You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Summon3r

GK legendary mod?

11 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
107 posts
3,270 battles

In the armory on the left side go down the column until you get to the research bureau emblem click on it and then scroll down the page it should be there.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,826 posts
28,397 battles

All of the Unique Upgrades can only be attained through the Research Bureau in the Armory.  If you haven't gotten access to the RB (having at least 5 tech tree tier 10 ships,) you won't be able to get them until you do.

Unique Upgrades ("Legendary" Upgrades)

Unique upgrades (often referred to as "Legendary upgrades") are upgrades for Tier X tech tree ships. The aim of these upgrades is to adjust the characteristics of a ship to make it perform better in a specific role or offer an alternative style of gameplay while keeping ships in balance with each other, even if one ship has the unique upgrade and another does not.

The upgrades mount and demount like other upgrades (only one upgrade in a slot at a time) in slots 5 or 6, depending on the ship. In the Upgrades section of the Equipment page in Port, a small red star WoWs_icon_modernization_legendary.png will appear on the slot where a unique upgrade can be mounted when one is available in Inventory.

With Update 0.9.2, new mission chains for Unique Upgrades became unavailable. Uncompleted chains may continue until the end of 2020, at which time incomplete missions will be removed.
With Update 0.9.3, Unique Upgrades became obtainable through the Research Bureau. In subsequent updates, Unique Upgrades have been and will be changed, and new ones introduced.

To obtain a unique upgrade, each can be purchased for 19,200 Research Points in the Research Bureau section of the Armory.

Research Bureau - Global wiki. Wargaming.net

Edited by HamptonRoads

[PVE]
Members
7,873 posts
23,833 battles
1 hour ago, HamptonRoads said:

All of the Unique Upgrades can only be attained through the Research Bureau in the Armory.  If you haven't gotten access to the RB (having at least 5 tech tree tier 10 ships,) you won't be able to get them until you do.

Unique upgrades (often referred to as "Legendary upgrades") are upgrades for Tier X tech tree ships. The aim of these upgrades is to adjust the characteristics of a ship to make it perform better in a specific role or offer an alternative style of gameplay while keeping ships in balance with each other, even if one ship has the unique upgrade and another does not.

The upgrades mount and demount like other upgrades (only one upgrade in a slot at a time) in slots 5 or 6, depending on the ship. In the Upgrades section of the Equipment page in Port, a small red star WoWs_icon_modernization_legendary.png will appear on the slot where a unique upgrade can be mounted when one is available in Inventory.

With Update 0.9.2, new mission chains for Unique Upgrades became unavailable. Uncompleted chains may continue until the end of 2020, at which time incomplete missions will be removed.
With Update 0.9.3, Unique Upgrades became obtainable through the Research Bureau. In subsequent updates, Unique Upgrades have been and will be changed, and new ones introduced.

To obtain a unique upgrade, each can be purchased for 19,200 Research Points in the Research Bureau section of the Armory.

Does finishing enough daily missions to earn RP open the RB for you like prepaying for the dockyard & obtaining RPs does?

[BB-C4]
Beta Testers
129 posts
10,379 battles

It’s not worth it. I have it and I switched back to main battery mod 3 this patch. The range reduction hits really hard and heavily hampers your capabilities in battle. Save your research points for something else.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,884 posts
14,882 battles
1 hour ago, HamptonRoads said:

I won't do the RB not because of regrinding ships but because you lose use of them until you have ground back to them. So with the rate that research points come from other means it will be years before I have enough to buy one from there.

3 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Does finishing enough daily missions to earn RP open the RB for you like prepaying for the dockyard & obtaining RPs does?

They come slow even if you complete them all every day.

[PVE]
Members
7,873 posts
23,833 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

I won't do the RB not because of regrinding ships but because you lose use of them until you have ground back to them. So with the rate that research points come from other means it will be years before I have enough to buy one from there.

They come slow even if you complete them all every day.

I was just wondering if earning them that way opens the RB for you...

If you pay in advance for the dockyard events it opens up the ability to earn RPs & you can open the RB that way w/out needing the 5 T10 ships to do it.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,826 posts
28,397 battles
4 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

No.  You can only access the RB by researching 5 tier-10 tech tree ships, or through special access (e.g. the Dockyard event.)

• Thanks 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,884 posts
14,882 battles
1 minute ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I was just wondering if earning them that way opens the RB for you...

If you pay in advance for the dockyard events it opens up the ability to earn RPs & you can open the RB that way w/out needing the 5 T10 ships to do it.

Money is very tight for me currently so that is not viable for me.

[PVE]
Members
7,873 posts
23,833 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

Money is very tight for me currently so that is not viable for me.

Moot point for me as I had well over 5 T10s when RB arrived...just inquiring for those that it may be relevant to.

4 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

No.  You can only access the RB by researching 5 tier-10 tech tree ships, or through special access (e.g. the Dockyard event.)

Thanx for the reply.