You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Twitch Drops Changes in 0.10.1

41 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,585 posts
15,111 battles

Discover what's new in the Twitch Drops system and how you can get free loot just for watching streams!

Read it on the portal

Banned
1,424 posts
6,083 battles

I am not sure whether I don't feel anything, considering I've never gotten a good drop as it probably didn't exist in the first place, or feel that the incentive has been lost completely.

• Cool 3
  • Haha 1

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles

Spreadsheet said too many rewards given out?

Says theyres 4 types of drops but i only see one purple box with one reward. What are the other 3?

[LOU1]
Members
4,249 posts
12,713 battles
30 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Spreadsheet said too many rewards given out?

Says theyres 4 types of drops but i only see one purple box with one reward. What are the other 3?

"There are three types of Twitch Drops for World of Warships."

Official Channel Drops

Twitch Drops

Twitch Challenges

[EASY]
[EASY]
Members
106 posts

So glad I got the T4 Italian battleship for being a valued Prime Gaming player, just so i could buy it again, no way around it when early access came out --- thanks for the special gift ship WG -- great planning on your part as is the norm.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

[AZUR1]
Members
193 posts
4,563 battles

Alright, since Epic drop is gone, another form of "good drop" should come out.

How about some perm camos? (Ex: +75%XP,+25% credits, - 50% service fee, etc) for 15hr watching? 

Make this camo for low tire only, so no sale loss in T9 or T10 camo market. Considering that no one would buy a 50%XP camo unless it has a fancy drawing.

[SOBA6]
Members
281 posts

When does the new interface start? I'm watching a livestream right now and I'm not seeing a progress bar. Do I need to enable it somehow? 

[SSN]
Supertester
341 posts
17,110 battles
39 minutes ago, Lord_Argus said:

When does the new interface start?

Unless I've misread the news, it might be tomorrow?

Twitch rewards

On the first Thursday of the update, all three types of rewards become available and remain claimable for a full week, until they are refreshed the following Thursday.

[SOBA6]
Members
281 posts
3 minutes ago, IsThatreallyTheplan said:

Unless I've misread the news, it might be tomorrow?

Twitch rewards

On the first Thursday of the update, all three types of rewards become available and remain claimable for a full week, until they are refreshed the following Thursday.

Thanks, I got my days mixed up. I thought today was Thursday for some reason lol this is what happens when you work nights and you start to forget the days of the week

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts

I really don't care about sleek and informative ... and wonder why it's deemed more comfortable to have to claim the prize versus having it just drop?

implementation of a new sleek, comfortable, and informative UI.

... and this sounds really "sleek" ...

If you receive a drop while you're logged in to World of Warships, you'll need to log out and log back in, or to restart the game.

Think I'll just opt out and not worry about it anymore.  I guess this a Twitch, not WG change ... tell 'em it's got 1 vote for a fail.

I'll just play the game, not jump thru Twitch hoops.  Thanks

edit:

unlink.jpg

Edited by DocWalker
  • Cool 1

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
4 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

"There are three types of Twitch Drops for World of Warships."

Official Channel Drops

Twitch Drops

Twitch Challenges

At best sounds like 2 Twitch drops and 1 mission drop. Cause i dont care where the purple crate comes from, it is the drop. And a mission chain i dont consider as a drop, it’s a mission....

Edited by monpetitloup
  • Sad 1

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,453 posts
20,660 battles

I have no plan on caring about twitch drops anymore. Too many hoops to jump through for 3 camos. 

• Cool 2

[K-POP]
Members
4,851 posts
13,468 battles
5 hours ago, DocWalker said:

I really don't care about sleek and informative ... and wonder why it's deemed more comfortable to have to claim the prize versus having it just drop?

implementation of a new sleek, comfortable, and informative UI.

... and this sounds really "sleek" ...

If you receive a drop while you're logged in to World of Warships, you'll need to log out and log back in, or to restart the game.

Think I'll just opt out and not worry about it anymore.  I guess this a Twitch, not WG change ... tell 'em it's got 1 vote for a fail.

