You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
xxjigsxx

Need advice about Credits please

32 comments in this topic

[DUDS]
Members
14 posts
1,218 battles

Hi

I keep running into the same problem...Credits. I grind through the XP to research ships but I never have near enough credits to purchase them.

I have just completed grinding research for the Edinburgh but as you see below I need another 5.5 million credits just to buy it.....never-mind modules and upgrades.

I really cannot afford to buy credits, consumables, doubloons, ships etc...

Is there a strategy to build up credits with particular ships etc? I have mostly Tier V ships and I make on average of about 100 000 credits per game (a guesstimate).

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Thank you

xxjigsxx

PS. Attached pic below

1.thumb.png.98b6d02d36c0b98eb9b5ec230cad372b.png

[NOVUM]
Members
120 posts
5,537 battles

Save up for premium coal or FreeXP ships - they earn more credits. I recommend getting a T9 as they'll net a lot of credits.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,801 posts
6,026 battles
6 minutes ago, BitCrushed said:

Save up for premium coal or FreeXP ships - they earn more credits. I recommend getting a T9 as they'll net a lot of credits.

As stated above, getting one of the coal Tier IX ships is the most cost effective way of making credits.  If you are willing to spend a little real money on the game, buy premium time for your best bang for your buck.  Combining those two will allow you to make several hundred thousand to a million or so credits in a match, depending on your performance and flags/camo.

[VOP]
Members
963 posts

When you get your crates for the day, pick the credit crates if you want credits.

Personally, I always get resource crates to save up for coal ships.

I think some of the daily missions give credits.

Members
1,543 posts

This is the business model of most FTP games. play for free until you get into upper tier games.

My advise is play the lower tier ships the most and then when you have enough credits to buy the ship you researched buy it but don't play it till you have all the modules bought.

By then you should have saved enough coal to buy a coal ship with the perm camo.

The coal ships are credit machines.

[VORTX]
Members
589 posts
7,726 battles

That’s the f2p trap. You can only get to about tier vii easily. Not a biggie, tons of fun at and below vii. If you want to buy premium time it will help you out quite a bit with credits and xp.

[SALVO]
Members
7,077 posts
5,542 battles

F2P strategy to grind credits:

• Stockpile coal
  • Buy some T6 coal ships in the armory, they are cheap (select the nation(s) you need captains for)
  • Run Operations for daily bonus, use your economic boosters in that first run of the day
  • Repeat the process until you have at least 3 premium ships for Ops, in the mean time use whatever TT ships you need to grind
  • Operations are a reliable source of income and the place to use your boosters to better effect, using premium ships also allows to train your Captains, consider you'll be running a lot of Ops. A "naked" succesful run will net you around 200K.
  • Consider not progresing beyond T8 until you have a solid income base (some premium ships to farm credits). It is not sustaiinable for a F2P account.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,922 posts

not a gacha...

and not a race to T10... 

credit earning is pretty good if you have any T6-T7 premiums they do well in ops 

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,378 posts
17,047 battles

you can also check on your Inventory, it right under your name in the port screen, NOT the armory ...

in the inventory, you can sell Hull/Main battery/GFCS/Torp from previous tier that you do not use

For example: Fiji ... you fully upgrade her I am guessing here. You have the Hull (a), GFCS (a) - you can sell them in the Inventory

Buy premium time

Use the economic signals

• Cool 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,561 posts

Thats the glory of free to play.

Now you are tempted to shell out 100 dollars for 65 million measly credits to solve this problem and the next and the next wait a minute all gone? Yep. Don't spend that money.

What I do if I need credits is to use T6 and T7 in operations. And play a week or two.

I maintain a stockpile of anywhere up to 50 million credits. Right off hand I don't know what it is now but I do know I have no need for them just yet. Waiting on the 50 million mark to be reached to retrain the german BB line for more RB points. I don't dare play at night here in Arkansas because they pull the plug in rolling 1 hour blackouts which will kick me off Wows and then implement a punishment ban. Maybe after sunday things will calm down in the sunshine and 40 degrees coming. I'll play round the clock then.

Your lower tier ships support your higher tier play and also you plan ahead when you need credits.

DO NOT whatever you do DO NOT. Sell. Anything in port. Just for a few credits.

