Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Saxxonknight

Premature game updating

8 comments in this topic

[SXXKT]
Members
54 posts
4,124 battles

The servers aren't due to go down for another 5 hours.  But my game is force patched now...  I cannot login before the servers will go down from this machine as the connection is too slow.  I can't go home where it would complete quickly.

But after grinding mission to get the Hizen, and having a couple phases to complete with dubloons, I will be way pissed if this pre-patch idiocy means I lose the ship after all the grind simply because you can't force patch AFTER the servers go down.  Really poor customer care there.

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,801 posts
12,586 battles

You should be able to launch executable game from the folder directly.

C:\Warships\bin\3343484

I believe it's version 3343484.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
7,852 posts
23,816 battles
11 hours ago, Compassghost said:

You should be able to launch executable game from the folder directly.

C:\Warships\bin\3343484

I believe it's version 3343484.

(Edit: This wasn't intended to be an attack to Compassghost & it did come off sounding like I was saying, "you must be in agreement just because there's a solution"...my bad in the wording on that point).

I think the point is this shouldn't be necessary...if it's not a bug it needs to be treated as one & this should stop...

What's the point of shutting down the game for an update in the 11th hour of a patch cycle while everybody is trying to complete the last minute grinds instead of just having it install after it updates like it used to before the WGC was force fed up our arses...

& this is somehow promoted as "more convenient"...

Going into the files directory to dig out a file is not more convenient than just double clicking the icon & then hitting the play button.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles
3 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I think the point is this shouldn't be necessary...if it's not a bug it needs to be tested as one & this should stop...

What's the point of shutting down the game for an update in the 11th hour of a patch cycle while everybody is trying to complete the last minute grinds instead of just having it install after it updates line it used to before the WGC was force fed up our arses...

Going into the files directory to dig out a file is not more convenient than just double checking the icon & then hitting the play button.

The game have been a little weird tonight... I think the change is because of outside forces out of the server managers control, instead of something that is routine.

6,801 posts
12,586 battles
6 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I think the point is this shouldn't be necessary...if it's not a bug it needs to be tested as one & this should stop...

What's the point of shutting down the game for an update in the 11th hour of a patch cycle while everybody is trying to complete the last minute grinds instead of just having it install after it updates line it used to before the WGC was force fed up our arses...

Going into the files directory to dig out a file is not more convenient than just double checking the icon & then hitting the play button.

I’m here to provide him an ability to play the game, because a fix 2 weeks or two months down the road will not let him finish his Hizen mission which he needed to do within two hours. 

[PVE]
Members
7,852 posts
23,816 battles
1 hour ago, Compassghost said:

I’m here to provide him an ability to play the game, because a fix 2 weeks or two months down the road will not let him finish his Hizen mission which he needed to do within two hours. 

Sorry that wasn't meant as a personal attack & that was cool of you to give him a solution...should have acknowledged that before...my bad.

6,801 posts
12,586 battles
22 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Sorry that wasn't meant as a personal attack & that was cool of you to give him a solution...should have acknowledged that before...my bad. 

No worries. Hopefully the launcher will be updated to address this issue.

Sign in to follow this