Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Cit_the_bed

Paolo Emilio build feedback

14 comments in this topic

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,437 posts
20,617 battles

OJNbgfj.png

Feedback appreciated, design is for DD avoidance using Radio Location and PT. 

[O7]
Supertester
392 posts
13,168 battles

I'd recommend switching AR and PT for Swift in Silence. Yolo Emilio is one of the few ships unlikely to get much use out of AR and PT is functionally useless when you are trying to charge someone.

WG fixed the bug of PE outrunning her smoke, so definitely take Swift in Silence so you yolo even faster. 

I'd take dazzle over RL if possible as Dazzle is actually useful for mitigating damage during the run. You aren't actively going for other DDs and the minimap usually gives you enough info anyways

• Cool 1

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,437 posts
20,617 battles
25 minutes ago, Your_SAT_Score said:

I'd recommend switching AR and PT for Swift in Silence. Yolo Emilio is one of the few ships unlikely to get much use out of AR and PT is functionally useless when you are trying to charge someone.

WG fixed the bug of PE outrunning her smoke, so definitely take Swift in Silence so you yolo even faster. 

I'd take dazzle over RL if possible as Dazzle is actually useful for mitigating damage during the run. You aren't actively going for other DDs and the minimap usually gives you enough info anyways

image.png.f598998fbda75c6654658073de785716.png

This is what I arrived at, I need Radio Location to avoid smalands and darings. It's probably not as optimal, but I prefer the safety blanket of RL. 

[O_S_D]
Members
176 posts
18,007 battles

image.thumb.png.832d72f5545200e1f482e14ccc549e1e.png

This is my build with Luigi. I will take consumable enhancements with his last 2 points. I like RL to know where my target is, since most of the time no one will be spotting him, and since he is Luigi, I want that fast torp speed to hit my target when I launch my torps so he can't dodge. Swift in Silence is useless if you don't know where your target is. I am not fond of AR as it only helps if you are low on hp's and I don't like being at that point, I would rather have something that helps me all the time. I took GtG because the main battery is slow compared to your speed. PT is a must for me with all ships. I don't have enuff points with this build for Dazzle.

Edited by Tingent

[ARGSY]
Members
679 posts
10,851 battles

I am still experimenting around but did not take any torpedo skills. Quite frankly, they hit so hard and are usually fired at such close range that they just don't need any help. 

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,158 posts
11,285 battles

Emilio.jpg.8b022f8e5e7e8775e71c95a18fbe966f.jpg

This is my eventual 21 point build. I did consider Radio Location, but generally speaking, I want the DD on my flank dead before I attempt a yolo charge anyway, so the Radio Location just doesn't matter to me, since I also don't want to be the ship spotting said DDs (Friendly DDs are a big help). Instead, I rely on incoming fire alert to allow me to range gunboat early like a Russian or French DD to support shooting down enemy destroyers. Once they are dead, then I turn to make my yolo runs, taking the extended smoke time from consumables enhancements, and still wanting the extra torpedo speed to that if I have to let my fish go early, they can still make contact before the enemy can react. I also want my torpedoes to reload faster, hence why I still wanted the 3 point skill as well.

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,802 posts
12,586 battles

There's some flexibility in the design, but this is the one I've built for "If you absolutely want someone dead" and then take a 2 minute break while you wait for recharges.
Red are skills I consider non-negotiable. Swift in Silence gives Paolo access to ~49 knot unboosted speed, up to 60 knots when boosted and concealed. Excellent for escaping from enemies and rushing caps. The other 7 points are flexible, though I prefer consistent behavior over scalar behavior.

image.thumb.png.ef0cfb2c2a649b299429337c409afc24.png

Reasoning for no torpedo skills: having torpedoes ready but none of your consumables ready is usually not helpful. Usually your torpedoes will be ready before your consumables already, and you can reload during the 30s approach while smoke yoloing as well. Liquidator does give you more floods, but you should honestly be killing them with your initial launch rather than depending on floods to kill them.

Adrenaline Rush can be helpful, but again, I find the problem lies in, if you're using your guns, either SHTF or your ROF is mostly supporting damage. The guns are not great for sustained DPS with their anemic ROF, making it very hard to play like a French DD. MBAA would be a better 3 pointer if I had to choose between the two.

RPF can be used to push and joust enemy DDs aggressively and to make sure you're vectoring in properly for the kill.

Consumables Enhancements and Gears are optional if you want a better 3 point skill.

