Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
mcgibe

Unable to download the update and the game

14 comments in this topic

[KENT]
Members
409 posts
7,044 battles

Before I start, I have tried restarting my computer, restarting the game center, ran a speed test on my computer (running optimally), set all download and upload speeds in the client to maximum, allowed all resources to be directed to game center, and even switched over to an ethernet connection. I have a higher end PC that can run most games smoothly as well.

With all this said, I cannot download this update or even the game. I have never had this issue, but it just refused to download today. I waited 4 hours of the download to start and it never did. I decided after that to uninstall both wows, and game center, then reinstall both. I could install game center no problem, but again after another 4 hours, the game just refused to even start installing.

Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me? Does anyone know how to fix this?

[PVE]
Members
10,932 posts
18,944 battles
10 minutes ago, mcgibe said:

Before I start, I have tried restarting my computer, restarting the game center, ran a speed test on my computer (running optimally), set all download and upload speeds in the client to maximum, allowed all resources to be directed to game center, and even switched over to an ethernet connection. I have a higher end PC that can run most games smoothly as well.

With all this said, I cannot download this update or even the game. I have never had this issue, but it just refused to download today. I waited 4 hours of the download to start and it never did. I decided after that to uninstall both wows, and game center, then reinstall both. I could install game center no problem, but again after another 4 hours, the game just refused to even start installing.

Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me? Does anyone know how to fix this?

Do you have your game center set for early download? because the download doesn't go into effect until tomorrow.

image.thumb.png.e1706c818a76975661497c0892eab519.png

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[KENT]
Members
409 posts
7,044 battles
Just now, Sovereigndawg said:

Do you have your game center set for early download? because the download doesn't go into effect until tomorrow.

Yep

[WORX]
Members
12,671 posts
19,915 battles
7 minutes ago, mcgibe said:

Looks like something is preventing the DL or the installation...

Have you checked your

• Fire wall settings in WGC
    • OR/AND
  • Your firewall permissions of your malware or anti-virus software ?

Check there... So if that solves the issue.

[KENT]
Members
409 posts
7,044 battles
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

Looks like something is preventing the DL or the installation...

Have you checked your

• Fire wall settings in WGC
    • OR/AND
  • Your firewall permissions of your malware or anti-virus software ?

Check there... So if that solves the issue.

I checked both permissions for the center itself, and my antivirus settings while I was at it. Didn't help

[WORX]
Members
12,671 posts
19,915 battles
1 minute ago, mcgibe said:

I checked both permissions for the center itself, and my antivirus settings while I was at it. Didn't help

Have you tried a VPN ???

I am guessing you're having a routing issue... Do you have Cable ?

[KENT]
Members
409 posts
7,044 battles

Have you tried a VPN ???

I am guessing you're having a routing issue... Do you have Cable ?

I've heard about a torrent blockage issue with the game center, but I haven't used a VPN yet. I'll probably try that

If you mean I was trying ethernet, yeah. It didn't make much of a difference

[WORX]
Members
12,671 posts
19,915 battles
8 minutes ago, mcgibe said:

I've heard about a torrent blockage issue with the game center, but I haven't used a VPN yet. I'll probably try that

If you mean I was trying ethernet, yeah. It didn't make much of a difference

No No I mean what service is provided into your router/modem??? Cable, Satellite or DSL ?

[KENT]
Members
409 posts
7,044 battles
9 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

No No I mean what service is provided into your router/modem??? Cable, Satellite or DSL ?

Oh my apologies. Just checked and it is indeed cable for my modem

[WORX]
Members
12,671 posts
19,915 battles
1 minute ago, mcgibe said:

Oh my apologies. Just checked and it is indeed cable for my modem

Yikes, well... The good news is, you have a service that is highly shared and (depending on your service provider) highly political (meaning, they split your bandwidth on a daily basis)...

The bad news, because of the above noted... Its not reliable nor will their infrastructure in directing/governing your traffic routing, is ideal... 

I am leaning to an ISP issue... What i would do, check for disruptions or outages on your ISP bulletin board. 

This can be a regional issue...

[KENT]
Members
409 posts
7,044 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

Yikes, well... The good news is, you have a service that is highly shared and (depending on your service provider) highly political (meaning, they split your bandwidth on a daily basis)...

The bad news, because of the above noted... Its not reliable nor will their infrastructure in directing/governing your traffic routing, is ideal... 

I am leaning to an ISP issue... What i would do, check for disruptions or outages on your ISP bulletin board. 

This can be a regional issue...

Actually, I just put a VPN on my computer, and the download speed shot right up. Also checking my ISP, I'm not seeing any outages as of now.

Could it be a firewall or torrent issue? In any case, putting a VPN on my computer solved the problem.

[WORX]
Members
12,671 posts
19,915 battles
3 minutes ago, mcgibe said:

Actually, I just put a VPN on my computer, and the download speed shot right up. Also checking my ISP, I'm not seeing any outages as of now.

Could it be a firewall or torrent issue? In any case, putting a VPN on my computer solved the problem.

You did told me that your firewall permission are ok (back in post #5)...

I am leaning more to a routing issue...Especially with cable systems...

Edited by Navalpride33

[KENT]
Members
409 posts
7,044 battles

You did told me that your firewall permission are ok (back in post #5)...

I am leaning more to a routing issue...

Yeah. You might be right. I'm getting 12mb/s of download rn, but that's a major improvement from what I had earlier

Thanks for the help. I'm going to try to see if I can troubleshoot this router issue

[WORX]
Members
12,671 posts
19,915 battles
2 minutes ago, mcgibe said:

Yeah. You might be right. I'm getting 12mb/s of download rn, but that's a major improvement from what I had earlier

Thanks for the help. I'm going to try to see if I can troubleshoot this router issue

Cable companies are not the best connection providers as of right now... If that is your only option in your area, then maybe a VPN is the solution for the politics I stated earlier..

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this