Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ol_Cajun

4 freaking DD's

48 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Alpha Tester
639 posts
16,921 battles

Haven't played much lately, but decided today I would play around a bit more with this commander skill stuff while I had time. Jumped in my NC for my first game, and frack, 4 DD's.  I wasted my heartbeats, going to play something else.

• Thanks 1
  • Boring 5

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

lies... dd's are the weakest ship in the game i hear, and you should be complaining about CV's...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

[TFFOX]
Members
1,089 posts
2,801 battles

Why so much hate for us DD players?

[BEA5T]
Members
547 posts
17,318 battles
11 minutes ago, ol_Cajun said:

Haven't played much lately, but decided today I would play around a bit more with this commander skill stuff while I had time. Jumped in my NC for my first game, and frack, 4 DD's.  I wasted my heartbeats, going to play something else.

LOL I take it you been around since the Rock of Ages so you should be aware that in COOP that having 3+ DDS ( With Human players) has been an ongoing thing but the reality is that It doesn't happen as much as some people would lead to believe.    

[BEA5T]
Members
547 posts
17,318 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralFox08 said:

Oh its getting real BAD in COOP lately ... the hatred for DD and CVs has spilled into COOP big time.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,853 posts
25,782 battles
15 minutes ago, Noworriesderpy1 said:

Oh its getting real BAD in COOP lately ... the hatred for DD and CVs has spilled into COOP big time.

Just little precious snowflakes out there need to learn to deal with it.  Dominating ships rotate from one game to another.  The wheel freaking turns.

The fun part are people complaining about CVs... In Co-Op.  They literally are a non-threat.  I also had one guy earlier in Co-Op complain while he was a Battleship about Carrier players preventing him from taking caps.

confused-meme.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

In a much older Co-Op game, I had a clown in a DD instantly whine before we start about there being a Bot CV.  He literally complains non-stop as he sailed his DD to the backline in "protest" like an idiot.  Which was fine for the other ships he spawned with as they claimed the cap and kills, damage he left on the table like the fool the DD was.

Me:  "The CV can't hit your DD, it's AI is too sh*t."

DD player:  "He spots me."

Me:  "Use your WASD Keys you i**t.  Your the smallest, agile, fastest ship in this match."

Apparently that's too hard for some, so they AFK or go to the backline like the scrubs they are.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[CO-OP]
Members
2,822 posts
28,397 battles

You can prevail in a 4 DD game, you just need to be more aggressive than they are.  DD players will stop in smoke, this will be your opportunity to rack up some rewards.  This means that you may be focus-fired, but if you know how to take a hit you can score some really good damage. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,853 posts
25,782 battles
10 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

You can prevail in a 4 DD game, you just need to be more aggressive than they are.  DD players will stop in smoke, this will be your opportunity to rack up some rewards.  This means that you may be focus-fired, but if you know how to take a hit you can score some really good damage. 

That right there.  That's the key.  A DD cannot just go into the cap to gunfight the bot DDs while also getting shot at by the bot Cruisers and Battleships behind it.  They'll get ripped apart.  Lord help them if there's a fast firing CL or worse, an RNCL or SAP Cruiser shooting at them.

When they smoke up is the chance for the Cruisers and Battleships to catch up.  If you play timid then you just gave up your opportunity to catch up and possibly overtake the DD.

From an older game:

shot-21-01-14-22-50-22-0534.jpg&key=2a2c

I was smoked up in my smoke at the edge of the cap.  But the other players didn't care and just sailed right past me.  This forced me to leave my smoke much earlier than I wanted and it was a race afterwards.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[DHO-2]
Beta Testers
1,230 posts
11,230 battles

Why are you complaining on the forums?   You had a team to complain at.  Not our (forum readers) fault your DD's didn't counter their DD, or at least try to light so other ships could shoot.

BTY - Cool story, lots of pictures it tells us exactly what happened so we can advise and comment.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,853 posts
25,782 battles
7 minutes ago, madgiecool said:

Why are you complaining on the forums?   You had a team to complain at.  Not our (forum readers) fault your DD's didn't counter their DD, or at least try to light so other ships could shoot.

