You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

WG +1 on ranked!

49 comments in this topic

[SGSS]
Members
5,758 posts

The biggest frustration with rank is win lose win lose,  then you just quit.

This time you get steel for wins.

Good work!

• Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
908 posts
4 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Hmm, no cv so you actually have to try in order to damage ships?

Nope , plenty of coward barges in this ranked season , if it was just tier nine the easy save-a-star crap wouldn't be happening .

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 4

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
5 minutes ago, retic1959 said:

Nope , plenty of coward barges in this ranked season , if it was just tier nine the easy save-a-star crap wouldn't be happening .

Easy. Get in a yugmo or other long range torp dd and cap for the win/ torp the campers from 15+ kms

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles

So far I played a few games in Ranked... Just to see if anything changed... IMO

Not really...

Its the mode for the Masochist among us... The ones who like slow agony of the grind... The ones who after its over, thirst for more of the same treatment... 

All the recent changes were more on the functionality and the look of the progression (as if to put a "new presentation" to the same ol in game experience).

I've said it once and i'll said it again... It takes a unique individual to "Rank out." The statement still hold true even today... 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
2,028 posts
14,013 battles
3 hours ago, retic1959 said:

Yep, plenty of DDs hiding in stealth or smoke spamming HE and vomitting torpedoes out.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

Members
0 posts
5 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

Why are people saying no CV? My second match had a CV in it. T8 ships are in Bronze, which include CVs. Silver is T9 and T10, so yeah, CVs there too. Gold is T10... CVs there in all 3 leagues.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,164 posts
4,307 battles

I'm rather enjoying the progress rewards being tied to number of wins as opposed to ranks. (Other than the rewards for ranking out, obviously).

• Cool 4

[WOLF6]
Members
908 posts
51 minutes ago, JaeYuu80sevens said:

Why are people saying no CV? My second match had a CV in it. T8 ships are in Bronze, which include CVs. Silver is T9 and T10, so yeah, CVs there too. Gold is T10... CVs there in all 3 leagues.

That's what I meant when I said there were plenty of coward barges . They are nearly always able to save their star .

• Boring 1

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,818 posts
2,663 battles
3 hours ago, Zaydin said:

Yep, plenty of DDs hiding in stealth or smoke spamming HE and vomitting torpedoes out.

Translation: "I dont know how to aim into smoke or use my rudder."

• Haha 1

[CDOH]
Members
783 posts
8,236 battles
6 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

So far I played a few games in Ranked... Just to see if anything changed... IMO

Not really...

Its the mode for the Masochist among us... The ones who like slow agony of the grind... The ones who after its over, thirst for more of the same treatment... 

All the recent changes were more on the functionality and the look of the progression (as if to put a "new presentation" to the same ol in game experience).

I've said it once and i'll said it again... It takes a unique individual to "Rank out." The statement still hold true even today... 

I would argue that Randoms is for Masochists.    Ranked  without a CV present gives you a chance to carry.  Deadeye and HE spam are not nearly is lethal.   You can actually use other builds that would otherwise never work in randoms.

Edited by Rothgar_57

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles
5 hours ago, Rothgar_57 said:

I would argue that Randoms is for Masochists.

This made me laugh, not in the insulting way... It was more reflective on perspective... You're maybe right... Its all how one perceives the in-game play as Masochists.

In that regard.. I have nothing to counter or to make you think as well..

Check mate...

Only to point out... Rank is goal oriented (ranking out) while random has less emphasis  on goals other then CM.

Some people react to serious in a Rank match... Its down right hilarious at times.

Only for this point, I think Rank takes it... But I can see how clicking BATTLE for 19,200 times, can entitle them to the Masochists ranks...

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[SGSS]
Members
5,758 posts
7 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

Have you even played rank yet? If you had you would realize how wrong you are.  Actually I did quite well in Lex and Graff.

More importantly WG did something good.  Why cant you just be happy for that?

Why does everything in this forum have to come down to, you suck because I am perfect, WG sucks all the time.

WG did a good thing.  If ots so hard for you to say thanks then you need help.

Don't bother replying because it will be nonsensical.

