charging for doublons for something so minor/trivial as a captain skill reset is extortiante and quickly prohibitive for free2play players, who rarely have doublons available. This practice of charging for the convenience of resetting/retraining discourages experimentation, reduces build diversity, and offers not insignificant gameplay advantage to those who can afford to pay to reset, at will (swapping builds for different gameplay styles and circumstances).

Of course the free month of skill resets was welcome, but hardly a generous act, in light of the skill "rework".

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

Members
2,069 posts
12,694 battles
53 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

In this new 0.10.1 you have to pay 150 dubloons to reset  your captain skills. 

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

image.png.a7a17a558389cecc071a1bef9e86fd02.png

• Thanks 5

[P-V-E]
Members
1,649 posts
28 minutes ago, Boomer625 said:

Also, it is a reduced price now- 150 gold instead of the usual 500 gold i takes to reset your captains

it costs 525 doubloons to reset one skill tree of a 21 point commander or 210,000 ECXP, so it is little different from pre-rework

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2

[-BCO-]
Members
1,831 posts
3,354 battles
37 minutes ago, Rouxi said:

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

image.png.a7a17a558389cecc071a1bef9e86fd02.png

In the age of 21 pointers? Umm.....yes it does.

Members
2,069 posts
12,694 battles
32 minutes ago, Bandi73 said:

In the age of 21 pointers? Umm.....yes it does.

So you can't uses cxp to reset a 21pt captain?

[KWF]
Members
5,771 posts
7,007 battles

I'm 100% sure that every time there's a skill change, free commander resets will be offered :Smile_trollface:.

The best thing one could do now is isolate 2-3 commanders to use and leave the rest resetted. I'm sure changes will be made and people will find themselves with crippled skills and the need to use doubloons.

Members
35 posts
146 battles
24 minutes ago, wooserloop said:

Hasn't it it always cost doubloons though? 

and as far as I remember it was always 25 doubloons/skill point

• Cool 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

so its either cheaper or the same cost (per sp)...  and they are now gouging?

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,352 posts
17,307 battles
2 hours ago, DevilD0g said:

i would rather use my 200k in game credits and use exp than to pay out on dubloons.

And you still can, only guess what? They don't even make you pay the 200K credits any more. 

• Boring 1

Members
2,069 posts
12,694 battles
2 minutes ago, SKurj said:

so its either cheaper or the same cost (per sp)...  and they are now gouging?

Basically yeah. These people are lying to make WG look bad for reasons that I can't understand. All the real things WG is doing wrong and instead they create false drama with B and S.

[TMS]
Members
3,790 posts
36,949 battles
34 minutes ago, wooserloop said:

Hasn't it it always cost doubloons though? 

No. You could use Elite Commander XP.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,352 posts
17,307 battles
11 minutes ago, Rouxi said:

reasons that I can't understand

In a camera forum I'm a member of, someone who was in the habit of spreading [edited] was allegedly found to have been taking money from another brand.

I'm not saying that's definitely happening here, but the amount of pure untruth that some people emit into this forum sometimes gives me cause to wonder.

• Thanks 2
  • Meh 1

[O_O]
Members
6,966 posts
16,968 battles

This forum is full of complaint after complaint, whine after whine.  Much of it is warranted.  But, a lot is complaining for the sake of being a sniveling snot.

This complaint is not of the warranted type.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

Members
680 posts
220 battles
4 hours ago, DevilD0g said:

In this new 0.10.1 you have to pay 150 dubloons to reset  your captain skills.   This would have to be the biggest gouging  for cash ive seen in wow and considering its here to stay a total lack of consideration and contempt for its player base that has supported its development and now we see them just wanting more and more and more. Wargamming is not going broke anytime soon if  you look up their annual profit margin and there is no justification from changing it from how it worked before to 150 dubloons now just to change captain skills which is a software click for them and is a total rip off.

WOW is World of Warcraft.

WOWS is World of Warships

• Meh 1

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts

According to the Commanders Skill Update (0.10.0) announcement @ Commander Skills Update | World of Warships :

"The skill section for each ship type is redistributed separately from the others. The cost of redistributing skills remains the same."

Which I believe means that it costs the same to respec a Commander as it did before update 0.10.0 and I can't find anything that specifies changes to respec costs in 0.10.1 which, if accurate, begs the question, "where's the beef?".

Were you under the impression that these costs would be reduced in 0.10.1 ? If so what was the source? 

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,221 posts
22,804 battles
2 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

I'm 100% sure that every time there's a skill change, free commander resets will be offered :Smile_trollface:.

The best thing one could do now is isolate 2-3 commanders to use and leave the rest resetted. I'm sure changes will be made and people will find themselves with crippled skills and the need to use doubloons.

I used the magic reset button but my plan is to stay away until WG publishes changes/updates to the skills system. If they are positive changes (IMHO) I'll then start spec'ing a few captains. More if the skills look much better.

I need to see how their first tweak looks to decide if it is worth coming back to...

Members
1,911 posts
27,754 battles

I have not spent a dime on this game in just over 4 years. If I want a commander respec'd and it costs money, he doesn't get respec'd. Surely this isn't a difficult concept to grasp. The OP needs to decide whether to pay or not, then settle on that decision.

[WOLFG]
Members
32,288 posts
9,988 battles
4 hours ago, DevilD0g said:

Wargamming is not going broke anytime soon if  you look up their annual profit margin...

Can you provide a link to that info, or at least tell us what numbers you found?

Plus, you're mistaken. I think you meant to say changing tech tree ships instead of resetting skills.

Edited by Skpstr

[CUDA]
Members
286 posts
8,014 battles

So they complain when things change and they complain when things go back to normal.