Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Boggzy

Episode 068: MR.CONWAY on KoTS Buyout and Skill Rework | Get to Know World of Warships

33 comments in this topic

[TNG]
WoWS Community Contributors
40 posts
10,918 battles

The King of Coop, MR. CONWAY stops by the add a human voice to the buyout of King of the Sea by Wargaming.  Unrelated, Boggzy and Borla ask him if he's familiar with a little skill called "Dead-Eye"...

TIMESTAMPS:

01:35 - Meet Mr. Conway / from Paris to Prague
10:01 - WG buys KOTS, How did it come about?
13:04 - Sponsors for KOTS?
17:00 - Ship bans for all Servers
22:04 - No.  Thunderers.
24:12 - Pasta BB's in this KOTS?
25:40 - Survey results published
27:51 - Best way to give feedback
31:38 - Oh Hai, Dead-Eye
34:58 - Spreadsheets and Borla's Monster Dog
36:50 - How WG tracks skill choices
38:40 - Bans for Clan Battles
41:15 - Future of Supercruisers
42:49 - SINK A SHIP
44:25 - KOTS halftime show?

YouTube:

Anchor: https://anchor.fm/gtkwows/episodes/Episode-068-MR-CONWAY-on-KoTS-Buyout-and-Skill-Rework-eqhrvg

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1

[CAAT]
Members
1,011 posts
4,596 battles

I actually agree with MrConway on that one. If Dead Eye is going to remain, then change its condition in such a way that it REWARDS pushing. Giving better accuracy to battleships isn't inherently bad, but the condition to have ships stay out of your detection range will only push ships further back as these ships attempt to maintain the Dead Eye buff, possibly at the cost of strategic pushing.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 2

[SALVO]
Members
6,899 posts
5,447 battles

Hey, looks interesting. I'll try to pick it up later after work.

[SALVO]
Members
26,102 posts
29,035 battles
12 minutes ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

I actually agree with MrConway on that one. If Dead Eye is going to remain, then change its condition in such a way that it REWARDS pushing. Giving better accuracy to battleships isn't inherently bad, but the condition to have ships stay out of your detection range will only push ships further back as these ships attempt to maintain the Dead Eye buff, possibly at the cost of strategic pushing.

Hell to the no!  I'm sick and tired of players trying to push changes to the game that force other players to play the game in the way that those suggesting the change want!!!  Play your ships the way you want to play them, and let others play the way they want to play them!!!

• Meh 10

[CAAT]
Members
1,011 posts
4,596 battles
10 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Hell to the no!  I'm sick and tired of players trying to push changes to the game that force other players to play the game in the way that those suggesting the change want!!!  Play your ships the way you want to play them, and let others play the way they want to play them!!!

Fine then. Let's compromise. I get my -50% Improved Secondary Battery Aiming, and the secondary reload boost is upped to -20% on Close Quarters Expert, and you snipers keep Dead Eye. Oh, and Grease the Gears needs fixing regardless. I think that's fair. You get to snipe, and I get to brawl! Fun!

Gotta admit though, I was surprised when MrConway actually said something like that...

Edited by SaiIor_Moon

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

So how does that work for the player who wants to play without cvs?

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[NAVAL]
[NAVAL]
Members
239 posts
13,802 battles

they'll make the kots survey public? why not make the 10.0 commander skill survey public? At least he talks about deadeye, happa won't say anything about the commander skill fiasco. 

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[NAVAL]
[NAVAL]
Members
239 posts
13,802 battles

wish they'd have asked about secondary builds being non viable anymore.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
26,102 posts
29,035 battles
20 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

So how does that work for the player who wants to play without cvs?

You don't (nor shouldn't) get to choose what ships enemy players use.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 3

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
12,146 posts
9,079 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

Thats right, why cant I bring my Umikaze to tier 10 anymore, it was great fun to tickle tier 10s to death with those tiny little torpedoes. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,826 posts

52K people watching Verizon tourney.

and... what percentage were there purely to flood chat with complaints about the Christmas boxes?

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,709 posts
4,771 battles
10 minutes ago, Dareios said:

52K people watching Verizon tourney.

and... what percentage were there purely to flood chat with complaints about the Christmas boxes?

Out of that number, more then half would never have seen WoWs before. 

But to answer your question directly, way too many.  It was embarrassing.

Edited by iDuckman

[SVF]
Members
1,804 posts
2,335 battles
2 hours ago, Crucis said:

Play your ships the way you want to play them, and let others play the way they want to play them!!!

Hm, how odd this standard of yours seemingly doesn't apply to WG's unwanted skill "rework".

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[FORM]
Members
2,198 posts
13,184 battles
3 hours ago, Boggzy said:

The King of Coop, MR. CONWAY stops by the add a human voice to the buyout of King of the Sea by Wargaming.  Unrelated, Boggzy and Borla ask him if he's familiar with a little skill called "Dead-Eye"...

TIMESTAMPS:

Thanks for the info and especially the timestamps. It's really nice to have a discussion and not just one CC posting their ideas and spin about whatever is their pet. Definitely hope WG takes a serious look over what they've done and really considers if that's the way they want the game to go for it - but especially the ships & ship types out there who've been most significantly impacted. 