I certify that I have played Paolo Emilio for a sufficient number of games to be allowed to suggest this build.

[TSF]
Members
417 posts
14,242 battles
On 2/17/2021 at 11:50 PM, Compassghost said:

I certify that I have played Paolo Emilio for a sufficient number of games to be allowed to suggest this build.

I'm curious if your thought have changed after playing Paolo for another month? I just got Paolo and I am struggling to settle on a build. I'm using a 21 point Sansonetti. Would appreciate any suggestions.

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,802 posts
12,586 battles
11 minutes ago, Litigo_1970 said:

I'm curious if your thought have changed after playing Paolo for another month? I just got Paolo and I am struggling to settle on a build. I'm using a 21 point Sansonetti. Would appreciate any suggestions.

https://www.wowsft.com/ship?index=PISD509&modules=11111&upgrades=121221&commander=PCW001&skills=5900577&flags=7392&consumables=111&pos=0

This is my build. It gives up utility skills like Adrenaline Rush and Gun Skills for guaranteed rushing benefits. Dying is not the best outcome, but if you have to die, you must guarantee that you take out at least 1 ship while doing so. This build optimizes for maximizing the guarantee of killing that one ship, while providing extended flexibility to continue if you do escape after rushing.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,340 posts

I am a flying potato & I approve this build with Sansonetti.

1161509790_Screenshot2021-03-17130945.png.a41444051d776dc93f81f8e8e1a3e202.png

Traverse speed is important because you will get spotted unexpectedly at least once per game

The boost in torp speed makes a big difference as people will be trying to evade your torp shots.

You want RPF because you need to know if there is somebody closer to you then that BB you are about to charge at.

HP amount is important as you will trade off HP for kills

Concealment is a no brainer

Your weakness that can get you killed is your engines  -  they will take damage and be out of commission at least once every 2 battles.

TL/DR

Things to care about - HP, maintaining engines,  ability to fire at somebody when surprised, engine speed, concealment

Things not to care about - shell range, torp reload time, commodity amount, switching shell types, knowing how many people are targetting you, flooding

[ICLAD]
Beta Testers
125 posts
14,522 battles
On 2/17/2021 at 9:50 PM, Compassghost said:

There's some flexibility in the design, but this is the one I've built for "If you absolutely want someone dead" and then take a 2 minute break while you wait for recharges.
Red are skills I consider non-negotiable. Swift in Silence gives Paolo access to ~49 knot unboosted speed, up to 60 knots when boosted and concealed. Excellent for escaping from enemies and rushing caps. The other 7 points are flexible, though I prefer consistent behavior over scalar behavior.

Reasoning for no torpedo skills: having torpedoes ready but none of your consumables ready is usually not helpful. Usually your torpedoes will be ready before your consumables already, and you can reload during the 30s approach while smoke yoloing as well. Liquidator does give you more floods, but you should honestly be killing them with your initial launch rather than depending on floods to kill them.

Adrenaline Rush can be helpful, but again, I find the problem lies in, if you're using your guns, either SHTF or your ROF is mostly supporting damage. The guns are not great for sustained DPS with their anemic ROF, making it very hard to play like a French DD. MBAA would be a better 3 pointer if I had to choose between the two.

RPF can be used to push and joust enemy DDs aggressively and to make sure you're vectoring in properly for the kill.

Consumables Enhancements and Gears are optional if you want a better 3 point skill.

This is exactly my thoughts and the build I use.  Paolo is such a one trick pony that a lot of the normal DD skills I've shaved away.  I use no prio target or incoming alert since I know everyone is shooting at me.  I don't even use stealth..that's what the exhaust smoke is for.  I traded stealth for dazzle for that end of the run getaway.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,691 posts
10,099 battles
On 2/17/2021 at 8:12 PM, Your_SAT_Score said:

One shouldn't play Emilio as yolo only, though. She's somewhat capable of contesting caps or screening, for instance.

But yeah, I got Swift in Silence instead of RPF. All other skills are same as OP's (minus AR, because I'm at 18 points right now)

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,691 posts
10,099 battles
On 2/18/2021 at 12:50 AM, Compassghost said:

2 hours ago, Anonymous50 said:

1161509790_Screenshot2021-03-17130945.png.a41444051d776dc93f81f8e8e1a3e202.png

Not taking the 2 point skill which increases the active time both for your smoke and engine consumables is inefficient, IMO.

Sign in to follow this