You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

*CANCELLED* NA 0.10.1 ITBB Early Access Patch Stream with Mademoisail and Hapa_Fodder

41 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,576 posts
15,087 battles

Now hear this, Now hear this.

Come join @Mademoisail and I on the official World of Warships Twitch Channel tomorrow (Feb 17th) from 1700 (5pm Central) to 1900 (7pm Central).

We'll go over patch 0.10.1 IT BB early access, we'll shoot the ship, answer your questions.

Pop on by! You'll have a chance to win 1 of 3 10pt Luigi Sansonnetti commanders, 5x5 packs of Regia Marina camouflages or a $20 PIZZA HUT GIFT CARD!

www.twitch.tv/worldofwarships

Don't forget to make sure your WG account and your Twitch accounts are linked to get Twitch drops!

That is all.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 2

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,728 posts
21,814 battles

Can we still win a Sansonnetti if we already have one?

[OO7]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
242 posts
9,900 battles
5 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Please say yes :3

[TFFOX]
Members
1,089 posts
2,801 battles

Loot! Gimme Loot! 

Wait, this'll be after the update, right? I earned all my twitch crates for this update...

Edited by AdmiralFox08

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,225 posts
22,815 battles
15 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

10 minutes ago, ToxicSymphony said:

Please say yes :3

I had multiple Jingles captains so there is precedent...

[OO7]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
242 posts
9,900 battles
Just now, Khafni said:

I had multiple Jingles captains so there is precedent...

Yeah but jingles doesn't outright buff my boats performance other than his voice lines (which was the main benefit of getting the captain, the voiceover option for all). 

Giving a legendary commander is new 

[TFFOX]
Members
1,089 posts
2,801 battles
1 minute ago, ToxicSymphony said:

Yeah but jingles doesn't outright buff my boats performance other than his voice lines (which was the main benefit of getting the captain, the voiceover option for all). 

I love how jingles says "That's a Paddlin!" whenever my Thunderer devstrikes something

• Funny 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,225 posts
22,815 battles
2 minutes ago, ToxicSymphony said:

Giving a legendary commander is new 

Let's hope!

[WG]
4,576 posts
15,087 battles
6 hours ago, Edgecase said:

Yes, but you'll get compensation instead.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,728 posts
21,814 battles
1 minute ago, Hapa_Fodder said:
6 hours ago, Edgecase said:

Yes, but you'll get compensation instead.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Awwwwwwwww.:Smile-_tongue:

[WG]
4,576 posts
15,087 battles
Shipmates,

Due to current events here in Austin, unfortunately todays NA Patch stream will be cancelled. That being said, tune in to your favorite CC if they are streaming at 5pm central time for the official token combat mission group code that would have been dropped during our stream!

We hope you are all staying safe, staying healthy and staying warm and look forward to seeing you all again soon!

Mahalo,
-Hapa
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,225 posts
22,815 battles
30 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:
Shipmates,

Due to current events here in Austin, unfortunately todays NA Patch stream will be cancelled. That being said, tune in to your favorite CC if they are streaming at 5pm central time for the official token combat mission group code that would have been dropped during our stream!

We hope you are all staying safe, staying healthy and staying warm and look forward to seeing you all again soon!

Mahalo,
-Hapa

I lived in that area for 12 years. Ice is the bane of an Austinite's existence. Those flyovers become bumper car tracks real easy!

Stay safe (and warm)!

• Cool 1

Members
4,085 posts
44,091 battles

We are fresh out of Funky Cold Medina over here. Just Ice, Ice, Baby.

Day 3 Texas versus the Frost Giants...

Well, after a blistering day of driving, we are holding them off with Spam and determination. Now we just need water, power, and maybe some..

Hammer Time. ..Bring in the goats 🐏🐏🐏🐏🐏🔪⚔️📯⚒️🔧🔌🔋🌌💮💮💮💮🌸🌸🌸🥀💨💤💦🤧🏰

To Legit To Quit.😎

Stayin Alive.🕺

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[TFFOX]
Members
1,089 posts
2,801 battles

Sorry to hear it, Hapa. Hopefully things clear up soon.

Members
4,085 posts
44,091 battles
18 minutes ago, LunchCutter said:

I always thought Texas was hot and dusty all year round. Dam cowboy movies have warped my reality...

We used to have seasons called cold, sprung, hot, dang hot, fallout, then dang cold.

Now it's starting this year with: Winter ❄️ from that silly series, "Game of Thrones", although when I drive during the day it looks like we are on Hoth. At night, no lights but the stars 🌌. Last Fall was silly Rain 🌧️, wind 🌬️, and sudden impact. Last Summer was devil's armpit hot 🔥, a touch of Inferno by Dante. Last Spring was fools errands and sprung on the way to discord with a few other calamitous tornadoes just to keep things exciting. 

What will the final month of Winter bring? A final chill with the Big Chill already getting us?

