You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
motaz87

bronze league WAS fun

16 comments in this topic

[NET]
Beta Testers
574 posts
6,235 battles

why did they make it tier 8 and 9? tier 8s are pointless to play, and tier 9s unless premiums are costly to run. wonder why they did this? i had so much fun last season with tier 8s, good stress reliever.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,439 posts
20,624 battles

To make you spend money 

• Funny 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,524 posts

And when you finally climb to the silver only to discover the rareified and toxic gold snobbies stuck at rank 10 etc... you will pine for the romantic days of Bronze all over again.

• Cool 1

[O7]
Supertester
392 posts
13,174 battles

MM is designed so both sides have the same number of T8 ships. Good T8 ships are still very effective vs. T9 ships, so don't underestimate them.

Also, some see ranked as a good way to research their ships. 

• Haha 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,763 posts

I am running T8s for the xp.  I will rank into silver just fine with them.

Members
544 posts
20 battles
22 minutes ago, Your_SAT_Score said:

MM is designed so both sides have the same number of T8 ships. Good T8 ships are still very effective vs. T9 ships, so don't underestimate them.

Also, you get more XP for shooting at higher tier ships (and obviously if you're playing a tier 9 you'll get much less as you're often shooting at ships a tier below you), and given that ranked is more about star saving than actually winning, you're likely better off in a tier 8.

• Boring 1

[NET]
Beta Testers
574 posts
6,235 battles

least they could do is make sure both teams have one super cruiser on each team or none, totally not fair to have an alaska or kronshtadt on one team and a neptune or some other weak regular tech tree cruiser on the other team.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,763 posts
2 minutes ago, motaz87 said:

least they could do is make sure both teams have one super cruiser on each team or none, totally not fair to have an alaska or kronshtadt on one team and a neptune or some other weak regular tech tree cruiser on the other team.

MM does not match ships like that, it never has for any mode including clan wars.  It just matches ship class and tier.

Members
544 posts
20 battles
2 hours ago, Burnsy said:

MM does not match ships like that, it never has for any mode including clan wars.  It just matches ship class and tier.

The match maker also takes into account the nation that a ship comes from, so if for example you have six US cruisers in a battle, there will be three per team.  Of course, you could have three Seattle's on one team, and three Alaska's on the other, but at least it's something.

Members
2,069 posts
12,694 battles
2 hours ago, Burnsy said:

I think he's saying there should be a sub class for super cruisers.

• Cool 1

[SGSS]
Members
5,758 posts
5 hours ago, motaz87 said:

why did they make it tier 8 and 9? tier 8s are pointless to play, and tier 9s unless premiums are costly to run. wonder why they did this? i had so much fun last season with tier 8s, good stress reliever.

T8 are great against t9.  And there not that expencive.

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
2,028 posts
14,013 battles

It WAS fun. Then WG took away a lot of the irrevocable ranks because fun was detected.

[-BCO-]
Members
1,835 posts
3,390 battles
5 hours ago, motaz87 said:

I can't say that I disagree with you.

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
171 posts
16,887 battles

I enjoyed it much more when Bronze was just T8. Id like to see Bronze T8 Silver T9 Gold T10. It will never happen because everyone would gravate to T9 (myslef included) Becasue of no CVs which WOW loves to jam down our throats.. gawd forbid we have an option to stay away from them.

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles

Spreadsheet said too much fun was being had and not enough grinding.

solution: double the stars but not the rewards. Result more grinding and less fun. Spreadsheet appeased.

Edited by monpetitloup

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
2,028 posts
14,013 battles
44 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Spreadsheet said too much fun was being had and not enough grinding.

solution: double the stars but not the rewards. Result more grinding and less fun. Spreadsheet appeased.

The Spreadsheets are infallible and are not to be questioned.

If we players disagree with the spreadsheets, it's because WG thinks we can't comprehend them and are playing the game wrong and that if we want to have fun, we should play the way the spreadsheets they refuse to show us say we should.