I'll just play the game, not jump thru Twitch hoops.  Thanks

edit:

unlink.jpg

Agreed, and from the description and screenshots, it seems like you only get the progress bar on desktop, and have to be on desktop to claim. I know there are some people that watch streams on their smart TVs (including at least one that posted on the reddit thread for this change), and I (and probably many others) watch streams on mobile devices like tablets and phones. Which means, if the rewards need to be claimed on desktop, there’s potentially a large part of the playerbase that now may not be able to get their drops. 

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
20 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Agreed, and from the description and screenshots, it seems like you only get the progress bar on desktop, and have to be on desktop to claim. I know there are some people that watch streams on their smart TVs (including at least one that posted on the reddit thread for this change), and I (and probably many others) watch streams on mobile devices like tablets and phones. Which means, if the rewards need to be claimed on desktop, there’s potentially a large part of the playerbase that now may not be able to get their drops. 

Hadn't even thought of that aspect ... the "rewards" aren't enough to be concerned about ... but it's the streamers who will probably be impacted most.  I heard one say this morning that when Twitch drops had stopped once before his viewership dropped by 40%.  That's crazy, but just shows there are those who only click on a stream for the rewards, regardless of how small they may be.

[WPP]
[WPP]
Members
18 posts
7,290 battles
17 hours ago, 504_RedDevil said:

So glad I got the T4 Italian battleship for being a valued Prime Gaming player, just so i could buy it again, no way around it when early access came out --- thanks for the special gift ship WG -- great planning on your part as is the norm.

Yep! Some brilliant work there by the planners.

• Thanks 1

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,731 posts
21,167 battles

How come I am not seeing the new interface from the inventory? As I understand the release, we now got to work at getting stream treats? Maybe its time to let the stream watching go.

[LF]
Members
255 posts

I am watching the "official" World of Warships stream with Mr. Conway. They are speaking German.

I don't see any progress bar. Where is this thing suppose to appear?

[RVNHQ]
Members
382 posts
11,316 battles

If anyone is wondering you can check your Twitch drop status by clicking on your user icon at the top right.

twitchdrop.PNG

• Cool 2

[NSS]
Members
6 posts
2,576 battles

OK so i use to have Twitch drops working. Have disconnected and reconnected account multiple times (last show 1/26) and on twitch shows last drop 2 months ago. Who or where do i put a ticket in for twitch not working.

Drops you have received are accessed within their corresponding games. Log into the game to experience your new content. You may have a limited time to redeem your Drops, so log in soon after receiving them. You can manage your connections here. Learn more about Drops.

Linked social networks:

TwitchTwitch

Edited by Pitmaster69
More info posted

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
On 2/17/2021 at 3:00 PM, Hapa_Fodder said:

Discover what's new in the Twitch Drops system and how you can get free loot just for watching streams!

Read it on the portal

does the change mean we have to watch 1h nonstoP?

i was just in a stream and was at 80_% to drop then went back and was at 20. the stream stopped. am i punished becasue the streamer leaves?

[WG]
4,585 posts
15,111 battles
1 minute ago, monpetitloup said:

does the change mean we have to watch 1h nonstoP?

i was just in a stream and was at 80_% to drop then went back and was at 20. the stream stopped. am i punished becasue the streamer leaves?

As far as I know, it is still accumulative like before. Lemme double check.

-Hapa

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
19 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

As far as I know, it is still accumulative like before. Lemme double check.

-Hapa

Thanks Hapa! It’s perfectly possible I misread but that’s what I thought i saw.

[WG]
4,585 posts
15,111 battles
10 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Thanks Hapa! It’s perfectly possible I misread but that’s what I thought i saw.

No worries, I can't find it in the text, I'll have an answer for you first thing in the AM. As far as I know, the timeframe mechanic has not changed though.

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[CRF]
Members
977 posts
8,966 battles

It really sucketh that the Stream missions for obtaining Italian Tokens once again excludes Co-op players.  they are really trying to drive us from the game...

• Cool 2