Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Arctander2

Say what ya want, but with Dead Eye WG absolutely rewards long range sniping.

23 comments in this topic

[FORM]
Members
309 posts
2,157 battles

This is the first (and probably last,) video I'll pass along from any CCs... they can do it themselves. And though I think he's right 99% of the time, I'm not a fan of Flambass, his arrogance is so off putting and tedious. But that doesn't mean he's wrong. And he's not. This clip has some off the scale sarcasm, but it really is what WG rewards in 10.0 in game play for BBs. I had a guy in a match yesterday who played exactly like he did there. Sat all the way back, didn't help the team other than just farming damage from range & safety. By the time he put his HP into play the match was already over and we ended up losing. Of course, he was still top on the tree for XP. Sadly, sitting back toward the base line and sniping is what WG rewards the most.

I'm titling this line "Snark level goes to 11"

• Cool 3
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[STAR3]
Members
166 posts
11,542 battles

Fella, dont rage about that, if you dont like the new meta just do like me and quit the game. Dont try to change the unchangeble, dont waste your sanity with large companies that focus on profit. I started on open beta and struggled to accept too, but that's the way WG wants and promotes, if you dont like just quit there are tons os games to play out there.

• Cool 1

[FORM]
Members
309 posts
2,157 battles
7 minutes ago, xLutherx said:

Fella, dont rage about that, if you dont like the new meta just do like me and quit the game. Dont try to change the unchangeble, dont waste your sanity with large companies that focus on profit. I started on open beta and struggled to accept too, but that's the way WG wants and promotes, if you dont like just quit there are tons os games to play out there.

Promise, this isn't wasting my sanity. And if I didn't see enormous potential for the game then I wouldn't bother posting.

Why someone like yourself who has quit is posting, THAT is something I don't understand.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 2

[STAR3]
Members
166 posts
11,542 battles

Because I had the same line of thought, back in 2018 when the game started turning the other way around, I too, thought "this game has potential" "if I expose my thoughts, I'm sure they'll change"  "there are a lot of unsatisfied players I'm sure WG will listen". And here we are in 2021 everything is worsening by the day. I'm posting because I see a lot of players thinking that they will change something, and they wont, trying to save their time and sanity.

• Cool 1

[STAR3]
Members
166 posts
11,542 battles

Dont get me wrong, I love the concept of the game, I love how well made the designs are and sound effects. I love the arcady system of the game. I still watch streams on regular basis, but WG does not care, so I wont throw my time and money at them anymore. *shrug*

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles
1 hour ago, Arctander2 said:

Flambass, his arrogance is so off putting and tedious. But that doesn't mean he's wrong. And he's not.==> I disagree...

Flambass is notorious for raging for views... He is not the only one... A short list off the top of my head includes

• Flambass
  • Notser
  • Ichase
    • His viewers gave him an amusing "nick" because he complained/ raged so much since 0.8.0
  • NoZoupforyou
  • Flamu...

The ones who dont rage for views and really do decent to great content... Are the small channels..

The passive meta has been around for years... Deadeye haven't changed it... In fact, as soon as people lose matches because they actually need to aim... Deadeye will fall on the weigh side.

. For now, its a temporary meta... Even if deadeye was removed tomorrow... BBs can STILL delete ships from 2 caps away at high tiers...

Instead of gaslighting the skill, why not say "we need to nerf high caliber AP???Its not going to happen, WG knows it... The consumer like huge explosions by big guns..

That to me, is the big issue... Not the skill.

If people stop watching WOWS, Flambass can't pay his bills...

If they don;t rage for views... No raise in their incomes...

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 6

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

it used to be that RNG with dispersion meant bad shots would still get hits and good shots could still miss...

that's pre DE

post DE

are bad shots still getting hits? doing as much damage as before or less?

I'd think this change means the good shots are doing more and the bad shots are doing less...

[NAVAL]
[NAVAL]
Members
239 posts
13,802 battles

the ones who don't rage still say the same thing.. the 10.0 commander rework is total garbage and bad for the game.. what's WG say about? not a DAMN thing. ever. So those of us who stopped playing keep checking in to see if WG will ever address anything related to 10.0 and guess what? nothing. absolutely nothing. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

Regardless of the real mechanical effect Deadeye has or does not have...  it has the player-side effect of encouraging bad play by giving the impression of increased accuracy at very long range, and an activation condition that encourages camping at max range.. 

• Meh 1

[FORM]
Members
309 posts
2,157 battles
28 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

The passive meta has been around for years... Deadeye haven't changed it.

It's worse since 10.0 and DE is only part of it. And you're entitled to your opinion, but you're wrong if you deny it.

233826868_wrongness400.gif.8728d4548db661459c154a2075f2ccb9.gif

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,378 posts
17,307 battles

"WG rewards people for sitting back and sniping!"

"My BBs sat back and sniped and we lost as a result!"

Does anyone else see the inconsistency here?

18 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

and an activation condition that encourages camping at max range.. 

A good player with Deadeye will push in and let the skill drop when the situation demands it. The player who stays at range when the situation demands pushing is just a godawful player. 

