You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

So far so good..... ( new 21 points etc )

16 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts

SO I was absolutely dreading this new 21 point requirement in order to max CXP and begin earning more to advance more commanders to that point.

I saved over 3.6M ECXP waiting for this and immediately made Jerzy S  and Yamamoto to  21 pointers the day the patch happened.

All while this was happening I was moving and had so much other stuff on the table I wasn't able to play as much as I usually did,  but as of today I have added another 21 pointer organically grinding a 19 pointer AND I still have 2.7M ECXP.

Disclaimer....

I do have a ton of signals and great camos and of course years of premium time so that helps a ton but still I am very surprised at how fast I was able to get yet another 21 simply by playing.

Task now is to get my new special commanders from 10 to 21 before 2027.

All in all it's not as bad as I thought playing my 19 pointers and it seems like 21 pointers will breed like bunnies just like my 19 pointers did.

Col Out

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[GLF]
Members
1,150 posts
18,146 battles

Right.   Its not as hard as people make it out to be.    Unlike you though i refuse to play a 19pt unless its one that I am currently grinding to promote.  I crank 1.2M to make a 19 into a 21 every 2-3 weeks with normal levels of playing my current 21pt captains.  I've suspended all RB regrinds until i can max out my french BB line of captains to 21.  Just finished 21pt richie.   1 more to go, and then I will wait til the next x2 and reset.  No big deal really.  Biggest difference I noticed is, i don't get to play as many of my tech tree ships that i kept with 19 pointers.   Other than that, just continually play through the premium ships with the 21 pointers until another 19  jumps up to 21.  Rince repeat.  

Edited by AnimaL21

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles
49 minutes ago, AnimaL21 said:

I crank 1.2M to make a 19 into a 21 every 2-3 weeks with normal levels of playing my current 21pt captains.

Somewhere between 60-90K (E)CXP a day. Impressive. 

50 minutes ago, AnimaL21 said:

Unlike you though i refuse to play a 19pt unless its one that I am currently grinding to promote. 

True; you need to concentrate on the task at hand. Same went for 19 pointers in the old system - if you're not playing your existing highest-point captains, you're playing the prime candidate. Either way, things have to be so that all (E)CXP is flowing toward the prime candidate.

[GLF]
Members
1,150 posts
18,146 battles
8 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

True; you need to concentrate on the task at hand. Same went for 19 pointers in the old system - if you're not playing your existing highest-point captains, you're playing the prime candidate. Either way, things have to be so that all (E)CXP is flowing toward the prime candidate.

Its not too bad.  A good game win in the sims, with prem,  first win bonus, +100% CXP camo, 50% signal, and MMC flag seems to go for around 10k or more.. 

I have two sims botes that I alternate with, plus my other prems.   I always point out sims, because of the basexp boost you get for free in them.   They get screwed by mm alot though. 

Pretty easy grinds though when you make your plans to min/max cxp

Edited by AnimaL21

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,763 posts

I have made enough ECXP to turn a 19pt captain into a 21pt captain, since the rework went live. 

Granted, I play a lot, but it's not nearly as bad as people were crying about.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles
1 minute ago, AnimaL21 said:

Its not too bad.

Oh, I agree. I could do it; it's just that I'd burn through my Draconic flags more quickly than I really want to if I kept it up day-in, day-out. My current one-and-only 21 pointer calls my Iowa home, and there are plenty of other ships he can go into.

The only thing I'm currently lacking in this regard is the willpower to concentrate on it, but the way I see it is that I'm primarily here to enjoy all my ships, not just to create 21 pointers, and I'm prepared to accept the necessary delays in getting 21 pointer #2. They're on me.

[GLF]
Members
1,150 posts
18,146 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Oh, I agree. I could do it; it's just that I'd burn through my Draconic flags more quickly than I really want to if I kept it up day-in, day-out. My current one-and-only 21 pointer calls my Iowa home, and there are plenty of other ships he can go into.

