You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Finnkax

Tier 9 is allowes in ranked?

33 comments in this topic

[NOVUM]
Members
120 posts
5,567 battles

Yes, Bronze League is T8 and T9 this time around. 

edit: at least you didn't have the Kansas on your team  :Smile_trollface:

Edited by BitCrushed
  • Haha 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,924 posts

nothing like reading the announcements...

they sometimes have free stuff in them too...

• Cool 1

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,597 posts
18,571 battles

Time for some Jean Bart action flinging fiery baguettes the entire match. 

Image result for throwing fireballs gif

Members
7,122 posts
22,139 battles

it's bad. The nerds are bringing all the heavy artillery. This 8-9 sucks. Play ships that take skill or don't play it.

7hpBrvN.png

[RLGN]
Members
15,693 posts
27,458 battles
21 minutes ago, Pura__Vida said:

it's bad. The nerds are bringing all the heavy artillery. This 8-9 sucks. Play ships that take skill or don't play it.

I don’t play it?

No love here for the new ranked format, no love for mixed tier ranked, and especially no love for higher tier (R8-10) ranked.

• Cool 1

Members
0 posts
49 minutes ago, Pura__Vida said:

7hpBrvN.png

Why would you handicap yourself by only playing ships that "take skill?" No, if it's ranked and T9, why wouldn't I play Musashi, Georgia, Alaska, etc.?

[UNHLY]
Members
4,858 posts
13,528 battles
1 hour ago, SKurj said:

they sometimes have free stuff in them too...

Reading’s way too OP. I mean, it has to be if it’s been nerfed so much, right?

Members
7,122 posts
22,139 battles
7 minutes ago, JaeYuu80sevens said:

Why would you handicap yourself by only playing ships that "take skill?" No, if it's ranked and T9, why wouldn't I play Musashi, Georgia, Alaska, etc.?

The fact you ask is my point.

• Meh 3

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,614 posts

Oh I dabble in ranked for the steel. Once acquired for the week (Now two weeks ... so half the income on steel this season around) im done. Ranking out and quals is such [edited] so I don't bother. Ive been to Gold between 7 and 10 ranked back and forth all that time. So eff it. Bronze is fine. Bring out the big stuff and sink those too slow to get out of the way.

Georgia will be such a harvester of dead ships in Bronze.

Edited by xHeavy

Members
0 posts
15 minutes ago, Pura__Vida said:

Can you explain it? You're going to take a less competitive ship and make things harder for yourself and your teams for the sake of what, saying you slogged through the ranked grindfest in a Mogami? What's the point in it?

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,280 posts
12,247 battles
17 minutes ago, Pura__Vida said:

What is your point ?

[-VT-]
Members
1,185 posts
28,904 battles

They posted it in advance of the season however, why they just didn't do 8 for Bronze, 9 for Silver and 10 for Gold I have no clue. Too sensible I guess. You want variety make it so a team can on have one of any ship. Excluding Black variants of course would be lumped into their counter part; JB = JBB for example.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,924 posts

just curious with this...  I am sure we don't quite know the reasoning...  but if you have T8's but no T10's or 9's why would you even bother with this season?

Members
7,122 posts
22,139 battles
24 minutes ago, JaeYuu80sevens said:

Can you explain it? You're going to take a less competitive ship and make things harder for yourself and your teams for the sake of what, saying you slogged through the ranked grindfest in a Mogami? What's the point in it?

What is the point of bringing a ship that is closer to tier ten to a 8/9 game? hey I ranked out.....

The game has so much garbage pay to win ships it simply sucks. If you want to rank out playing Stalingrads and musashi's, that s your choice. But at some point what is the point? Cruisers that have bigger guns, more armor and more range and 75% more health than others cruisers in the same tier...where is the skill, and what is the point?

• Boring 2

Members
0 posts
8 minutes ago, Pura__Vida said:

What is the point of bringing a ship that is closer to tier ten to a 8/9 game? hey I ranked out.....