[RAGE]
Members
2,004 posts
9,099 battles

Play ranked games in your Tirpitz.   Ranked gives better rewards than random, and Tirpitz is premium which will net you even a bit more.  You play mostly coop, which is a fine and low-stress way to enjoy the game, but it gives significantly less credits and XP. 

[PVE]
Members
10,930 posts
18,933 battles
1 hour ago, xxjigsxx said:

I keep running into the same problem...Credits. I grind through the XP to research ships but I never have near enough credits to purchase them.

I have just completed grinding research for the Edinburgh but as you see below I need another 5.5 million credits just to buy it.....never-mind modules and upgrades.

Take the Fiji out in Operation Narai, use signals and camos if you have them. It helps if you know the operation, so I suggest checking out YouTube (lots of Fiji in Narai vids). Operations is still where the consistent credits are, unless you sell ships off, which I don't advise.

This is my last 3 battles.

image.thumb.png.0a71fc52a62f47198ba9b68895ed1618.png

image.thumb.png.36f636758958f08165df6401b82a906d.png

image.thumb.png.9abe437c2688408f9e71360e950d010d.png

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[WOLFG]
Members
32,359 posts
10,021 battles
2 hours ago, xxjigsxx said:

Hi

Is there a strategy to build up credits with particular ships etc? I have mostly Tier V ships and I make on average of about 100 000 credits per game (a guesstimate).

Thank you

xxjigsxx

I'm guessing you don't run a premium account?

T5-7 will be your bread and butter then. Play those to accumulate credits. Try to complete daily missions and try to get at least 2 containers a day. You'll be tempted to choose credit containers, but don't. Take resources, your goal is a coal ship. They earn better than the tech tree ships. You can get a lower tier one quicker, and you might be more comfortable playing it, but a higher tier one makes more, even though you might not be comfortable in high tiers.

The other thing is, if any event comes up where they offer a free premium ship, do what you can to get it, at least until you have a couple anyway. (don't overdo it though lol)

To play T9 or T10 ships on a free account, you will have to grind credits with other ships, as credit losses will be relatively common in those tiers. T8 will basically pay for itself, but not as much left over as you're getting now in T5.

[FLTF1]
Members
288 posts
7,895 battles
13 hours ago, xxjigsxx said:

Hi

Thank you

xxjigsxx

PS. Attached pic below

1.thumb.png.98b6d02d36c0b98eb9b5ec230cad372b.png

1) you probably use too many XP bonus (200% on first victory), that way you complete research much earlier because there is no +200% cash on first victory ;) Or worse, if you use free XP to research ship faster, but then you have no cash to pay for it.
2) if can not buy premium time, get premium ships (free, for coal and free xp). T9 is ideal, but if you already have enough free XP, buy british T7 Nelson. It only costs 350.000 free XP, it's pretty fun to play and you can get 400-500k cash every game on it (it is premium +50% cash, and it has camo that also helps with cash). You can find Nelson in tech tree.

[SALVO]
Members
7,077 posts
5,542 battles
12 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Dude! 23 kills that's insane!...

I think there are 29 ships total in Narai, assuming you don't warp space and time it is either x5 on convoy side or x3 on CV side. 23 out of 26 possible is insane. wow!

[ARGSY]
Members
23,433 posts
17,387 battles
14 hours ago, xxjigsxx said:

Is there a strategy to build up credits with particular ships etc?

Just keep playing the damn things!

First of all, call a halt to your progression up the tiers. It's not a race to get to the top. 600-odd battles is, in my experience, not enough to be playing at Tier 8 or above with any guarantee of success; speaking from bitter experience, you will get the snot kicked out of you as often as not and you may end up discouraged and demoralized. Get more game time at lower tiers first. 

Remember, it's not just the ship - there are upgrade modules as well, which by the time you get up to Tier 9/10 will cost you almost 7 million credits in themselves, plus there's B hulls, upgraded gunfire control upgraded torpedoes, etc. etc. You need to look at having twice the number of credits it takes to BUY AND OUTFIT the ship before you acquire it.

