You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Argus

If Your Choosing Between Vermont And Montana You Should Choose Montana! Check These Screenshots

8 comments in this topic

[SOBA6]
Members
277 posts

If you read my posts you know a while back I chose to go down the line to Vermont instead of the Montana and this was even after I asked here about the choice. I made a HUGE mistake as the Vermont hits like a truck but is so slow and non fun to play that she gets stomped on by everything. Her 40 second load time on shells is so bad that you better hope and pray mid to late game that you don't have to brawl. Fast firing light cruisers and DD's will eat your lunch as they just pelt you with so much fire and devastation while you patiently wait and wait and wait some more for your guns to come up. To top it off the grind on that line is also SUPER boring and slow. I mean seriously it was a chore to go through the Kansas and Minnesota even though they aren't bad ships, just not fast and not as fun as other lines. 

That being said, I decided to go back and grind towards the Montana as it is the only tech tree BB I have left to get. I have all the others so I figured why not. I have never really wanted the Montana as I prefer the Japanese ships and I got the Kremlin because I heard it was so OP and it was everything I hoped for so yeah it is. However, now I'm beginning to think that I've been missing out all this time on the Montana and didn't realize what a beast it is. I just got the North Carolina to start my way towards the Montana and wow this thing is awesome!! It is 500 times more fun to be in this ship than the Kansas!! It is accurate, it hits hard and it's not so slow that your always playing catch up with the team. Just take a look at how many citadels this thing got as it was citadeling everything. Many times I was shooting at max distance as well and it just thumps so hard as long as you know how to lead a ship. It didn't matter what i aimed at, they felt PAIN! 

If Montana is similar to this ship then it's gonna be a total monster compared to the wreck of the Vermont. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I have the Vermont as I'd always wonder about what it was like but she just sits in my port now and I even took the commander off her. Can't wait to play more games in the North Carolina, I might even keep her and not sell when I move to the next ship.  

Carolina.jpg

carolina2.jpg

carolina3.jpg

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[HELLS]
Members
2,796 posts
30,438 battles

Vermont will come all in good time. I have owned Montana for 4 years, so I'm in no hurry for another slowboat. Got too many of those already!

[CVA16]
Members
6,160 posts
18,991 battles

The new line is OK. Just need one of the special captains to make them work.

Wach Grassgrow or Sloas Molasses.

slowski.jpg.6fc5f7e3dedaddda9834e6eb4bd84400.jpg

They come with special perks.

You game switches immediately to your choice of 3 versions of solitaire after your guns fire and returns in 39 seconds. 

Your speed reads twice as fast as  you are really going, just to make you feel better..

Music package switches to elevator music. 

Special warning horn if there is an island or iceberg overtaking you.

Edited by Sabot_100
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,322 posts
17,285 battles
14 hours ago, Lord_Argus said:

Her 40 second load time on shells is so bad that you better hope and pray mid to late game that you don't have to brawl.

I have brawled in the Minnesota, and OMG she wrecks face. 10/10 would do it again.

Granted, it does depend on what you're brawling against and how many of them.

14 hours ago, Lord_Argus said:

I just got the North Carolina to start my way towards the Montana and wow this thing is awesome!!

It certainly is. IMHO one of the better T8 battleships in the game, and also one of the first. Oddly enough, the other T8 BB I really enjoyed (to the point where I bought a reskinned clone of it) is the Amagi, the other equal first.

I know the slow-heavy line is not to everyone's taste, but I don't have a problem with it. By the time you get into workable gun range, you're reacting to a more developed battle and you have a better idea of what needs to be done.

[WOLFG]
Members
671 posts
14,271 battles

Have both Montana and Vermont. I prefer the Vermont. Doesn't tank as good as the Montana, but I feel the guns are much better, even with a 40 second reload. I've only had 8 battles in her so far, but my PR is over 300 higher with the Vermont and averaging 44k more damage per battle. I'm sure that will eventually average lower as I play it more, but the guns feel a whole lot better than the Montana's.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
32,259 posts
9,988 battles

I don't need screenshots, 21 knots and a 34 second (with MBM3) reload in T10 is a non-starter for me.

[GGWP]
Members
102 posts
4,363 battles

Vermont is currently the better ship. Montana has small caliber guns and floaty arcs at a time where long distance shots are necessary to make. Vermont has 30mm overmatch and enormous alpha strike with very fast shells. Montana is better at taking damage and repositioning, but that shouldn't be a concern with Vermont. If you can position well, then Vermont's squishiness isn't really a factor. 40 seconds is a long reload, but it is necessary due to the monstrous punishing capability that Vermont has. Giving a ship as powerful as Vermont a 30 second reload would be broken on a scale unimagined. 

side note, Kremlin is also not OP in any way, shape, or form, except for its ability to avoid punishment. that ship's guns are trash, having tiny range and poor accuracy, its AA is pitiful, it has a smaller HP pool than other BB, and it isn't fast in return. Kremlin is good at one thing: being in a bad position and not dying. It is a ship that has a low skill floor but a low(er) skill ceiling compared to any of the other BBs at t10.

Members
181 posts
5,835 battles

I have both Vermont and Montana, and I would say the Vermont is better overall. The Montana is a more well rounded ship with its faster reload and faster speed, while the Vermont is more limited with its slower speed and slower reload, HOWEVER the Vermont can take advantage of an ideal situation much better than the Monty. As a player gets better in a ship, they learn how to get themselves into more and more of these ideal situations while avoiding the less ideal situation, making the Vermont better in my book.