The game has so much garbage pay to win ships it simply sucks. If you want to rank out playing Stalingrads and musashi's, that s your choice. But at some point what is the point? Cruisers that have bigger guns, more armor and more range and 75% more health than others cruisers in the same tier...where is the skill, and what is the point?

How is it pay to win? You can't buy a Stalingrad, and I got my Musashi for free from FXP. Yeah, super cruisers are strong. But they are far less maneuverable than other cruisers, are bigger, and they burn longer, and they have a slower reload. 1v1 a Des would smoke a Stalingrad. So would a Hindy even easier. And the point is to get through ranked as fast as possible and collect the rewards, not to prove your skill is so much greater than the plethora of sub 50%ers ranked is filled with.

Edited by JaeYuu80sevens
  • Boring 1

[AN2AC]
Members
164 posts
9,371 battles
7 minutes ago, Pura__Vida said:

let me see,

bring a J class yacht to the current AC75 Americas cup,

bring a Honda civic to a F1 race,

bring a donkey to the Kentucky Derby ..... 

I dont get your point ... but if you want to win/ compete it usually requires something competitive otherwise don't bother. Is that your point?

[WOLFG]
Members
32,398 posts
10,021 battles
1 hour ago, SKurj said:

I didn't read the announcements, I had no idea what tier it was, until I switched to that game mode.

Then I simply selected ships that weren't grayed out.....

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
32,398 posts
10,021 battles
38 minutes ago, JaeYuu80sevens said:

You're going to take a less competitive ship and make things harder for yourself and your teams....

As far as taking a lower-tiered ship, it's a double-edged sword. You make things harder for yourself, but your team is also facing a lower-tier ship, which helps them.

Members
0 posts
Just now, Skpstr said:

As far as taking a lower-tiered ship, it's a double-edged sword. You make things harder for yourself, but your team is also facing a lower-tier ship, which helps them.

I don't care about the tier, it's not really the point. He's talking about "ships that require skill" as in none of the meta ships.

[REVY]
Members
2,642 posts
14,526 battles
1 hour ago, Pura__Vida said:

last battle before I decided to quit for the night: 3 BBs, 1 CA, 3DDs per side.

First Blood was an Alaska kill.....and it went downhill form there..........for the red team.

shot-21_02.17_16_58.27-0032.thumb.jpg.708ae5ab228742621d066f9c1f1b38ed.jpg

shot-21_02.17_16_58.32-0239.thumb.jpg.4bb615084fc650bddbbba5f6fb5248fe.jpg

Edited by Lord_Slayer

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,614 posts

As if this game requires any skill.

Point big uns at enemy boat. Hit fire button. Repeat until sinky.

Or... For those who cannot be bothered with all that aiming...

Buy 50% collision damage flags (CHEAP... no one uses them other than me)

Get fast BB, JBB is ideal. Bump into a enemy until sinky. Do it to another. And done. All you have to do is drive small twice.

Edited by xHeavy

[WOLFG]
Members
32,398 posts
10,021 battles
19 minutes ago, Pura__Vida said:

To be fair, the format of Ranked doesn't really recognise skill anyway, AFAIC, most are there for the rewards.

Having said that, I do think that, at least for the purposes of this game mode, supercruisers being classed as cruisers is unfair. I think the Ibuki matched up against my Agir today would agree...

Myself, I don't specifically play "competitive" ships, I play what I feel like. Having said that, after having played a few games and getting a feel for it, I'm not going to bring something that's not going to fit with how the games are being played, or that I'm not comfortable playing due to low game count. (Edinburgh for example, I have no problem with Mogami or Hipper)

Members
7,122 posts
22,139 battles
23 minutes ago, Otago_F111 said:

let me see,

bring a J class yacht to the current AC75 Americas cup,

bring a Honda civic to a F1 race,

bring a donkey to the Kentucky Derby ..... 

I dont get your point ... but if you want to win/ compete it usually requires something competitive otherwise don't bother. Is that your point?

Each of your examples make sense, i wish that you couldn't bring a horse to a donkey race. I wish there was more segregation to keep that from happening. An Edinburgh shouldn't have to play against an Alaska.