Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
EAG711

Whats with the long installations?

9 comments in this topic

[NSS]
Members
26 posts
1,848 battles

A 3gb update downloaded in less than 5 mins, but took over an hour on the installation alone? my games update super quick on all other games except this one, hows this possible?

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles
1 minute ago, EAG711 said:

A 3gb update downloaded in less than 5 mins, but took over an hour on the installation alone? my games update super quick on all other games except this one, hows this possible?

Installation is a CPU issue not a connection issue... I suggest right off the bat... Basic CPU maintenance procedures...

I would also update/install correctly your drivers for

• CPU
  • Bios
    • If its due and its new...
  • Windows

I would start there...

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,824 posts
4,285 battles

Yeah, an hour isn't right. I patched in about 10 minutes today. Something is seriously slowing down your computer.

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles
Just now, AJTP89 said:

Yeah, an hour isn't right. I patched in about 10 minutes today. Something is seriously slowing down your computer.

He could have a cable modem AJ... I've seen a lot of users having connection issues with that particular service lately..

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,824 posts
4,285 battles
13 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

He could have a cable modem AJ... I've seen a lot of users having connection issues with that particular service lately..

Yeah but he said the download was fine, it was the install which took forever. WGC can really bog down a computer sometimes, but it shouldn't do it that much. Unless it was still downloading as well, in which case yeah, the storm is causing a lot of internet issues.

Members
973 posts
4,163 battles

Mine takes over an hour as well.  It has taken that long for many update cycles and my last two computers to date, and after installing the WG Center executable.  In my case it seems to be due to the fact that the game is installed on a internal disk hard drive rather than SSD.  Downloads are fast, within minutes, it just takes forever to install.  HDD just runs at 100% for the full install period, roughly an hour.  Maybe the game is mad that I use my limited SSD space for the OS and less bulky games, or maybe it's just nosy and wants to read the rest of the drive, or maybe I've just had a string of bad luck with 1TB hard drives.  Don't know, I'm just used to installing the updates during household chores, and chalk it up to another recent "feature" of the game.

[SXXKT]
Members
54 posts
4,124 battles

I am on a laptop via cell, just the download takes hours.  My home machine it goes very fast. What is most annoying is I had a couple phases to go to get the Hizen, was going to complete with dubloons, but despite the server going down for patch in 5 hours, its forcing the [edited]update now, which means I cannot log in, and will have wasted all the mission grind.  Again, not the first time WG has [edited] their clients like this.  Server down at 2am PT, means don't patch my damned game till after because just maybe I planned to play till then.

[PVE]
Members
7,858 posts
23,833 battles
1 hour ago, Saxxonknight said:

Server down at 2am PT, means don't patch my damned game till after because just maybe I planned to play till then.

I'm one of the lucky ones that it only took 10 minutes...but for every moment of those 10 minutes that is EXACTLY what I was thinking... didn't have this issue w/the old launcher...thank you WG for forcing this POS Game Center on us.

Took the same 10 minutes before w/the old launcher...but it was after the update & the last minute grinds were over instead of delaying them for no reason at all... now we get this [edited]<---Bovine Excrement...while labeling it "More Convenient".

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1

Members
4,081 posts
44,091 battles

You can get a really affordable 1 TB SSD in the 2.5 form factor and just put WG on that. And leave mechanical drive for storage only.

I recommend WD Black. While the warranty is good, and the market is forcing folks to get the nvme form factor instead, this one has a price that keeps falling.

Windows has its own ssd software built in with 10, but if you got the free 7-10 upgrade a few years back then you have two hard drive softwares active and only should have one.

The windows 7 disk management should be removed if you already have the windows 10 hd/ssd software. I can't remember the name, but you can check the Microsoft site support for details.

If you run both at same time, they will slow down your processor during everything. Especially installs.

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman

Sign in to follow this