You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sweetsie

What is the worst new skill?

46 comments in this topic

Members
7,122 posts
22,130 battles

Not from an OP or game wrecking perspective, but just flat out awful. I am voting for Eye in the Sky for two points. love to find out what you think.

[PVE]
Members
10,932 posts
18,944 battles

Pretty much anything that is just AA and has no other benefits. IMO

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
7,122 posts
22,130 battles

Nope, i see nothing close to the fail of Eye in the Sky, 50% reduction in reload and 50% reduction in time to use it. yes you may get two more consumables but you still have less uptime for two points. This is just stupid.

• Meh 2

[META_]
Members
234 posts
3,215 battles

Eye in the sky is actually pretty useful.  How often do you actually use the entire duration of your spotter plane?  Most of the time, the person I'm shooting at goes dark or gets out of range within a couple shots.  Then the next time I want a spotter, it's on cooldown.

I fourth the nomination of Outnumbered.  It only activates when you're in a really bad situation that you should never actively try to get into (at least in Randoms), the conditions are difficult to meet in the first place, and it's prone to turning off at inopportune times - either because your teammates did what they're supposed to do and came to support you or because an enemy went dark.  The one time that it might be useful would be holding a flank solo in Clan Battles, and that's such a niche thing that it's really not worth the four points.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,906 posts
25,782 battles
16 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

I'm pretty sure it's Outnumbered.

The thought process for a lot of the Skill Rebork is downright stupid to anyone that actually plays this game.  But Outnumbered is one of the worst, stupidest ideas implemented in the game, ever.

• Cool 4

[META_]
Members
234 posts
3,215 battles
9 minutes ago, Pura__Vida said:

Nope, i see nothing close to the fail of Eye in the Sky, 50% reduction in reload and 50% reduction in time to use it. yes you may get two more consumables but you still have less uptime for two points. This is just stupid.

The total uptime is identical - it's just not contiguous uptime.  Normally, spotter is 100s uptime, followed by a 240s cooldown.  With Eye in the Sky, it becomes a 50s uptime with a 120s cooldown.  In 340s, both give you 100s of uptime and are off cooldown again.  The difference is that, with Eye in the Sky, you get a second opportunity to launch a spotter in that same window.

Members
7,122 posts
22,130 battles
16 minutes ago, Fel0niusMonk said:

The total uptime is identical - it's just not contiguous uptime. 

and costs you two points, factor in superintendent

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,243 posts
22,887 battles

The worst DD skill in relation to a predecessor is Grease the Gears. From another post:

image.thumb.png.cdfc739b5f8a70eb1b1454538ffd68fd.png

This was an outright nerf to Gunboat DD. Not only did lower tier, and several high tier, DD suffer but Flint, Colbert, and Smolensk turrets now turn slower with less range. (So do Atlanta's but she at least kept her range.)

• Cool 2

[META_]
Members
234 posts
3,215 battles
6 minutes ago, Pura__Vida said:

and costs you two points, factor in superintendent

So?  You could say that of any skill - they all cost points to give you something.  I'm not sure what superintendent has to do with it - it's neither necessary to use it, nor does it prevent you from taking superintendent.  It's not a skill that you'll take on every ship, but where you do take it, it's extremely useful.  Compare that to Outnumbered, which costs four points and isn't useful to anyone.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,606 posts
11,119 battles

The battleship version of Super-Heavy AP Shells. I can’t imagine a single ship or build on which that skill is worth one point, yet alone three.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 2

[SGSS]
Members
5,810 posts
1 hour ago, Pura__Vida said:

Not from an OP or game wrecking perspective, but just flat out awful. I am voting for Eye in the Sky for two points. love to find out what you think.

Outnumbers.

Its just plan dumb!

[SALVO]
Members
7,099 posts
5,556 battles
1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

I'm pretty sure it's Outnumbered.

Heavy AP shells for BBs is neck to neck with Outnumbered. 

Outnumbered is a waste, Heavy AP is actually damaging and might kill you

• Cool 2

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,906 posts
25,782 battles
3 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Heavy AP shells for BBs is neck to neck with Outnumbered. 

Outnumbered is a waste, Heavy AP is actually damaging and might kill you

There's a lot of stupid stuff in the Skill Rebork.

What's even funnier is that with this update, WG introduced conditional effects (Dead Eye, Top Grade Gunner, etc) and gave the player zero means to know if the conditions are met or not.

It's freaking stupid.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,906 posts
25,782 battles

WG: "Psst!  Hey kid!"

Player: "Me?"

WG: "Yeah you!  Hey!  Wouldn't you like some kewl buffs like Dead Eye, Top Grade Gunner, Dazzle, and stuff?"

Player:  "Sure!"

WG: "Here you go."

Player: (Spends Captain Points) "So, how do I know this stuff is working?"

WG: "That's for you to find out."

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[WAIFU]
Members
894 posts
11,631 battles

I'm gonna go against the grain and say priority target. Only because it shouldnt be a two point skill imo with how imporant it can be

[ARGSY]
Members
688 posts
10,917 battles
11 minutes ago, Suzutsuki_Kai said:

I'm gonna go against the grain and say priority target. Only because it shouldnt be a two point skill imo with how imporant it can be

They did this because it is still a very good skill even at two points. I know some can do without it but I for one can not.  So now you need a base of 12 points to have the bare necessities of dd skills. So yes, it is a bummer that it is now two points but that does not diminish the skill at all.  

Members
2,070 posts
12,694 battles
3 hours ago, Fel0niusMonk said:

I'm not sure what superintendent has to do with it

He thinks people take the skill for the +2 spotters. That's like saying people take fearless brawler for the +1 flak. He doesn't understand the purpose of the skill, he's looking at it from completely the wrong angle.

Members
677 posts
5,374 battles
4 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The thought process for a lot of the Skill Rebork is downright stupid to anyone that actually plays this game.  But Outnumbered is one of the worst, stupidest ideas implemented in the game, ever.

WG logic cant be denied, now pick this skill and rush multiple enemys while your team is running away and die a glorious death :Smile_facepalm:

battleship super heavy AP is not that far away, 5% increace in damage for a lifetime of fire and flooding? quite sure battleships wont mind that little drawback.... should have been -10% to shell speed

Edited by pepe_trueno

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,295 posts
8,554 battles

Enhanced torpedo protection for 3 points on battleships should also get an honorable mention.  But I'd still vote for outnumbered