Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kmaprime

Proposal: MvP reward system

4 comments in this topic

[FRR]
Members
16 posts
3,410 battles

First of all, I’m not an active user at this forums but I played WoWS for quite some time. Nonetheless, I will try to explain to you my point of view to the current situation and an idea to improve the game.

Background

During these years that I played, I realize that most of my friends and I (also quite a few streamers) is that after a losing streak, one ends up stopping playing the game at all (at least for that day) in order not to get burned out or frustrated by its poor performance in terms of victories and win ratio that affects one's account profile. This is in addition to the fact that WoWS does not reward players having an good/great performance, despite the fact that team ends up losing. Therefore, the gratification is minimal and generates a greater negative return for the player, that leads to leaving the game session.

Considering the previous, I have a suggestion in order to improve the following:

• Incentivize a greater number of games played per session per player
  • Encourage team playing.
  • Reward the good player performance

Proposal

The idea is simple. At the end of any random battle, players from the other team (winning team) have the option to vote one of the top 3 xp players of the enemy (losing) team as MVP. The player voted gets a win battle instead of a loss. Also, the players who took the time to vote (literally 1 click) that didn't skip or exit battle, get a small amount of extra xp/free xp based on his performance.

The main idea on this approach is to reward players who try to give their best and also, not necessary, farm damage because they still have to compete against other two top players on their losing team.

Also, it brings feedback, participation and envolvement from the other team, and also an opotunity for punishing or rewarding top players and also sportsmanship (e.g. If the top losing players trash talked during the match, probably the enemy team won't vote his, because of his attitude).

Even more, the idea of knowing that -if you do your best- you have a chance, even if your “matchmaking RNG” doesn’t favors your and you ended up in a "subpar" team, you can still get away with a victory. Of course this idea can be explored and perfected, but here is some sort of guideline.

Thank you for your time on reading this

Edit: would love to see written feedback instead of "Great" "Meh" "Cool" ;)

Edited by Kmaprime
  • Meh 2

Members
1,178 posts
1,681 battles
25 minutes ago, Kmaprime said:

to vote one of the top 3 xp players of the enemy (losing) team as MVP.

Being top 3 doesn't always mean they are a good player. They might have been the ones that threw their ship away & caused the loss, but did enough damage to make themselves LOOK good.

[FRR]
Members
16 posts
3,410 battles
39 minutes ago, black_hull4 said:

Being top 3 doesn't always mean they are a good player. They might have been the ones that threw their ship away & caused the loss, but did enough damage to make themselves LOOK good.

I agree. The idea of establishing a top 3 is to limit voting, so that it is not tedious and to simplify it. In general, I would dare to say in +90% of cases, the player who contributes most to the team is within the top 3 xp earners. 

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,158 posts
11,285 battles
3 hours ago, black_hull4 said:

Allow me to tell a story from a ranked battle that happened to me tonight. It is a story of two Georgias. One Georgia was built to push and be aggressive, using its speed and awesome secondary guns in addition to its fearsome main battery. The other was running Dead Eye and staying at long range as much as possible. One of these BBs nearly won the game for us, being the last ship to die with only one barely alive enemy remaining. The other saved his star by farming a huge amount of damage and telling the rest of us how awful we were before getting killed, all while not being close enough to support dying teammates on his flank. Should the guy who saved his star be the MVP? Hell no, because Georgia is not meant to be played long range, and just because someone is in a Typhoon clan and can damage farm does not make them a good player. The fact said player would even be in sniffing distance of an MVP award is infuriating to even think about. 

Sign in to follow this