BTY - Cool story, lots of pictures it tells us exactly what happened so we can advise and comment.

General rule in Co-Op is you want your fellow players to screw up and die early.  That means more for yourself afterwards.

• Cool 5

[49LSD]
Beta Testers
9 posts
1,678 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralFox08 said:

Its that a lot of players go there to do damage/potential damage, or kill missions for other things and DDs just vaporise most of the targets so it ends up a waste of time. IMHO the Torping CAs ar just as bad sometimes.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
597 posts
5,863 battles

there is a problem of greedy players....imho, like in Op's is a prime example. This game has only the barest shreds of 'team' mentality. But, it's the game they want, and designed. It's only worth what you put into it.

Members
1,178 posts
1,685 battles
3 hours ago, ol_Cajun said:

Jumped in my NC for my first game, and frack, 4 DD's.

Why are you complaining about that? If you're hating on the MM shut up, I've seen 5 destroyers PER TEAM, once even 7 on each.

• Meh 2

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

meh coop ... random i don't care... some dislike cv's, some dislike the fotm, i dislike dd's... and i am ENTITLED to :)

[CO-OP]
Members
2,822 posts
28,397 battles
12 minutes ago, iamSamoth said:

there is a problem of greedy players....imho, like in Op's is a prime example. This game has only the barest shreds of 'team' mentality. But, it's the game they want, and designed. It's only worth what you put into it.

For operations with a random team, it is always best to assume that you have 6 potatoes with you and do your best to carry the team.  I don't consider that greed.

[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
597 posts
5,863 battles
7 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

For operations with a random team, it is always best to assume that you have 6 potatoes with you and do your best to carry the team.  I don't consider that greed.

i mean, i wasn't asking for folks to call themselves out, but okay, go for it.... :)

• Funny 1

[CO-OP]
Members
2,074 posts
27,563 battles

I don't hate DDs, I actually enjoy playing them every now and then , but I do hate it when MM just throws 4 DDs into a game. Sometimes not Human ones 4 friggin bots which more often than not go suicide. No DDs is meh, one and two is fine, three is pushing it but 4 is not right.

• Cool 3

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,853 posts
25,782 battles

4 DD game.  I'm in my 28kt Sovetsky Soyuz with a sh*tty 10pt captain.

The 2 DDs smoke up in front of me and camp, which is what I want.  The funny thing with DD players is they don't want to spot for each other in Co-Op, unlike Random Battles they actually do.  Remember we're a lot more selfish in Co-Op compared to Random Battles.

shot-21-02-16-15-36-49-0040.jpg

I never stop with my 28kt Sovetsky Soyuz.

shot-21-02-16-15-37-36-0249.jpg

shot-21-02-16-15-38-09-0125.jpg

Don't ever come to a crawl and hang back like the Tirpitz and GK players did.  If you're one of those Timid BBs in Co-Op, don't be... You hanging back trying to be safe is what other aggressive players (like me) want.  Hang back and do nothing, be nothing, leave more for the rest of us.

shot-21-02-16-15-38-38-0656.jpg

Considering there were 4 of us players, 2 of them DDs in this area and only 3 ships came our way, I came out pretty good.  I got the cap ribbon, I got 2 kills, and did a fair amount of damage considering not many ships went our way against the 4 of us.

shot-21-02-16-15-42-58-0729.jpg

BaseXP scores were pretty tight.  Hipper had a great game because he was fed ships in the channel.

shot-21-02-16-15-42-59-0954.jpg

shot-21-02-16-15-43-01-0213.jpg

This would have been tighter if the Tirpitz and GK players remembered they were using German Battleships and pushed.

You in a Battleship?  Push up and claim what's yours.  Nobody's going to leave scraps for you.  Take what's yours.  Sorry if you're in a 21kt or slower BB, but most Battleships in the game are faster.  Go in and take what belongs to you.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

i like the dmg potential when there are fewer dd's, more dmg to be able to farm when those dd's are replaced by cruisers...

that is my only real grumble when I see more than 1 dd/side...

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,853 posts
25,782 battles
20 minutes ago, SKurj said:

i like the dmg potential when there are fewer dd's, more dmg to be able to farm when those dd's are replaced by cruisers...

that is my only real grumble when I see more than 1 dd/side...

