You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
EvilWookiee

NA server/game client connection issues

3 comments in this topic

[VAS]
Members
3 posts
8,568 battles

First, I hope everyone down there in Texas is doing OK with the wild weather. 

Second, is the aforementioned weather impacting server performance? I have only been able to connect to the game intermittently for the last few days. I have done multiple re-installs and the login/game loading process is taking upwards of 10 minutes each time. Any help in identifying the cause would be much appreciated. 

Thanks.

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles
5 minutes ago, EvilWookiee said:

First, I hope everyone down there in Texas is doing OK with the wild weather. 

Second, is the aforementioned weather impacting server performance? I have only been able to connect to the game intermittently for the last few days. I have done multiple re-installs and the login/game loading process is taking upwards of 10 minutes each time. Any help in identifying the cause would be much appreciated. 

Thanks.

Check this thread and see if it helps...

Members
4,098 posts
44,123 battles

It would seem this Valentine's Day weekend made the winter ❄️ storm disrupt all kinds of connections. 

I am not sure how it goes out there in the other lands flowing with milk and honey, but here in the frozen tundra of the new home of Frost Giants here in Texas, Net is down across the board because power has been turned off nearly everywhere. Unless you can bounce it off a satellite from Elon's company, you are probably going to be unable to route through Texas. Net is a no go zone here.

So long as your ISP has power and doesn't have to go through a state that is affected by a power outage, then you should get reliable internet.

But it is also a case of consumer supply and demand. Retail ISP can take advantage of natural disasters and try to upsell faster service by artificially suggesting that service is affected by infrastructure and location.

But if the consumer doesn't do their homework, they can get ripped off.

In the USA it's the FCC website that can tell you where, who, and what ISP providers can offer in your area. The FCC can even handle complaints if a consumer is in an isolated area with an ISP Monopoly.

The consumer does have rights and that includes getting quality internet and customer service at a reasonable price that is in a competitive market.

Should your rights be infringed, the consumer can file a complaint and resolve it with the ISP under the full pressure and authority of the FCC.

The FCC upon finding various violations can and will take action against any ISP for wrongdoing. Especially, throttling down, poor customer service, failure to maintain infrastructure maintenance, etc.

Such penalties can be severe including loss of operating license in that state or even loss of frequency bandwidth rights. Such penalties can be awarded to a competitor in a ruling and the consumer that was infringed can receive just compensation.

Check out the site. It is very informative and will help you make informed decisions.

After all Internet communication is important to your place of residence and the occupation as your means to interact with the media around the world.