You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
sasquatch_research

Captain rework free reset

8 comments in this topic

[WAMMY]
Members
2,559 posts
14,238 battles

Hey

It sure would have been nice to have had a warning about the ending of the free captain rework.  With 305 boats its kind of hard to address them all and today that rework ended, and costing 250 doubloons or 100,000 captain XP to do a 10pt captains rather sucks; especially given that so many of the Wargaming selected for you choices made for us are really not what I would want and now lost out all the way around.  Sucks to be me I guess.  I never did see the reset all captains at once button like I had heard there was.    Maybe on such a large rework, a notice about 2-3 days advanced notice before ending would have been really helpful or give a couple more days to make final changes.

Pete

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Meh 1

[RG-1]
Members
10 posts
3,999 battles

The fee for resetting a captain should not have been re-instated until the official commander skill builder page is updated.  Although the new in-game captain page works well for planning additional point allocation there is no method to plan out full re-specs.

• Cool 2

[O_S_D]
Members
176 posts
17,970 battles

They gave you a month. If you can post on the forums, you can read the forums!

[POO69]
Beta Testers
71 posts
11,112 battles

I'm with you, Pete.  I don't have as many ships and I probably have more time, being retired.  I was aware that the commander skill reset amnesty was scheduled to end when update 10.1 dropped, and managed to get a reasonable configuration on the ships I care most about.  

So, a complex and time consuming task and they could have changed their minds and given us more time.  But for me the main problem is that the array of commander skills assigned to Cruisers is seriously broken, and they should have extended the amnesty period (or at least reduced the cost of resetting skills) until the issue is addressed.

Cruisers are not a very popular class at the moment, but are the class that has suffered the most from the commander skills rework due to the variety of sizes, armament, consumables etc.  I will take the USS Alaska as an example:

I had set it up with the spotter plane and "Eye in the Sky", based on (I think) a Flamu YouTube video.   It actually works fairly well - Alaska is a bit awkward (and a large target) for playing close enough to a CAP for the radar to be used to its best advantage.  However, even with that radar is a consumable that is hard to give up.  So what happens if I switch from spotter plane back to radar?

1. The don't-do'-this icon goes over the 2-point "Eye in the Sky" skill, and it is actually a bit difficult to see the yellow of a selected skill behind it.  (Not a major issue, admittedly.)
  2. However, if I want my 15-point captain to use all of his hard-won points I can't just reset 2 points.  I have to reset them all for 375 doubloons (about $1.62 at the current exchange rate of about 232 doubloons to the U.S. dollar).

The other problem is lack of skills available for many cruisers.  The poster child in my collection is the premium Tier 6 Mysore, with 10 of 24 possible skills Xed out as being "ineffective".   British AP-only cruisers without torpedoes are the hardest hit, but there are many cruisers with 5-6 skill choices unavailable.  Allowing free or inexpensive resets would not do anything for this, but I still think it would help overall.

Old_Guard_Alaska_Cdr_Skills_2-18-2021.png

Old_Guard_Mysore_Cdr_Skills_2-18-2021.png

Members
501 posts
8,302 battles

After scrolling threw several dozen posts in this forum category, pretty sure they don't read them. Or at least I haven't seen ANY replies from WG, in any of the posts I have read so far. Not even a maybe, or no, that's just silly! Not going to look through every one though. Not really sure how a complaint that you missed something that was clearly posted in several locations, qualifies as a new player feature or gameplay suggestion...

Edited by Valas1

Members
22 posts
2,489 battles
19 hours ago, Rictor_Scale said:

The fee for resetting a captain should not have been re-instated until the official commander skill builder page is updated.  Although the new in-game captain page works well for planning additional point allocation there is no method to plan out full re-specs.

agree with this.

resetting skills should be cheap as well because it takes soooo much time to get the points and if you make a mistake on one skill you have to reset all skills. i think WG should address this. i vote for free resets forever they make enough $$$ on other stuff...