Edited by jags_domain

[CDOH]
Members
783 posts
8,236 battles
16 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

This made me laugh, not in the insulting way... It was more reflective on perspective... You maybe right... Its all how one perceives the in-game play as Masochists.

In that regard.. I have nothing to counter or to make you think as well..

Check mate...

Only to point out... Rank is goal oriented (ranking out) while random has less emphasis  on goals other then CM.

Some people react to serious in a Rank match... Its down right hilarious at times.

Only for this point, I think Rank takes it... But I can see how clicking BATTLE for 19,200 times, can entitle them to the Masochists ranks...

I agree it can get toxic when the try hards rage.   I don't go into ranked with that mindset.  I simply enjoy 7 VS 7 Format . 

Edited by Rothgar_57

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
51 minutes ago, JaeYuu80sevens said:

That’s funny. I guess i only saw one in my 3-5 ish games yesterday and must have blocked it out. and so in my mind it was only tier 9 ranked since that’s what i’m grinding

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
18 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Have you even played rank yet? If you had you would realize how wrong you are.  Actually I did quite well in Lex and Graff.

More importantly WG did something good.  Why cant you just be happy for that?

Why does everything in this forum have to come down to, you suck because I am perfect, WG sucks all the time.

WG did a good thing.  If ots so hard for you to say thanks then you need help.

Don't bother replying because it will be nonsensical.

Actually not sure what you mean since steel has been a reward for ranked for several seasons now...

and i have played this season, my principal complaint is tat rewards have been greatly nerfed vis a vis the previous history of ranked modes over the last 5 years!

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,728 posts
21,814 battles
4 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Actually not sure what you mean since steel has been a reward for ranked for several seasons now...

He means the steel is awarded for cumulative wins, not for achieving certain ranks. So you can yo-yo forever and never go above Rank 9, but still get most of the steel reward.

• Thanks 1

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
17 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

He means the steel is awarded for cumulative wins, not for achieving certain ranks. So you can yo-yo forever and never go above Rank 9, but still get most of the steel reward.

Ah i see. Thanks for the clarification! Personally that never bothered me but i can see it is a nice change.

• Cool 1

[CAAT]
Members
1,030 posts
4,625 battles
1 hour ago, Rothgar_57 said:

I would argue that Randoms is for Masochists.    Ranked  without a CV present gives you a chance to carry.  Deadeye and HE spam are not nearly is lethal.   You can actually use other builds that would otherwise never work in randoms.

No, no, going into Randoms trying to make secondaries work is for Masochists! I-I guess I qualify then....ahahaha!!

Junko_Enoshima_Despair.png.37127af4ccc55e14e64a6fc1081e3214.png

Members
865 posts

I've been seeing a lot more AFK players this sprint. Not sure if this is because of a technical issues relating to the recent update, because storms affecting the US, as a strategy for ranked, or just bad luck.

[SGSS]
Members
5,758 posts
1 hour ago, monpetitloup said:

and i have played this season, my principal complaint is tat rewards have been greatly nerfed vis a vis the previous history of ranked modes over the last 5 years!

I have never played rank much.  Its maddening to go up and down.

At least now there are rewards for win that dont go away on a loss.

Some steal is better than none.  I need just 20k lol

Members
7,360 posts
17,403 battles
11 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

Easy. Get in a yugmo or other long range torp dd and cap for the win/ torp the campers from 15+ kms

How do you get your yugumo torps to go 15 km? Asking for a friend. 

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
1,892 posts
5,832 battles
3 hours ago, Edgecase said:

Ahhh Edgecase. Ever the voice of reason. +1

[YORHA]
Members
5,277 posts
10,497 battles
11 hours ago, retic1959 said:

You realize they nerfed CVs XP earning potential to the point where it is practically impossible for a CV to" save a star" right?  Unless the rest of your team is so terrible that they hide their stats that is.

Or didn't Flamu/Flambass mention that?

Edited by JCC45
  • Funny 1

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
52 minutes ago, DuckyShot said:

How do you get your yugumo torps to go 15 km? Asking for a friend. 

Click on equipment 

• Boring 1