The only thing I'm currently lacking in this regard is the willpower to concentrate on it, but the way I see it is that I'm primarily here to enjoy all my ships, not just to create 21 pointers, and I'm prepared to accept the necessary delays in getting 21 pointer #2. They're on me.

You dont really have to run drac flags for 8-10k per good win though.  It does burn through camo though, but I have a stockpile of that.  When I fully load out the drac flags, I've had games in sims (2200+ basexp) with 65k CXP in one match, lol.  

It is correct to say though, you have to kindof be a machine about it.  I don't really enjoy the game much while i grind.  lol 

Edited by AnimaL21

[PVE]
Members
10,925 posts
18,896 battles
39 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

That's like 3 or 4 battles in Operations with signals.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles
17 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Yeah, I know; the problem is keeping up the supply of signals. On top of which I want to play my ships at all tiers, not just the same ones over and over again. Plus solo ops is a cr*pshoot and div is a bad idea whenever I'm on call.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[MHG]
Members
394 posts
21,809 battles
2 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

Task now is to get my new special commanders from 10 to 21 before 2027.

All in all it's not as bad as I thought playing my 19 pointers and it seems like 21 pointers will breed like bunnies just like my 19 pointers did.

Col Out

That is a really long term goal. Thinking ahead 6 years, props to you!

[RLGN]
Members
15,657 posts
27,382 battles
57 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Oh, I agree. I could do it; it's just that I'd burn through my Draconic flags more quickly than I really want to if I kept it up day-in, day-out.

Biggest thing for me as well; expended a tonne of them for UU grinds last year, and I’m not in any particular mood to continue expending them. Most are at about 125, with the Credits, and cxp around 300, and fxp at 800.

My current one-and-only 21 pointer calls my Iowa home, and there are plenty of other ships he can go into.

Made my first 19 pointer (my Akizuki driver,) into a 21 pointer, for nothing more complicated than he was first before.

I could make two more, but haven’t really seen any need to do so yet.

This a bit as well.

As mentioned above; I’ve got a serious case of ‘I was worried about getting 21 pointers WHY exactly?’ going on.

Maybe I’ll change my mind, but who knows.

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts
25 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yeah, I know; the problem is keeping up the supply of signals. On top of which I want to play my ships at all tiers, not just the same ones over and over again. Plus solo ops is a cr*pshoot and div is a bad idea whenever I'm on call.

I'm seeing 25-30K + on some good wins in the Halland and Smalland,  flagged up of course.

ecxp.png

Edited by Col_Nasty

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,763 posts
1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I am pulling 8K CXP per run out of Narai without dragon flags, using restlessfire camos and the 50% daily bonus.  I have run 9 of my premiums so far so have netted 72K CXP. 

I have 16 premiums that are of the tier, so if I run them all one time each (which I will later tonight), I will net 128K CXP, using no special signals.

With dragon flags, I am sure that would jump into 300-400K easy, in one daily rotation through them.

If I did this rotation once per day, for the week Narai is running, I would net almost 900,000 CXP for the week to dump on a captain, using no dragon flags. 

The reality is that I will run Narai a lot more than that.  I just need to get into silver in ranked first. I will be able to easily turn a new fresh 19pt captain into a 21pt captain, by the end of this week of Narai.

[SALVO]
Members
6,969 posts
5,521 battles

On a side note, as someone who doesn't have maxed out captains. Before the rework I had the amazing total of around 150K ECXP, in the few weeks after that I'm about to reach 400K ECXP, that 5% really adds up quickly. Having a constant income of ECXP just by playing and grinding normally is really great.

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts
7 hours ago, Burnsy said:

The reality is that I will run Narai a lot more than that.  I just need to get into silver in ranked first. I will be able to easily turn a new fresh 19pt captain into a 21pt captain, by the end of this week of Narai.

Looking forward to Narai coming around again.  I want to put Lutjens in my Shiney horse and see what he can do!  

That secondaries boost should be ridiculous!

I have him in Pommern now to grind him and WOW when that kicks in it's insane fun!