You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CV_Jeebies

Forced to buy a ship I own?

43 comments in this topic

[CYNIC]
Members
2,929 posts
7,836 battles

WG, your practices are getting out of hand -- those of us with prime already have the T4 Dante yet we're being forced to buy it again in order to utilize our tokens effectively?  This is almost as bad as getting credits for our T6 premium we already owned earlier this month.

image.png.fde2dbd07cd780212a92ece84abc5981.png

• Cool 8
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 2

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,561 posts

Examine customer support for ship reclaiming. If you owned a ship you sold or disposed of in your account's history you are entitled to reclaim that ship ONE PER MONTH for a fixed amoutn of credits (Usually to maybe 16 to 20 million credit fee, you will be told how much it will cost with fee 10% and you will be notified if you dont possess enough to finish the ticket.)

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,938 posts
14,888 battles

Yeah, it is irritating and I think the Prime thing happened after the early access was set up to go.

• Cool 1

Members
1 post
180 battles

It is like rewrapping a Christmas gift and giving it back to the person you got it from.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[WD19]
Members
1 post
6,435 battles

It is like rewrapping a Christmas gift and giving it back to the person you got it from.

It is the Wargaming way maybe that is how it is done in Russia.

Supertester
4,178 posts
4,643 battles
33 minutes ago, Vixxy said:

More like opening a present and getting credits, which is what you get.

• Cool 1

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,112 posts
11,849 battles
9 minutes ago, Noshiro_ said:

More like opening a present and getting credits, which is what you get.

And a free captain and free port slot

• Cool 1

[K-POP]
Members
3,071 posts
24,607 battles
2 hours ago, CV_Jeebies said:

WG, your practices are getting out of hand -- those of us with prime already have the T4 Dante yet we're being forced to buy it again in order to utilize our tokens effectively?  This is almost as bad as getting credits for our T6 premium we already owned earlier this month.

WG

Image result for this is the way gif

• Cool 1

Members
231 posts
7,507 battles

You got free credits for it if you already have it, almost a million i think is what i got, so atleast they give you something for it. 

[WOLFG]
Members
1,070 posts
4 minutes ago, Lowmein said:

You got free credits for it if you already have it, almost a million i think is what i got, so atleast they give you something for it. 

A million free credits....LOL.

Members
2,070 posts
12,694 battles

Give a wows player something for free and they will call you greedy for not giving them more stuff for free.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

[CYNIC]
Members
2,929 posts
7,836 battles
6 minutes ago, Rouxi said:

Give a wows player something for free and they will call you greedy for not giving them more stuff for free.

There's nothing free in this game.   Having prime isn't free, earning tokens of value to use them for anything isn't free.  Trading your time for something doesn't make it free, it makes it earned.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

Members
2,070 posts
12,694 battles
53 minutes ago, CV_Jeebies said:

There's nothing free in this game.   Having prime isn't free, earning tokens of value to use them for anything isn't free.  Trading your time for something doesn't make it free, it makes it earned.

So you're one of those people that only plays because you're "paid" with loot then.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[O_O]
Members
6,975 posts
17,001 battles
1 hour ago, CV_Jeebies said:

I have been an Amazon Prime member for a while.  Eventually, WoWS partnered with Twitch, and I found out since I was an Amazon Prime member, I could also sign up for Twitch Prime.  It was a free bonus for my Amazon Prime membership.

Would you have played World of Warships if they didn't have missions and currencies that you could get rewards with?  If so, you admit you would be playing, anyway.  So those mission rewards ARE free.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Boring 1

[CYNIC]
Members
2,929 posts
7,836 battles
29 minutes ago, Rouxi said:

So you're one of those people that only plays because you're "paid" with loot then.

huh?  You play because of the meager rewards and consider it pay?  Interesting.  I was simply pointing out nothing is free, especially in the game.

[CYNIC]
Members
2,929 posts
7,836 battles
8 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Would you have played World of Warships if they didn't have missions and currencies that you could get rewards with?  If so, you admit you would be playing, anyway.  So those mission rewards ARE free.

I'd probably play it half as much if it weren't for the meager compensation doled out to attempt to keep server numbers up.  I typically stick to competitive events where payout is substantially higher.  Playing randoms just cuz is just too much work.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,271 posts
12,235 battles

Trading your time for something doesn't make it free, it makes it earned.

What a crock it's a free game nobody makes you play it . 

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 3
  • Haha 1

Members
2,070 posts
12,694 battles
41 minutes ago, CV_Jeebies said:

huh?  You play because of the meager rewards and consider it pay?  Interesting.  I was simply pointing out nothing is free, especially in the game.

So that's why you're here on the forum, you're asking for a pay raise. You feel that you're entitled to more compensation to play this game.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,495 posts
22,925 battles
4 hours ago, xHeavy said:

Examine customer support for ship reclaiming. If you owned a ship you sold or disposed of in your account's history you are entitled to reclaim that ship ONE PER MONTH for a fixed amoutn of credits (Usually to maybe 16 to 20 million credit fee, you will be told how much it will cost with fee 10% and you will be notified if you dont possess enough to finish the ticket.)

You misunderstood the OP.

1st, if you already had Anshan and earned it again via dockyard event, you received 5.5 million credits.

2ns, if you had Prime gaming,  you already had the T4 Italian battleship.

Yet, to get to the t5, you still HAD TO BUY T4 BUNDLE FIRST...

No compensation and no refund of tokens....

• Cool 2

Members
2,070 posts
12,694 battles
43 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

You misunderstood the OP.

1st, if you already had Anshan and earned it again via dockyard event, you received 5.5 million credits.

2ns, if you had Prime gaming,  you already had the T4 Italian battleship.

Yet, to get to the t5, you still HAD TO BUY T4 BUNDLE FIRST...

No compensation and no refund of tokens....

Getting the ship from prime was just early access nothing more. It's not meant to allow you to get further in the event than non prime players.

• Cool 2

[T_O_P]
Members
551 posts
29 minutes ago, Rouxi said:

Getting the ship from prime was just early access nothing more. It's not meant to allow you to get further in the event than non prime players.

no, "getting further in the game" is not the point. They are talking about refund for a ship that you already have (through one way or another). Lets say I already had Makarov (from elsewhere), and a container with Makarov dropped, you would get a compensation in doubloons. OR if I already have, idk... Alaska, and than bought the Admiral bundle because I wanted the flag for it (hypothetically). I would get all the "fluff" such as paints and the napkins :Smile_veryhappy: the flag, but I would also receive doubloons back for already having the ship itself.

In this case we already had the ship (regardless of how we obtained it), yet there wasn't any "refund" for the ship. It does suck. someone mentioned rewrapping the gift. Well IMO a better analogy is...

You get the gift, open it and use it, than take it to the store who rewraps it for you, so you again take it home to unwrap the same gift a second time.

Edit: Same with the temporary new year campaigns we just had. I had some ships that were awarded as rewards, and got the compensation for them.

Edited by Hammer_n_Sickle
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
525 posts
3,020 battles
8 hours ago, CV_Jeebies said:

Trading your time for something doesn't make it free, it makes it earned.

But your gaming time has zero value. It's like trading farts for unicorns.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,432 posts
17,387 battles
5 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

No compensation

IIRC you got nearly a million credits.

Members
629 posts
12,602 battles

You're not buying a ship you own, you're buying a bundle you do not own. The ship is merely part of the bundle.

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts

Based on my reading of the offer, the ship wasn't the "gift", EARLY ACCESS to the ship was the "gift". 

..and anybody that believes that playing a video game for fun is work, doesn't understand what work really is.

• Cool 1