You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Arkc

I just got my first Tier X and it will be my last one.

96 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts
1,382 battles

Well, where do I even start? I think we should start from the end, the main reason of this topic. I got my Tier X , it was a Shimakaze and I dont feel rewarded, You know, Im not talking about the ship performance, Im talking about the loots, the rewards that you earn when you play a battle. Since I got my Shimakaze, most of my battles I had to pay for play them, literally how its wroted, I payed to play most of my Shimakaze battles, like, the 13 first and maybe the last ones. The thing is, I don't feel like it was worth to play so many battles to get my Tier X. I don't feel rewarded due my efforts, it did not meet my expectations, I dont know how more words I can use to manifest my disappoitment and my frustration. My disappoitment is immesurable and my day is ruined. Memes apart, the real thing its like I said: I'm desappointed and frustrated. Now on, I'm considering to expent some money, and buy a camo to help me save some credits in game, since I don't wanna feel even more frustrated to know that I possibly wasted time farmming my Shimakaze. But, should I? Should I really expent money with every Tier X that I get just to play it? WG, tell me, It should be like that? Give me a reason WG, cuz I have to say: i'm brazilian and thing's here probably are more expensive. We pay arround 5x times more just  cuz we use Brazil currency, I dont know if the same math applies here, but, to get the cheapest Shima camo, JUST THE CAMO, you have to pay 40 Brazil currency. Imagine pay 40 dolars to buy a Shima camo. I don't really think that you guys, pay the same price, no one it's crazy enough to expent 40 dolars in the CHEAPEST CAMO, is it? And I'm not saying that the prices should be the same, Brazil problems for brazilians deal with, WG has nothing with it.  The experience of play in Tier X should be that? Is that the experience that you want your players have to?

I know that probably the ones who read this will not be developers, so do not sorry for it, I know its not your fault.

I'm a totally "free to play" player, never ever did expend money in this game, and, you know, I feel like I can't plat freely anymore.  Im not such a good player, I have to say. I actually have something like 50% win rate in my main DD's, and something like 30k damage average. Its not a bad win rate, but  its a awful damage, I know, But I swear that I do my best.

Iwasnotlying.png

Edited by Arkc
Typing Errors
  • Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,684 posts
10,069 battles

Shimakaze suffered quite a bit after the carrier rework. Increase in the number of radars, especially 12km ones and on Smaland hasn’t been kind to her either. I personally never play mine anymore, despite her being my favorite ship until 2019.

As for the fact that playing high-tier tech tree ships makes you lose credits unless you put in real money one way or another, or have extremely good games — things have always been this way.

• Cool 6
  • Meh 1

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,795 posts
12,536 battles

If you don't have fun playing a ship, putting camo on it doesn't make it fun to play. Shimakaze is not a ship I would describe as naturally fun to play simply because it can be shut down very easily by carriers and destroyer hunters.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
8,746 posts

I really like playing my shima.  Shima, Somers and Benham are some of my favorite DDs.

• Cool 3

Members
4 posts
1,382 battles

But, despite the shima performance, it's normal to sometimes do not earn any credits in a battle? I dont have premium, by the way.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
1,144 posts
9,607 battles

If you don't feel rewarded with a T10, chances are good that adding a $30-$40 permanent camo to it will not change that.

There is no need to play at T10. For free to play I recommend saving coal for ships from the armory for high tier premium ships and you can keep playing your middle tier tech tree ships that you enjoy.

• Cool 6

[JHF]
[JHF]
Members
298 posts
5,077 battles

You can always practice in Co OP.  Should make some profit there, though not as much as randoms, but until you can start dishing out damage you make anything in a tier 10.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 5

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,795 posts
12,536 battles

You will not make any money playing Shimakaze in Coop without Premium. Shimakaze will likely lose money in Randoms as well unless you do very well consistently or you run a high eco camo.

Edited by Compassghost
  • Cool 4

[A-D-F]
8,746 posts
13 minutes ago, Arkc said:

But, despite the shima performance, it's normal to sometimes do not earn any credits in a battle? I dont have premium, by the way.

With T10 ships, you either need premium time/a good camo, or you need to preform very well in the match, to make credits.  This is normal and is the case with all T10 ships and to a lessor extent, T9 ships as well.

[A-D-F]
8,746 posts

For what it's worth, T10 premium camos in US Dollars are about $20.  I did a google search and google says that $20 USD is 107.41 Brazilian Real. That means that picture that says you can get it for 39 BR, is about $7 USD. 

Pretty darned good deal you have there.

