Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
sasquatch_research

USS Black

21 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

526
[WAMMY]
Members
2,560 posts
14,247 battles

Hey

When is the Black coming back to WOWS?   We got Neustrashimy a while ago which was pulled at the same time.  So when is she coming back Wargaming, any plans?

 

Pete

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,504
[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,377 posts
17,039 battles
1 minute ago, sasquatch_research said:

which was pulled

The Neu is BACK in the Armory  :Smile_facepalm:

 

2 minutes ago, sasquatch_research said:

When is the Black coming back to WOWS? 

Soon ™

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
526
[WAMMY]
Members
2,560 posts
14,247 battles
1 minute ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

The Neu is BACK in the Armory  :Smile_facepalm:

 

Soon ™

Hey

Yeah I already picked up the Neu when it came back out.  I want the black though to round out my boats more.

 

Pete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,216
[KWF]
Members
5,805 posts
7,013 battles

I have a sneaking suspicion that because of her Radar utility that would make her an instant pick for this CB Season, Black will reappear some time later.

I too would like to get Black as I went for Neustrashimy for Steel. It would complete my Fletcher paraphernalia collection nicely.

Edited by warheart1992

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
526
[WAMMY]
Members
2,560 posts
14,247 battles

Hey

Well I guess it's safe to say that "SOON" is completely incorrect.   More likely that it's anybody's guess; and Wargaming said originally something around 6 months was a complete farce too.  Probably happen about the time "Deadeye" gets removed or changed.

 

Pete

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
283
[GOCRY]
Members
740 posts

No, it’s still SOON.  SOONER than it was in February, in fact.  I’m waiting for Black too, though since I only have 70K coal, I won’t be getting it SOON anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
164
[NG-NL]
Members
394 posts
10,495 battles
On 4/7/2021 at 9:31 PM, sasquatch_research said:

Wargaming said originally something around 6 months was a complete farce too.

Wargaming announced this in the patch notes for 0.9.3
"we'll temporarily remove [IX Neustrashimy, VII Flint, and IX Black] from the Armory. They will return and be available in exchange for Coal in 6 months' time or later."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
156
[LUJSV]
Members
1,016 posts
35,418 battles
On 2/16/2021 at 5:32 PM, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

When is the Black coming back to WOWS?   We got Neustrashimy a while ago which was pulled at the same time.  So when is she coming back Wargaming, any plans?

 

Pete

the black is bad DD by the Moment! sloweeeer Torp and have 1 Slot where you use radar/DFAA/ Speedboot. but One Slot :( and Wg said OP DD :(

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
526
[WAMMY]
Members
2,560 posts
14,247 battles
2 hours ago, rafael_azuaje said:

the black is bad DD by the Moment! sloweeeer Torp and have 1 Slot where you use radar/DFAA/ Speedboot. but One Slot :( and Wg said OP DD :(

Hey

I would like to add Black to my fleet but Wargaming seems reluctant to put it out there.

 

Pete

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
156
[LUJSV]
Members
1,016 posts
35,418 battles
1 hour ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

I would like to add Black to my fleet but Wargaming seems reluctant to put it out there.

 

Pete

Bro I have the black666 and no is bad but your hits torps are very SLOW, many time fail against bb enemy. Other badpoint 3 consumable 1 Slot :(. If you watch the Neustrishymi has 5 consumables radar,healh,repair,speedboot,DFAA, it great, but black NOT looks so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,285
[DVYJC]
Members
3,892 posts
9,800 battles
9 hours ago, rafael_azuaje said:

Bro I have the black666 and no is bad but your hits torps are very SLOW, many time fail against bb enemy. Other badpoint 3 consumable 1 Slot :(. If you watch the Neustrishymi has 5 consumables radar,healh,repair,speedboot,DFAA, it great, but black NOT looks so.

Neustrashimy does not have radar. She has DCP, Smoke, DFAA, Super Heal, and Engine Boost. She also has great concealment, but low main battery DPM and decent torpedoes that have a really long reload. I have actually not really gotten Neustrashimy to work well for me. Black is a better gunfighter, Neustrashimy's gimmick is her pure survivability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
526
[WAMMY]
Members
2,560 posts
14,247 battles
1 hour ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Neustrashimy does not have radar. She has DCP, Smoke, DFAA, Super Heal, and Engine Boost. She also has great concealment, but low main battery DPM and decent torpedoes that have a really long reload. I have actually not really gotten Neustrashimy to work well for me. Black is a better gunfighter, Neustrashimy's gimmick is her pure survivability.

Hey

I agree; I have not had the greatest gameplay from the Neustrashimy either.   It has tools but there is nothing it does well, at least in my hands; it has a great heal but I don't find it's enough to save you and with the lack of gun DPM and long reload on torps, it just puts it on the wrong side of damage dealing.

 

Pete 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,285
[DVYJC]
Members
3,892 posts
9,800 battles
1 hour ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

I agree; I have not had the greatest gameplay from the Neustrashimy either.   It has tools but there is nothing it does well, at least in my hands; it has a great heal but I don't find it's enough to save you and with the lack of gun DPM and long reload on torps, it just puts it on the wrong side of damage dealing.

 

Pete 

I had really high hopes for Neustrashimy. When I got it, I made a 19-point captain just for her, but I just haven't been able to get it to work so far. It does seem to be a ship that rewards patience and knowing when to engage and disengage. It's reasonably quick, but it also maneuvers kinda poorly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
200
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,170 posts
8,131 battles

Just when Im getting ready to have enough steel they pull the Somers which pissed me off to no end. looking to get the Neustra as consolation dont think the Marceau is that big a difference form other French DD's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
164
[NG-NL]
Members
394 posts
10,495 battles
1 hour ago, misanthrope0 said:

dont think the Marceau is that big a difference form other French DD's.

Correct.
Marceau is a very good gunboat. I bought it and got what I wanted. Then I re-considered my goals.
This was the ship that changed my question from "is this a good ship?" to "is this an unusual ship that will extend the game for me?"

Friesland gave me something different. I quite like it.
Småland gave me something very different. I love it.
I'm saving up for Neustrashimy because I expect that it will also give me a style of play that I cannot get elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,285
[DVYJC]
Members
3,892 posts
9,800 battles
2 hours ago, misanthrope0 said:

Just when Im getting ready to have enough steel they pull the Somers which pissed me off to no end. looking to get the Neustra as consolation dont think the Marceau is that big a difference form other French DD's.

I'm at 160+ Ranked games in Marceau with a 60% w/r. She's ridiculously strong in Ranked. I can't make her work in Randoms, though, and I am no good with Mogador or Kleber. But Marceau is a favorite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×