Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chief_SeaDog

Whatsa Matter wit you Admin

10 comments in this topic

[SOCOM]
Members
664 posts
24,213 battles

Looking at the latest brain storm the Italian BBs. it would take 82,000 Coins for the tree. Now if you can win that many great, but if not how much is the most we can win if we get all the missions done ?Again I bet it is pay to win. If I have to buy coins to finish the BB missions then it is Pay to Win. By winning I am saying to complete all the missions just by playing, if not at least post the best we can expect just by playing.

[LOU1]
Members
4,249 posts
12,713 battles

You can get all of the ships for free, just like other tech tree ships.  The only reasons to use the tokens are to get them early and to get their upgrade modules for free.  And, WOWS is a business that has to earn money in order to provide the services they do.  It is up to us what we decide to spend our money on.

Edited by ExploratorOne
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[CCTV2]
Members
41 posts
10,052 battles

Does it matter?  Why pay for the game?  The game is just dying.  he active players number is dramatically decreased since new skill patch (30-36% so far on different steam report, wgc won't make a different.)

Forget about spending money and just enjoy the last  bit of the game, who knows how much longer can we play.

[ZZZZ]
Members
36 posts
8,204 battles
On 2/17/2021 at 9:56 AM, RipNuN2 said:

How is early access to tech tree ships PTW?

If they are better than currently available free options you could make an argument that any wins you get using them before they are freely available are wins that you payed for.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,922 posts
13 hours ago, Iceland_260 said:

If they are better than currently available free options you could make an argument that any wins you get using them before they are freely available are wins that you payed for.

you could argue that the guy with a faster pc paid more to win...

even if it didn't work...  

[D-H-O]
Beta Testers, Volunteer Moderator
317 posts
6,856 battles

It always cracks me up how "P2W" gets thrown around in WoWS. "Winning" is awfully subjective to more than just "one ship".   Potato teams still potato, even if you've got the best ship decked out to the hilt on that team.  I mean if you want to show me the ship that, CONSISTENTLY, carries 11 other bad players and wins with 100% win rate... then I'll buy into P2W, but that just doesn't happen.  Sure, the right ship IN THE RIGHT HANDS can be a force... but I've yet to see that "P2W" ship ever be released that practically guarantees a win to even the worst players.  Early release isn't P2W... as noted above it gives WG a chance to make a few bucks, gives something different for the player base to grind out if they want to push the missions... just something different.  The ships are balance just like they are when they are normally released so unless the overperform and need nerfed, it'll be the same for everyone no matter the ship.  

[D-H-O]
Beta Testers, Volunteer Moderator
317 posts
6,856 battles
On 2/20/2021 at 7:49 AM, ShinMazingerZERO said:

Does it matter?  Why pay for the game?  The game is just dying.  he active players number is dramatically decreased since new skill patch (30-36% so far on different steam report, wgc won't make a different.)

Forget about spending money and just enjoy the last  bit of the game, who knows how much longer can we play.

So, you're measuring by Steam metrics?  I'd be interested to know what percentage of the server population is from Steam, considering I've seen no lack of players on the server... I'm not saying your wrong, I just wondered if a drop in Steam members is making sizeable impact on the servers.  

Also, blaming a population decrease on an update or game mechanic change doesn't mean that's what makes it happen.  Sometimes it's outside stuff (like the winter storm that knocked out internet and power to a lot of people) or new games like Valheim, War on the Sea, etc. that players jump to for a while. 

Sign in to follow this