• Cool 2

Members
4 posts
1,382 battles
2 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

For what it's worth, T10 premium camos in US Dollars are about $20.  I did a google search and google says that $20 USD is 107.41 Brazilian Real. That means that picture that says you can get it for 39 BR, is about $7 USD. 

Pretty darned good deal you have there.

Can I sell camos in the game? It really seems a good deal lol.

Members
23 posts
4,447 battles

Friendly advice...... The absolute best value in this game for a player like you is to invest in some premium time. A camo or a premium ship is nice, but you can earn that stuff at lower tiers for free if you play well and long enough (Coal, steel, etc). Premium time will help you out during every match you play on every ship you play.

• Cool 5

[A-D-F]
8,746 posts
5 minutes ago, Arkc said:

You can sell them for credits, but I don't advise ever selling things you paid real money for, for credits.

Anyway, I understand there might be differences in average income etc, but in a straight currency conversion, you paying over 50% less than we in the US are.

• Meh 1

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts

I play my Shima all the time.  Her gunz surprise DD hunters once in a while when I am ready for them.  Those torps have been responsible for MANY first kills and Dev Strikes.

Don't know what she was like back before the CV work but it is still a ton of fun for me.

Like everyone has said. you have to play good rounds for sure but if you invest in Prem you will find a whole new world of fun.

I play over 80% T10 

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Cool 1

Members
1,164 posts
1,669 battles
9 minutes ago, Arkc said:

You can sell camos, flags, and modules you've upgraded past if you click your username, then move down & click "Inventory."

• Cool 1

Members
4 posts
1,382 battles

Well, thank you guys for the tips, I will look for some premium time, and I will get better at my Shima. Guess that's the only way.

• Cool 3

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,262 posts
12,187 battles
38 minutes ago, MasterDiggs said:

$30-$40 permanent camo

What is this you just trying to make a point where is there a 40 dollar camo ?

[SYN]
Members
318 posts
12,891 battles

Hey @Arkc, I've been here 4/5 years now,(average player) I'm not a big fan of T9-T10  Battles either, the "economy" hit me in the face when I 1st started playing hi-tier too, also there are many of us at T10 with maxed -out (19-21) captains on all of our T10's and don't forget Special Captains & Unique Upgrades,  I personally have more fun playing Tiers 5, 6, 7 with tier 7 my favorite... maybe drop back down and build-up credits, exp, captain skills, etc.?  anyway good luck M8 - 

• Cool 2

Members
23 posts
4,447 battles

Shima tips? Be aware of which ships have radar, planes and have an escape route. Play nice and cagey, but you outspot everything so stay patient and in the pocket and always try to be in the position that your opponents wouldn't want you to be. Your guns reload slow, but they hit like a sock full of bricks, lots of shima players forget about them but if you shoot, you should be already turned away with a smoke at the ready to break contact since you can't hold up a sustained gunfight with anyone.. Watch some videos online and see how best you like to play with it.

Most important thing ever.......learn to be patient. Good hunting.

• Cool 1

[BB_B]
Members
87 posts
1,014 battles

I've got 5 tier 10's and I only use them for clan battles.  Not my preferred level to play.  I usually stick to tier 5-8 for the campaigns.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
10,910 posts
18,866 battles

Tier 10's are great for snowflake events, Clan, Ranked and Co op battles but not for Randoms.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,459 posts
13,117 battles

Shimakaze isn't a good first tier 10. She's never been the most flexible DD. 

As far as tier 10's losing money, it's not uncommon without premium time, premium camos, signals, ect... Just save up doubloons, maybe buy a few yourself and get the camo. You can wait for certain events, Shimakaze has a few event camo's, unlike some of the other tier 10's (the Sci-fi camo is nice, I think there's a few others.)

Another option is just letting other other ships fund her outings. Get some lower tier coal or steel ships and let them earn the credits to makeup for what you spend on the sports car.

There's also nothing wrong with not liking tier 10 play, I haven't liked it much since launch. Too campy for my tastes, you get more people trying to do things at tier 8, and that keeps it more fun. Kinda like playing DD-less games, and seeing everyone try and do things they aren't used to (like watching BB and cruisers capping, seeing big armored brawls because there can't be a sneaky DD hiding behind the next island, ect...)

• Cool 1

[NWO-1]
Members
210 posts
4,502 battles

This post highlights the reasons that I am in no hurry to get a T10 tech tree ship. I am just fine in T6-T8.

• Cool 1

[WAIFU]
Members
883 posts
11,551 battles

you could get away being free player when there wasnt powercreep but now you really want a good ship or need premium to grind hard enough for stuff