And Spring, hopefully we all make it and finally see the light again. Except if you are a vampire, then no.

So far, few have made their New Year's Resolutions. But then again, it's not that hard to instant set up anywhere.

Let's hope we get some rest. I know I am tired of driving around for generator gas.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,524 posts

Tis the season in Texas. Busted pipes City sky scrapers burn with palaces of light and empty dreams all night while surrounding areas are dark. Busted water systems and failed sewers. (Sure to cover the state and spread that covid and god knows what else next week...) No food, water or firewood to be found. A third world country without power due to it's gamble on the green windmill crap (Which promptly froze then broke)

Siberia, Alaska and Norway etc provide winter power all season all demand all peoples toasty inside without problems. (On good old Coal, Oil and Diesel etc) Houses do not break pipes down to -70 (American trucks don't either.. Ive been close to -60)

We have less than a year until next winter to remedy all that crap.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLFH]
Members
367 posts
22,435 battles

Stay Safe Hapa, WG staff and everyone affected .

I hope that when WG NA does stream again we get to see Hapa in either a toga or centurion's armour, to celebrate the release of the new Italian BB line :)

This could be a thing, make Hapa dress up in appropriate costumes/outfits for every new line release :fish_cute_2:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,884 posts
14,882 battles
4 hours ago, syp_twiz said:

so much for global warming 

Climate change brings more extremes plus every few years the jet stream takes a deep dive into the south. That along with the electric grid going into gridlock because of a wind generators that don't have deicing equipment and gas powered plants getting cut off from their gas because of the priority rules and you have the train wreck that is currently Texas.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,826 posts
28,416 battles
3 minutes ago, KaiserWilhelmShatner said:

So when is the next NA stream or any stream where we can get the Pasta mission?  

Twitch doesnt have a schedule up for some reason.

Tomorrow ("local time 0700" is PST) 

image.thumb.png.cb15f16c7052bc0c19b27ef45c680d3b.png

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/twitch/official-stream-schedule/#14

Members
4,085 posts
44,091 battles
3 hours ago, xHeavy said:

Tis the season in Texas. Busted pipes City sky scrapers burn with palaces of light and empty dreams all night while surrounding areas are dark. Busted water systems and failed sewers. (Sure to cover the state and spread that covid and god knows what else next week...) No food, water or firewood to be found. A third world country without power due to it's gamble on the green windmill crap (Which promptly froze then broke)

Siberia, Alaska and Norway etc provide winter power all season all demand all peoples toasty inside without problems. (On good old Coal, Oil and Diesel etc) Houses do not break pipes down to -70 (American trucks don't either.. Ive been close to -60)

We have less than a year until next winter to remedy all that crap.

They get busted pipes because some knucklehead relaxed the building code on water pipes. 

Before the 80s, all houses had galvanized pipes. Then copper was introduced and the merits of it was that it was easy to put in, and all you had to do was keep it wrapped. Only no builder ever bothered to wrap them because that costs a lot per foot. Instead they went with basic wall insulation, etc.

Those pipes are vulnerable only as they hit the apex or ceiling level before they drop down to a fixture. A cold draft in the attic and simple expansion would burst them if the pipes had no expansion.

Galvanized withstood that to a degree and a simple drop of layered insulation placed on them in the attic prevented freeze ups. You wrapped them coming in, covered the faucets in the backyard, and you were set for winterizing galvanized.

My house is over 50 years old and we only had to replace 10 feet of galvanized all that time.

Because my father bought the house through a builder and supervised the construction himself, it still stands today.

The cookie cutter builders are great but it's a business and you make more money with materials that meet code, but does not necessarily exceed it.

If you have to blame anyone, it is the shmuck idiot that came down from hoboken and sold the idea to builders in the 80s to use copper to save building costs. Because if you don't go all the way in winterizing the pipes, you get apartments built just 3 years ago or less that still bust copper on a regular basis because builders cut corners.

It is poor building practices and building codes that need a serious look.

Builders need to stop building cheap and thinking they can get away with it. It drives homeowner's and renter's insurance rates up. They are the enemy. They are driving the insurance market up. It should be premiums going down not up.

As for Texas being a third world country., It has the largest armed citizenry on the planet. That makes it the largest free standing army on the planet.

If a winter storm, a virus, blackouts, starvation, and legislation can't take them out, then no country in the world would dare drop troops, land troops, let alone march across any border without severe repulsive force.

Texas is like no other state because of that. So yeah, we are wierd that way. But that is because we got German immigrants ages before it became a state, Spanish during its colonization, Mexican during its rule as a territory, French in East Texas because crawfish is king, Dutch, because they are adventurous, and a smattering of others including a Davy Crockett, Sam Houston of Tennessee, and a collection of native Americans like the Comanche, Apache, etc.

You might say Texas got to the melting pot business rather quickly and that is why it's hard to figure the people that live there.

• Cool 3