One of the reasons modern ships and planes are so expensive is that the quoted per-unit cost often includes service and maintenance for the life of the unit. That isn't as relevant here, where the service costs are paid from battle to battle, but you do have to be aware of everything about the ship which will cost you credits. Yes, some of it is deferred down the road to when you unlock subsequent hulls and modules, BUT IT MUST STILL BE PAID.

Yes, that will require patience and application of effort. No, there is no easy way.

As others have suggested, carefully selecting a few mid-tier coal premiums (preferably in nations you have a lot of ships in) will help dramatically. Farm "More Resources" crates like there's no tomorrow; you'd be surprised how quickly it builds up.

When you have a solid base of ships and gameplay at Tier 7, which is probably the highest tier at which Co-op play is economical without permcamos and premium time, THEN it's time to start thinking about a high-tier coal premium. If you mostly play co-op, things like Salem (which was my first high-tier coal premium, and I can thoroughly recommend it) are a fairly safe bet because their service costs are comparable to a T7 ship and co-op is forgiving of mistakes at T10. But be aware that taking a high-tier coal ship into Randoms when you are at your current level of experience is asking to get eaten alive. 

As @xHeavy has already said, paying real money to buy in-game credits is a sucker trap. There are many good bargains in this game if you have the money to spend (one of them is a year of premium time at Christmas for 50% off), but this is very definitely not one of them.

Selling ships is also a sucker trap, at least at Tier 5 or above. At least twice a year, there are events in which you benefit by having as many T5+ ships in port as you can comfortably obtain. Selling those puts you behind the 8-ball. 

@ArIskandir's suggestions are good ones, as are @Skpstr's. Try to win everything for free that you possibly can, consistent with not burning yourself out. Conversely, don't pay for anything that you can obtain in-game for free.

[UNC]
Members
909 posts
6,322 battles

I will echo what someone said earlier:  check the in-game inventory.  My guess is that you will find millions of credits worth of stock modules sitting there waiting to be sold.  You can also run economic signals or camos with economic bonuses if you have them.  I don't dabble much in Operations myself but I have heard that they are excellent for credit earning.  Premium ships come with better credit earning potential (some more than others) so playing a premium often is a good way to fatten your wallet.  In an absolute pinch you can always sell lower tier ships that you no longer play, then buy them back later once your finances are sorted out.  Joining a clan can also help as the clan naval base constructions will include bonuses that reduce ship cost, both to purchase and to service.  Clans will also likely be willing to help you improve your game if necessary, and more success typically yields more credits.  Running a premium account makes a BIG difference in income as well if you can afford it. 

Keep at it though, it will get better. 

[DUDS]
Members
14 posts
1,218 battles

Hello Guys

I have gone and looked at each option mentioned and this is what I came up with:

Tier 6 Premium 49 500 coal - Grind for 49 days

Tier 9 Premium 228 000 coal - Grind for 228  days

Tier 10 Premium 240 000 coal - Grind for 240 days

Total Grind - 517 Days if I manage to play every day, get at least 1000 coal per day and get each tier in succession

Just to put things in perspective: We lost our business due to government covid lock downs. I don`t have camo nor signals to boost credits, buy doubloons, ships etc.

Daily missions give 100 000 credits per day if you complete all 6 missions every day

I have been to the ops missions menu and in the ops chat there are maybe 1 or 2 people in chat. Maybe if I was in a different corp I might find mission runners.(edit) I left my corp because there are only 1 or 2 people online and mostly none.... So I will be looking for a corp that wants to grind missions and play in divisions.

I have managed to sell modules/upgrades for 4.5 mill credits and I know I will regret this as I will have to buy them again at a much higher price when needed.

I haven`t been racing to get to a Tier 9/10 ship but I would like to get there as it provides more content. I have slowly been ranking up my ships for the different nations.

My final thoughts on the game.... it`s pay to win and those pixels they are selling are priced ridiculously high.... Every monetization strategy is a carefully crafted money trap and only people with money in hand can take part in everything the game has to offer.

The "Deep State" or "ex KGB officers" are definitely behind the monetization mechanics because they manage to screw you in every way possible.

So finally.... thank you for all the advice and feedback. I really appreciate it. I have a decision to make which many people in my position have had to....grind my life away or uninstall.