What I like with DDs is that any hits on them are good for your score at the end.  It's rewarding.  You may not have as high Damage numbers, but they're worth more, HP for HP than other ships.

• Boring 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,853 posts
25,782 battles

The concern about CVs in Co-Op is just silly.  Again, they literally are a non-threat.

shot-21-02-16-17-00-09-0190.jpg

I was stopping my Ohio to ensure I was getting the Cap Ribbon.  My BB was at 5kts and slowing down.  I'm a big huge Battleship size target with the agility of something that big, coming to a halt, and the Bot CV AI still does a sh*tty job on the Torpedo Bomber attack and drops too close.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,678 posts
5 hours ago, AdmiralFox08 said:

Because y'all have completely taken over the meta in Co-op, and rendered  BB and often CA play mostly useless?    CV's are crippled, too as they depend heavily on damage over time and repeat attacks- and the games no longer last long enough to support that most times.  And when almost half the team is DD's, it's worse.

Or how about the misuse of smoke to set up those point blank attacks- that renders the rest of the team blind, and protects the enemy from our fire?

And then there's how heavily DD's affect the bot behavior.   (which has been a problem for years- it's just that now, with so MANY of them around, you face it nearly every match.)   The classic example is 2 Brothers, and a DD  lingers just in or outside the strait.   The entire bot team will turn and charge the strait, because Squirrel.

Good luck, if you brought a slow ship, or one with a short range- and spawned anywhere else.

It USED to be fun for all ship types, and virtually any ship could do well- provided it's player used his or her noodle, and didn't suffer from colossally bad luck/RNG that match, of course!

NOW?  It's like pve ranked.   There is a "best choice" list for ships, and a very narrow range of options for playing them- if you don't want to be a mere paying spectator.  You need a high DPM/High alpha strike ship- esp one with rapid fire guns-  that's fast, and highly maneuverable.  Smoke screen ability is a big bonus.  (ie, a DD or a torpedo armed CL)  AND you have to play it ridiculously aggressive.    Deviation from that greatly increases your chances of having a crap game and ending up with nothing.   Heck, an unfavorable spawn can often mean you may as well just go back to port.

It may be fun for the hordes of DD and CL players in queue, but not for the rest of us.    Randoms is even worse, unless you LIKE that meta.    Thus the grudge many have vs DD heavy matches.

On the flip side, that same ridiculous myopic focus the bots have for DD's  can make playing one unbelieveably frustrating if you are the ONLY one in the match- or if you're playing a gunbote in higher tiers and have the audacity to fire your guns.

• Cool 5

[WOLF9]
Members
4,678 posts
3 hours ago, TheChief1893 said:

Its that a lot of players go there to do damage/potential damage, or kill missions for other things and DDs just vaporise most of the targets so it ends up a waste of time. IMHO the Torping CAs ar just as bad sometimes.

Worse, even, lol.   There's that air of desperate "I gotta get mine before they do!!"  That causes so many of them to take insanely foolish shots that hit allies as often as enemies.

[BEA5T]
Members
547 posts
17,318 battles

LOL Its not that I mind said Cruisers and BB charging in through the smoke but for goodness sake at least try not to put yourself in-between the DD and the oncoming BOT.   ( realize if you are in the SMOKE you are MIGHTY CLOSE to the DD)   I will also say through the years I have tried my best to ensure I am NOT sitting in the middle of the Channel and will make every effort to be off to the side.    Its bad enough the friendly Green BOTs are notorious for doing that if you have any space they will come just a tad to where they are seen so they can get shot and you will get the dispersion hits or even worse they are so close that when they shoot they hit you ( or torp you).   OF course they NEVER SAY SORRY.  PINK doesn't mean a thing to them.

Also those of you that say BOT planes are nothing ....  be aware.. every BLUE MOON you may get hit ( if your in a DD).   Also near the end of the battle if you are close to the BOT CV you may find a squadron of those SUPER BOTS with a possibility of receiving damage the with the bombs.  WOWS must be holding back on the SUPER BOT Torpedo Squadron as I have yet to witness anyone being sunk in battle.     

Sign in to follow this