Deadeye is most effective on spotted targets JUST outside your standard detection range. Anybody who uses it as a justification to sit at max range is just a godawful player.

Stop blaming WG and stop blaming the skill. Put the blame where it :etc_swear: belongs, behind the :etc_swear: keyboard.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 2

[FORM]
Members
309 posts
2,157 battles
23 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I guess my point wasn't clear for you, he got top XP on the team, that's the obvious "reward" for doing what he did.

[B_Y_F]
Members
683 posts
15,408 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

Flambass is notorious for raging for views... He is not the only one... A short list off the top of my head includes

• Flambass
  • Notser
  • Ichase
    • His viewers gave him an amusing "nick" because he complained/ raged so much since 0.8.0
  • NoZoupforyou
  • Flamu...

The ones who dont rage for views and really do decent to great content... Are the small channels..

One Black swan shows up, only an accident. Tens of black swans show up again and again, better look at the environment. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
2,069 posts
12,694 battles
49 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You're assuming winning is the reward. Did you notice he was top of the scoreboard?

[2020]
Members
157 posts
4,208 battles

Snipe until your DD win or dead, then you keep on sniping or wait to get sniped, in the dead eye silence.....

Alpha Tester
552 posts
11,080 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

A good player with Deadeye will push in and let the skill drop when the situation demands it. The player who stays at range when the situation demands pushing is just a godawful player. 

Deadeye is most effective on spotted targets JUST outside your standard detection range. Anybody who uses it as a justification to sit at max range is just a godawful player.

Stop blaming WG and stop blaming the skill. Put the blame where it :etc_swear: belongs, behind the :etc_swear: keyboard.

The BB camping at C2 and never moving an inch is regularly able to be at the top of the scoreboard, negating this argument entirely.

• Cool 1

[CAAT]
Members
1,029 posts
4,625 battles
5 hours ago, xLutherx said:

if you dont like the new meta just do like me and quit the game. Dont try to change the unchangeble

Me personally, I'm still gonna advocate for the changes that I feel need to be changed. Buff to secondaries accuracy via buffing Improved Secondary Battery aiming to -50%, change how Grease The Gears applies its buff, and change Dead Eye in some fashion, probably the condition. Oh, and California still needs her 30s reload, don't think I've forgotten, Wargaming :P

Edited by SaiIor_Moon
  • Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,853 posts
25,782 battles
4 hours ago, SKurj said:

it used to be that RNG with dispersion meant bad shots would still get hits and good shots could still miss...

that's pre DE

post DE

are bad shots still getting hits? doing as much damage as before or less?

I'd think this change means the good shots are doing more and the bad shots are doing less...

That's the thing with BB dispersion.  It's not cut & dry.

If you are a player that actually has good aim, then you really want the High Sigma, high accuracy BBs.

If you are a player that has "meh" aim, then you want Shotgun BBs.

I know an example of this going on, something that started even at the game's launch:  IJN Battleships Tier VI Fuso and VII Nagato.

VI Fuso is a terrible Sigma BB, 1.5 even, but she's well loved, a highlight ship of the IJN BB Line.  Her reload is fast for the tier and has great range, but she throws 12 shells.  She's an extremely forgiving Battleship because she throws out so many shells.  If your aim was anywhere within the realm of decency, then you can expect a hit or two at the very least.

VII Nagato?  2.0 Sigma BB but she only has 8 rifles.  Here is where things get interesting.  Some IJN BB players loved her, some hate her.  I'm convinced that the guys that depended on the Fuso Shotgun, now having moved onto Nagato that requires good aim, were now struggling and didn't like her.  If you were the type of player with good aim, you were probably just fine with Nagato.

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles
6 hours ago, Arctander2 said:

It's worse since 10.0 and DE is only part of it. And you're entitled to your opinion, but you're wrong if you deny it.

Its not worse, its the same since patch 0.8.0... People will adapt when their WR will fall. Its a basic observation...

• If two sides are using deadeye, only one side will win...

The only ones who benefited, are the ones with good aim.

Dont take my opinion that is backed up by math and observation... The smaller channels who dont rage for views are stating the same thing.

• Boring 3

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles
5 hours ago, sapient007 said:

Tens of black swans show up again and again, better look at the environment. 

I look at motives... Its clear to me (maybe not to you or the others) based on precedent... The "black swans" are acting this way for a reason...

Many have disagreed in a professional manner with WG.. They dont care how much views is made by disagreeing... Few examples are.

• Lord Zath
  • Mighty Jingles

Just to name a few... They make the same compelling points and arguments without the rage and the flare for the dramatics.

The ones I stated, got bigger viewership because of the tactic of "Raging for views" to increase their income.... This behavior has gotten so old and common place with the "black swans." I can time it to every quarter, they will release a rage video to maintain their numbers from dropping.

It is what it is... Que sera, sera... I disagree with the "raging for views" tactic, but for each man his own.

• Meh 1

[CDOH]
Members
782 posts
8,219 battles
9 hours ago, Weapon_of_Proliferation said:

The game sucks colon now.

Its hard to suck on a Colon but Donkey balls on the other hand. 

Sign in to follow this