Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
handybilly

P E Friedrich

9 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
688 posts
10,917 battles

Trying to play some ships that I have mostly ignored. This one was bashed a lot when it was given out as a freebie but it seems to have a steady positive win rate. And great AA. Question is how to play her and what skills work for her. She seems kind of tanky when played right but I dunno. Any advice?

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,607 posts

I would use her for operations. She is my next purchase for that purpose.

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,283 posts

Good tanking ship and great for operations . Secondary Capt. Definatley something to think about . Mine is set aside for ops.  Full sec. Spec. 19 point Capt. on her.

[GT3]
Members
178 posts
7,440 battles

P.E. benefited a lot from the rework, secondaries build to 8.5k now and it has loads of em.

hilarious in scenarios.

Members
1,507 posts
18,016 battles

In random games it can hold it's own but in operations it's a beast earning tons of credits, FXP and CXP.

[NUWES]
Members
3,385 posts
12,317 battles

I mostly use her for operations as well but I really do like her. She does not have standard German tankiness though so watch out for that. She isn't fragile by any means but she's no Bayern s don't get into a close slugging match with her. Her high speed on T6 is absolutely spectacular and she is one of the big winners when it comes to secondaries after the rework. Her main battery is very underwhelming. Shells are small, penetration is poor, and dispersion is all sorts of bad and if you are using upgrades to buff secondaries it only gets worse. 

Honestly, PEF was always underestimated. If you come in thinking of playing her like a tanking German BB you'll be disappointed. She's more of a fast flanker. Remember that she is a BC not a BB and you'll be fine. 

Members
427 posts
7,010 battles

I got it for Ops, and with the rework she seems to have become a real terror with the longer ranged secondary.  Nice bonus since I enjoy playing her in Operations.

[WORX]
Members
12,667 posts
19,915 battles
10 hours ago, handybilly said:

Trying to play some ships that I have mostly ignored. This one was bashed a lot when it was given out as a freebie but it seems to have a steady positive win rate. And great AA. Question is how to play her and what skills work for her. She seems kind of tanky when played right but I dunno. Any advice?

She is more defensive then offensive... She is surprisingly, Tanky...

Some use secondary build on her.. I rather recommend survivability.

This is not a long range attacker... The "pork Fried  Rice" is more mid range cruiser eraser...

• In her tier, she can go toe to toe with BBs and cruisers...
  • In +2 situations... BBs... Not so much...

I would try to position myself within the 5km to 10km  range from a cap... If you can take a cap, then do so... The premise here is force the red ships to come to you... Your guns are more effective when ships, head towards you then kiting away from you.

That is the basic advice I can give...

GL

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this