[KSC]
Volunteer Moderator
222 posts
23,382 battles
43 minutes ago, TheArc said:

Thanks for the info and especially the timestamps. It's really nice to have a discussion and not just one CC posting their ideas and spin about whatever is their pet. Definitely hope WG takes a serious look over what they've done and really considers if that's the way they want the game to go for it - but especially the ships & ship types out there who've been most significantly impacted. 

Conway was great to talk to, and before the podcast basically told us "let's just have a discussion about whatever you'd like to talk about".  Hopefully we can get him back after KotS.  

• Cool 1

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
3 hours ago, Crucis said:

You don't (nor shouldn't) get to choose what ships enemy players use.

Its the choice of what ships one wants to play against, not the choice of what ship the other player plays.

[WORX]
Members
12,637 posts
19,870 battles

The companies stance on Kots

1. Fun to play
  2. Fun to view
    • I hope they put forth efforts in this area.. I put an idea in the KOTS discord to improve on the visuals, it can increase viewership.
  3. Fun to participate.

We must hold them to those principles .... If not, their just words ( a diversion tactic)...

The ship ban from my POV... Its because the root problem of WG products being OP/over-capable... It forces the player to diversify... Its not fun to see the same meta every tournament...

• Best example of this was 07 win a few years ago... It was nothing but RU ships used compared to the other nations...
    • 07 to their credit, did diversified on ship selection... Not to my (the viewer) level..
      • Note: I meant for the tourney as a whole. RU ships were chosen or picked %90 of the time,  not a particular match 07 won/participated in.

At the 25min mark, regarding  the KOTS take over management... My interpretation, WG will be a dictator but not at the onset... Then the sky is the limit, it's on like donkey kong, we own it now...JUST... Not from the start...

For once, I agree with WG... Deadeye should be activated from within the caps... HECK YEAH!!! Best idea for 2021 even if it was just a joke!

TNG @Boggzy Congrats on your evolution in the quality of the podcast... The difference is noticeable... 45 min flew by like a 20 min Random battle...

Edited by Navalpride33

[SALVO]
Members
26,102 posts
29,035 battles
4 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

Its the choice of what ships one wants to play against, not the choice of what ship the other player plays.

They're functionally the same thing.

• Meh 1

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
2 hours ago, Crucis said:

They're functionally the same thing.

No it isn’t. But if you say it is then so is your original comment regarding captain skill choice because that is often a consideration in what ship to play.

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
12,146 posts
9,079 battles
12 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

The companies stance on Kots

1. Fun to play
  2. Fun to view
    • I hope they put forth efforts in this area.. I put an idea in the KOTS discord to improve on how some improvements in the visuals, can increase viewership.
  3. Fun to participate.

We must hold them to those principles .... If not, its just words ( a diversion)...

The ship ban from my POV... Its because the root problem of WG products being OP/over-capable... It forces the player to diversify... Its not fun to see the same meta every tournament...

• Best example of this was 07 win a few years ago... It was nothing but RU ships used compared to the other nations...
    • 07 to their credit, did diversified on ship selection... Not to my (the viewer) level..

At the 25min mark on the KOTS take over management... My interpretation, WG will be a dictator but not at the onset... Then the sky is the limit, it's on like donkey kong, we own it now...

For once, I agree with WG... Deadeye should be activated from within the caps... HECK YEAH!!! Best idea for 2021 even if it was just a joke!

TNG @Boggzy Congrats on your evolution in the quality of the podcast... The difference is noticeable... 45 min flew by like a 20 min Random battle...

I would just like to point out that the win using almost all soviet ships (there was a mino as I recall) shouldnt be taken seriously. We had already won the event at that point, losing that particular match wouldnt have effected anything. The fact that we memed and still won should say more about the competence of the enemy team than anything else. 

[-Y-]
Members
843 posts
61 battles
14 hours ago, Borla78 said:

Conway was great to talk to, and before the podcast basically told us "let's just have a discussion about whatever you'd like to talk about".  Hopefully we can get him back after KotS.  

he is genuinely nice (which makes it a wonder he has survived so long)

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
12,637 posts
19,870 battles
1 hour ago, 1nv4d3rZ1m said:

I would just like to point out that the win using almost all soviet ships (there was a mino as I recall) shouldnt be taken seriously.

In context, I meant for the tournament as a whole... Not a particular match in-which, soviet ships were used EXTENSIVELY.

My apologies for any confusion..  *going to edit that part out.*

Edited by Navalpride33

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
825 posts
5,088 battles
20 hours ago, Crucis said:

And Deadeye being so powerful doesn't force me and other players to be more passive?

How about you just don't take the skill and stay back anyways, hmm? 

[SALVO]
Members
26,102 posts
29,035 battles
3 hours ago, PotatoMD said:

And Deadeye being so powerful doesn't force me and other players to be more passive?

How about you just don't take the skill and stay back anyways, hmm? 

The point is that WG recognizes that some players prefer a more snipey play style.  Hence, the Deadeye skill, which  rewords that playstyle.

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this