Fair winds to you all.

xxjigsxx

[ARGSY]
Members
23,433 posts
17,387 battles

33 minutes ago, xxjigsxx said:

it`s pay to win

33 minutes ago, xxjigsxx said:

The "Deep State" or "ex KGB officers" are definitely behind the monetization mechanics

I was going to offer more advice or help, but having read those two little gems I'm not sure you actually want it.

If you want to work up toward some really good rewards, you'll need patience, time and effort. 

If you want to start looking in the places you did for people and things to blame, I'm not sure there's any helping you.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[DUDS]
Members
14 posts
1,218 battles

Ensign_Cthulhu

I don`t think there is any hidden strategy to the game. It`s pay to win.

...and if you don`t get that " The "Deep State" or "ex KGB officers" are definitely behind the monetization mechanics" is a joke....what can I say? I am lost for words.

Edited by xxjigsxx
update

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,922 posts

the game is p2advancequicker to a perceived end game that does not exist

• Cool 1

[META_]
Members
232 posts
3,198 battles
36 minutes ago, xxjigsxx said:

Tier 6 Premium 49 500 coal - Grind for 49 days

Tier 9 Premium 228 000 coal - Grind for 228  days

Tier 10 Premium 240 000 coal - Grind for 240 days

Total Grind - 517 Days if I manage to play every day, get at least 1000 coal per day and get each tier in succession

You generally average ~2000 coal per day (1600 minimum, but you can get containers with double or triple coal) if you complete all daily quests and get all three resource containers.  Add 5-10% if you're in a guild with the coal port upgrade.

And you don't need to get each tier in succession.  If you're looking to maximize credit earnings, save up for the T9 and skip all the others.  You also get a 25% off coupon for one coal ship purchase every six months, which brings the T9 price down to 172k.

42 minutes ago, xxjigsxx said:

I have been to the ops missions menu and in the ops chat there are maybe 1 or 2 people in chat. Maybe if I was in a different corp I might find mission runners.(edit) I left my corp because there are only 1 or 2 people online and mostly none.... So I will be looking for a corp that wants to grind missions and play in divisions.

Every week, there's an operation that can be done without being in a division.  You can do it as often as you like.  It rotates - this week it's Narai (T7).

44 minutes ago, xxjigsxx said:

My final thoughts on the game.... it`s pay to win and those pixels they are selling are priced ridiculously high.... Every monetization strategy is a carefully crafted money trap and only people with money in hand can take part in everything the game has to offer.

The game is not "pay to win".  It has no premium consumables, the premium ships are (mostly) not OP (and those that are, are either available for in-game currency or have been removed), and you can perform well in a match without ever having spent a cent on the game.  Paying money does make it easier to advance to higher-tier ships, but that's not "winning" - it's just unlocking additional content.  Winning is, well, winning.  As for the game being crafted to encourage you to spend money, of course it is.  You didn't pay to purchase the game, so they have to make money somehow.

[DUDS]
Members
14 posts
1,218 battles

@Fel0niusMonk

It makes sense to go for a T9 ship first and then later get the others.

For the operations.... don`t you need to be invited into a division to play? Can I just start the mission like any co-op or random battle? Game will add players and bots if necessary? If so I can kick myself because I have spent a lot of time waiting in Operations Chat to ask others to form a division to play.

True....they have to make money... but how much money is probably relative to each players means.

Thank you for the feedback.

Regards

xxjigsxx

[VOP]
Members
963 posts
6 minutes ago, xxjigsxx said:

@Fel0niusMonk

It makes sense to go for a T9 ship first and then later get the others.

For the operations.... don`t you need to be invited into a division to play? Can I just start the mission like any co-op or random battle? Game will add players and bots if necessary? If so I can kick myself because I have spent a lot of time waiting in Operations Chat to ask others to form a division to play.

True....they have to make money... but how much money is probably relative to each players means.

Thank you for the feedback.

Regards

xxjigsxx

For operations, just choose that battle mode, pick your ship, and hit battle. You do not need to be in a division. The slots will fill. How quickly depends on the operation and time of day. The game will not populate green bots to fill out a team.

[DUDS]
Members
14 posts
1,218 battles

@Airjellyfish

Thank you..... I didn`t know that.... guess I will be running missions now  :)

Regards

xxjigsxx