You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Argus

OMG Georgia Is So OP In Ranked It's Ridiculous! Can't Believe I Almost Passed On Buying Her

20 comments in this topic

[SOBA6]
Members
281 posts

I only grabbed her near the end before it was removed but I struggled with the right build. I think I found it now and it does NOT include Deadeye because she doesn't need it. However it DOES include Super Heavy AP because OMG this thing hits you like a freaking truck on steroids. Why not just add more pain to your shells lol. 
This game was First Blood, Double Strike, Close Quarters, High Caliber and Flesh Wound. I was so freaking close to the Kraken but I made a mistake at the end and I wasn't paying attention to the map and I didn't see the Jean Bart behind the island and he came at me while I was focused on another ship and rammed me. It allowed them to get ahead and win which I blame myself for being too focused on the other ship. Sometimes I'm guilty of having tunnel vision, I need to work on that to be a better captain. 

Seriously though, it's an amazing ship. I thought it would be gimped by having just the 6 guns but she's so fast that you can hit and run behind an island. Then slip out and hit and turn so fast they get nothing but tail to shoot at lol. Most fun I've had in a while but now I need to decide if I'm going to stay in Bronze and farm a bit of steel or move up to silver and farm that one. I don't think I want to go to Gold League again this time. Too much trouble for the small bit of extra reward and too toxic/elitist of a player base.

I honestly almost passed on getting her but my wife is a southern Georgia girl born and raised. I felt I needed to buy it just because when I see the word Georgia it reminds me of her every time. I'm so glad I did!! I don't know if they will ever bring her back to the armory but more than likely it'll be in the rigged Santa crates next year. 

Georgia.jpg

Georgia2.jpg

Edited by Lord_Argus
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 1

[WPORT]
Members
8,130 posts
13,173 battles

Congrats on getting the Georgia.
I welcomed her to my port, for similar reasons (Wife has Georgia connections).
Glad I did.  Fastest BB in the game.  :-)

• Cool 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,533 posts

I have the GA also and depend on her in Ranked to get to where she needs to be at almost 40 knots. None of that recent 23 knot fat farm [edited].

[RLGN]
Members
15,661 posts
27,384 battles

@Lord_Argus and @Wolfswetpaws, the two of you are likely enjoying the ship because you have good positioning sense.

My perception is that I don’t, so Georgia’s speed is meaningless to me; what good is it if you’re never in the right place to do anything?

It got five games in Randoms after a year or more owning it;

40% wr, 168,506 total damage, 3 ships total sunk,1,300 average xp, 33,700 average damage, 1,995 max xp, 70,348 max damage.

I highly doubt it will ever get played in Randoms again.

Yet another in a long list of highly praised ships I’m basically worthless at using effectively.

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
2,028 posts
14,024 battles
1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Congrats on getting the Georgia.
I welcomed her to my port, for similar reasons (Wife has Georgia connections).
Glad I did.  Fastest BB in the game.  :-)

Fastest with Engine Boost active. Pretty sure she's tied with Iowa/Missouri for fastest base top speed at 33 knots.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,865 posts
25,782 battles
1 hour ago, Zaydin said:

Fastest with Engine Boost active. Pretty sure she's tied with Iowa/Missouri for fastest base top speed at 33 knots.

Correct.  Fastest BBs in the game without Boost are Iowa-class and Georgia.  With boost, the FR get up there but Georgia will still be faster.

spaceballs-light-speed-ridiculous-speed-

Some DDs can get run down by a Georgia.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,533 posts

And some french BB's get stuck poking your GA Fantail. Until you kick in the Overdrive. Georgia Overdrive that is.

I had a human in a Alasce a couple weeks ago incur a series of never ending TK damage pinks ramming into my Fantail because I was half a knot too slow without boost and he could not be bothered to steer around me. So I just let the pinks pile up against him while waiting for the boost clock to show ready.

Edited by xHeavy
  • Boring 1

[NOVUM]
Members
119 posts
5,506 battles
3 hours ago, Lord_Argus said:

I only grabbed her near the end before it was removed but I struggled with the right build. I think I found it now and it does NOT include Deadeye because she doesn't need it. However it DOES include Super Heavy AP because OMG this thing hits you like a freaking truck on steroids. Why not just add more pain to your shells lol. 

Cool. So what skill and upgrades did you go with?

[CDOH]
Members
784 posts
8,252 battles

Awesome ship.  Probably my favoriteship in the game for the reasons you stated.   She does not feel to impacted by the Rebork.  The main guns, speed and quick heals are just really good.  I like to run the Speed boost upgrade module.  The extra speed boost time really lets you get to some stupid positions early on.   

Edited by Rothgar_57

[NWA]
Members
18 posts
7,646 battles

Yes, would you mind sharing your build?

Edited by Caracal13

[SOBA6]
Members
281 posts
27 minutes ago, BitCrushed said:

I'm using a 20 point captain at the moment in her:
Gun feeder, Priority target, Super Heavy AP, Long Ranged Secondary battery shells, Adrenaline rush, Emergency repair expert and Concealment expert. The Long Ranged secondary battery shells are a personal preference so if you don't have a 20 or 21 point captain yet, you could hold off on that one or use those points somewhere else. I like Incoming Fire Alert and Priority Target as well but for ranked there are only 7 enemy ships so it's easier to keep track of who could possibly be firing on me so I don't use them here. If I were to use this ship in Randoms, I would probably grab Incoming Fire Alert for my last point of a 21 point captain. 

