Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Italian BB Event Part 1 Progress Thread (PVE Thread)

80 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
13,398 posts
28,050 battles

Done Week 1. Well, did the 4 tasks that finished it. Still need to finish the extra 1 (BXP).

Week 1 was pretty easy.

week 1.jpg

• Cool 4

[CO-OP]
Members
2,781 posts
28,250 battles

Well done @AdmiralThunder.  All of the chains are do-able .  There are a couple of missions that suck (potential damage in week 2 and week 3, spotting damage in week 3, and 42.5 BXP in week 4.)  Although 450K spotting damage isn't a lot, the problem is getting in position to spot and having your team shoot at the target is the biggest issue.

[PVE]
Members
7,826 posts
23,766 battles
1 hour ago, HamptonRoads said:

Well done @AdmiralThunder.  All of the chains are do-able .  There are a couple of missions that suck (potential damage in week 2 and week 3, spotting damage in week 3, and 42.5 BXP in week 4.)  Although 450K spotting damage isn't a lot, the problem is getting in position to spot and having your team shoot at the target is the biggest issue.

I've found the problem on the spotting missions is forcing yourself to hold back from farming the damage yourself...

You're supposed to send those fish or target down the reds...not just look at them...right? LOL.

I had a DM I was spotting in my Gearing...just outside his radar range but had him spotted dead to rights camped on the side of an island w/80% of the team having a clear shot on him...

F3ed him to let everybody know..."Free kill w/nowhere to hide"...then I launched my torps from 10.5km away...& by the time they got there I got a full life dev strike on him (he wasn't even missing a scratch of HP)...

Didn't see even 1 shell go his way in all that time...

Think only 2 people fired at anything in that time (1 person suggested I should "GET BACK")

BTW... shouldn't you get spotting damage for ships that you are spotting when you damage them?

[CO-OP]
Members
2,781 posts
28,250 battles
42 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I've found the problem on the spotting missions is forcing yourself to hold back from farming the damage yourself...

You're supposed to send those fish or target down the reds...not just look at them...right? LOL.

I had a DM I was spotting in my Gearing...just outside his radar range but had him spotted dead to rights camped on the side of an island w/80% of the team having a clear shot on him...

F3ed him to let everybody know..."Free kill w/nowhere to hide"...then I launched my torps from 10.5km away...& by the time they got there I got a full life dev strike on him (he wasn't even missing a scratch of HP)...

Didn't see even 1 shell go his way in all that time...

Think only 2 people fired at anything in that time (1 person suggested I should "GET BACK")

BTW... shouldn't you get spotting damage for ships that you are spotting when you damage them?

Been there numerous times.  I've found the best thing to do is to rush the final ship (preferably a CV) and camp just outside of its secondary range.  With a CV you will at least rack up a bunch of plane kills to pad your XP

As for spotting your own damage, this would unfortunately give CVs a huge advantage.  Maybe if any damage you did after 60 seconds of continuous spotting to give players a chance to lock in and/or finishing whatever ships they were previously engaging.

[PVE]
Members
7,826 posts
23,766 battles
33 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Been there numerous times.  I've found the best thing to do is to rush the final ship (preferably a CV) and camp just outside of its secondary range.  With a CV you will at least rack up a bunch of plane kills to pad your XP

As for spotting your own damage, this would unfortunately give CVs a huge advantage.  Maybe if any damage you did after 60 seconds of continuous spotting to give players a chance to lock in and/or finishing whatever ships they were previously engaging.

I was only referring to ship to ship spotting... wasn't even thinking about planes spotting...can definitely see that being way too OP for the planes...

Plus I was being facetious anyway.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,781 posts
28,250 battles
2 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I was only referring to ship to ship spotting... wasn't even thinking about planes spotting...can definitely see that being way too OP for the planes...

Plus I was being facetious anyway.

I figured you weren't completely serious, but sometimes out of frustration you start to wonder "why not?"

[PVE]
Members
7,826 posts
23,766 battles
5 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

I figured you weren't completely serious, but sometimes out of frustration you start to wonder "why not?"

If implemented it would need to be a non interrupted spot from the time of launch to impact of ordinance (mains/toros/2nd/etc)...no smoking to break the spot after firing/launching...or firing from edge of spot range & ducking away before impact.

[WOLFG]
Members
11,750 posts
10,879 battles

From a quick glance, it didn't look like there were any ship type restrictions (other than the RM BB optional missions), so results pile up  for every game you play.

Welcome change.

Edited by DrHolmes52

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,995 posts
49,103 battles

One good way to get spotting damage is if you have smoke, lay it across to block everyones LOS and then go through the smoke to the red side so you can spot them.

Members
2 posts
13,656 battles

I'm working on it right now, and they are very doable. It's a nice change from the more impossible missions that have been seen in the past

[BUF]
Members
68 posts
6,587 battles
26 minutes ago, Patton5150 said:

One good way to get spotting damage is if you have smoke, lay it across to block everyones LOS and then go through the smoke to the red side so you can spot them.

Give this man a prize

[WOLF3]
Members
29,786 posts
25,727 battles

I was looking at the event tasks and saw that Operations is mostly pushed out of it.  Real "convenient" I think, considering Narai is the Op of the Week right now.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,132 posts
22,963 battles

Congrats Admiral.  I also just completed week 1.

On a sort of related side note, I was going to buy 2 random bundles today and I did.  Got nothing great.  But sitting in the third bundle was the Lapanto, which is now sitting in my fleet.  I am amazed at the moment.  I may have to go out and buy a lottery ticket.

[DVYJC]
Members
3,862 posts
9,677 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I was looking at the event tasks and saw that Operations is mostly pushed out of it.  Real "convenient" I think, considering Narai is the Op of the Week right now.

Yes but also this week is just really easy in terms of the directive. 12,500 BXP is the hardest one, and that one is kinda easy, especially since Ranked started again.

[WOLFG]
Members
11,750 posts
10,879 battles

6 games and done with stage 1.  Almost 5.  Still have BXP, but I have the rest of the patch to complete that.

[PVE]
Members
13,398 posts
28,050 battles

Week 2 done. Did all tasks for tokens.

Rough day so this was a good distraction. Lost my 11 year old Black Lab, Sadie last week and today her remains came back to the vet so I had to pick her up. Just was getting adjusted to her being gone and now a whole new wave of grief. :Smile_sad:

week 2.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[WOLF7]
Members
875 posts
16 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Rough day so this was a good distraction. Lost my 11 year old Black Lab, Sadie last week and today her remains came back to the vet so I had to pick her up. Just was getting adjusted to her being gone and now a whole new wave of grief. :Smile_sad:

week 2.jpg

Sorry for your loss, Admiral. I currently have cats, but I've had dogs and they really are family members. There's no human friend as loyal as a dog. All the time, I miss my yellow lab I lost 25 years ago. Take heart in knowing that it does get easier as time goes by. My personal belief is that our pets are here to help us get through those times that life is being so tough and we should be thankful for all the time we got to spend with them. 

Edited by HamAndCheez

[WOLF9]
Members
1,132 posts
22,963 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

week 2.jpg

I am so sorry for your loss @AdmiralThunder.  I had a black lab and he was the love of my life.  Sadly, tumors overran his body after only 3.5 years, and I had to put him down.  The day I got his remains home was one of the worst of my life.   I was so heartbroken, my son offered to get me any dog I wanted, no matter the cost.  He got me a chocolate lab (Nestle), then I got a rescue shephard/lab mix (Goldy), and now a catahula/lab mix (Graybeard).   I still remember Harpo, and enjoy my 3 doggies now more than anything.

As for the second directive, I got 3 of the 5 done.  I have about 50k of the 75k XP task done, and about 10 of the 13 million potential damage done.  I have been grinding DDs, so the potential damage one is kind of slow. 

[PVE]
Members
13,398 posts
28,050 battles
14 hours ago, HamAndCheez said:

Sorry for your loss, Admiral. I currently have cats, but I've had dogs and they really are family members. There's no human friend as loyal as a dog. All the time, I miss my yellow lab I lost 25 years ago. Take heart in knowing that it does get easier as time goes by. My personal belief is that our pets are here to help us get through those times that life is be so tough and we should be thankful for all the time we got to spend with them. 

12 hours ago, kyesac said:

I am so sorry for your loss @AdmiralThunder.  I had a black lab and he was the love of my life.  Sadly, tumors overran his body after only 3.5 years, and I had to put him down.  The day I got his remains home was one of the worst of my life.   I was so heartbroken, my son offered to get me any dog I wanted, no matter the cost.  He got me a chocolate lab (Nestle), then I got a rescue shephard/lab mix (Goldy), and now a catahula/lab mix (Graybeard).   I still remember Harpo, and enjoy my 3 doggies now more than anything.

As for the second directive, I got 3 of the 5 done.  I have about 50k of the 75k XP task done, and about 10 of the 13 million potential damage done.  I have been grinding DDs, so the potential damage one is kind of slow. 

:Smile_honoring:

[ARGSY]
Members
23,285 posts
17,234 battles
On 2/22/2021 at 6:17 PM, AdmiralThunder said:

Lost my 11 year old Black Lab, Sadie last week and today her remains came back to the vet so I had to pick her up.

:Smile_sad:

[CO-OP]
Members
2,051 posts
27,513 battles

@AdmiralThunder sympathies mate, my own indeterminate age (he was a rescue and acts like a puppy even though he is now grey faced) black lab, Oscar, is such a focus of ours that we will be lost when he goes. Fortunately he seems to be one of those dogs that never seems to have any medical issues whatsoever and just bounces around all the time. 

[PVE]
Members
13,398 posts
28,050 battles
3 hours ago, Efros said:

@AdmiralThunder sympathies mate, my own indeterminate age (he was a rescue and acts like a puppy even though he is now grey faced) black lab, Oscar, is such a focus of ours that we will be lost when he goes. Fortunately he seems to be one of those dogs that never seems to have any medical issues whatsoever and just bounces around all the time. 

Thanks.

That actually describes Sadie to a T. She was remarkably healthy her whole life with almost no Vet visits out side of a couple UTI's and some allergy issues. She went from 100% healthy to gone in a week. She got a tumor in her bladder that made it impossible for her to go pee so I had no choice. She was a constant ball of psycho energy at all times. People used to ask why my puppy had gray hair.

It is tough no question. Has darn near killed me.

I miss her and Thunder something fierce.

Thunder (1996-2009) & Sadie (2009-2021)

thunder.jpg

sadie.jpg

• Thanks 1

Members
423 posts
15,619 battles
On 2/22/2021 at 4:47 PM, AdmiralThunder said:

Lost my 11 year old Black Lab, Sadie last week

My deepest condolences to you and your family @Admiral_Thunder.  Losing a pet is very hard as they are a part of the family, and very loving companions.  May her soul bloom in eternal Spring on the other side of the rainbow bridge and as she plays with Thunder there.  

[PVE]
Members
13,398 posts
28,050 battles
44 minutes ago, chrisope said:

My deepest condolences to you and your family @Admiral_Thunder.  Losing a pet is very hard as they are a part of the family, and very loving companions.  May her soul bloom in eternal Spring on the other side of the rainbow bridge and as she plays with Thunder there.  

Thank you. She was my family. Not married and no kids. Very lonely now. 

• Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
2,051 posts
27,513 battles

You need a companion, a visit to a shelter in the future will help.

Sign in to follow this