Skills I'm using:
Aux Arm Mod 1, Damage Control mod 1, Secondary Battery Mod 1, Damage Control System 2, Concealment System and finally Artillery Plotting Room 2
I could use Artillery Plotting Mod 1 in the 3rd slot for the extra 16% gun range but I found that the extra 3.2km was more than I really needed as at that Distance you really aren't smacking stuff too hard anyway. You might get the occasional lucky citadel but most people are smart and will dodge, slow down or speed up if you fire at them across the map. If I went that route then I'd possibly think about adding in Deadeye to my build for the better dispersion but that would change the way I play. 
I prefer the extra distance on my secondaries because even though they aren't as powerful as they once were, they set stuff on fire and they do tend to deter a lot of DD's that don't have a lot of health to begin with. 

• Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[CDOH]
Members
784 posts
8,252 battles
27 minutes ago, Caracal13 said:

Yes, would you mind sharing your build? I picked her up last night.

I went John Doe captain . Pick your favorite tier 1 skill.  Tier 2 i take grease the gears cause john doe buff.  adrenaline rush  and long range secondariess Tier 3, Concealment tier 4, Deadeye and emergency repair expert.    This would be a decent Randoms Build.  For ranked you probably don't need the extra heal and deadeye might be less desirable as well.   You could go fire prevention or pick up a secondary buff or close quarters expert.  

Edited by Rothgar_57

[SGSS]
Members
5,763 posts
4 hours ago, Lord_Argus said:

This game was First Blood, Double Strike, Close Quarters, High Caliber and Flesh Wound. I was so freaking close to the Kraken but I made a mistake at the end and I wasn't paying attention to the map and I didn't see the Jean Bart behind the island and he came at me while I was focused on another ship and rammed me. It allowed them to get ahead and win which I blame myself for being too focused on the other ship. Sometimes I'm guilty of having tunnel vision, I need to work on that to be a better captain. 

Seriously though, it's an amazing ship. I thought it would be gimped by having just the 6 guns but she's so fast that you can hit and run behind an island. Then slip out and hit and turn so fast they get nothing but tail to shoot at lol. Most fun I've had in a while but now I need to decide if I'm going to stay in Bronze and farm a bit of steel or move up to silver and farm that one. I don't think I want to go to Gold League again this time. Too much trouble for the small bit of extra reward and too toxic/elitist of a player base.

I honestly almost passed on getting her but my wife is a southern Georgia girl born and raised. I felt I needed to buy it just because when I see the word Georgia it reminds me of her every time. I'm so glad I did!! I don't know if they will ever bring her back to the armory but more than likely it'll be in the rigged Santa crates next year. 

Georgia.jpg

Georgia2.jpg

Its not OP but it is great.

I build full sec, no cqc.

I held off a Mush and Minnesota.  200 sec hit 3 fires and several main battery hits later we won.

The Minnesota turned broadside to our Alaska and she went boom.

[_PEWP]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,399 posts
13,248 battles

I started ranked in my Mushy but after going 0-6 I switched to JB and the next 4 games were wins with a total of 16 kills and 2200+ base XP until they shut ranked down for the night.

[WKY04]
Members
3,880 posts
24,894 battles

Im always curious about folks who want to play OP ships. 

My OP ships pretty much sit in port until creep or a rework catches up. 

[WPORT]
Members
8,130 posts
13,173 battles
20 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

@Lord_Argus and @Wolfswetpaws, the two of you are likely enjoying the ship because you have good positioning sense.

My perception is that I don’t, so Georgia’s speed is meaningless to me; what good is it if you’re never in the right place to do anything?

It got five games in Randoms after a year or more owning it;

40% wr, 168,506 total damage, 3 ships total sunk,1,300 average xp, 33,700 average damage, 1,995 max xp, 70,348 max damage.

I highly doubt it will ever get played in Randoms again.

Yet another in a long list of highly praised ships I’m basically worthless at using effectively.

On the one hand, thanks for the compliment on my "positioning sense".
On the other hand, I'm not even sure that I'm worthy of the compliment.  But I'll strive to be, all the same.  :Smile_honoring:

I do have fun with the Georgia.  Before the skills re-bork, it was the only high-tier ship that I felt comfortable sailing with a 3-point Captain.
I've since sailed the Georgia enough for the Captain to have earned a few more skill points.

Good luck with yours, @Estimated_Prophet.  :cap_like:

[WPORT]
Members
8,130 posts
13,173 battles
20 hours ago, Zaydin said:

Yep, with engine boost activated.  
As you pointed out, she's no slouch without it, either.  :cap_viking:

[WPORT]
Members
8,130 posts
13,173 battles
19 hours ago, BitCrushed said:

18 hours ago, Caracal13 said:

Yes, would you mind sharing your build?

Here's mine. 
I reset the Captain's skills a couple of nights ago.  Haven't re-trained him, yet.
image_2021-02-18_190737.thumb.png.97daca823631f7e0261756d569a11735.png

[DDMAF]
Members
8 posts
16,563 battles
On 2/18/2021 at 5:08 AM, Fodder4U said:

I started ranked in my Mushy but after going 0-6 I switched to JB and the next 4 games were wins with a total of 16 kills and 2200+ base XP until they shut ranked down for the night.

"Yep the JB in ranked is the way to go" If there is a Mushy my eyes get wide because it is BBQ time on it" I will seek the Mushy because I can hit it from distance and burn it down.