Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Finally Got Back (PVE Thread)

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

10,693
[PVE]
Members
13,406 posts
28,092 battles

***Disclaimer - I KNOW WR% in Co-op is not the same as it is for PVP and that 90%+ is the norm but that is not the point of this***

So I FINALLY have got back to 98% WR for Co-op. Last time I was there you have to go all the way back to the fall of 2017 when I was grinding Amagi. Back then was the 1st time WG had given out a rental ship to people to try. They gave everyone a Scharnhorst to try (if you were around then you might remember). OMG it was a nightmare.

So many people running around in that ship with no clue how to play it and loss after loss after loss as a result in Co-op for god sake. I remember posting on the forums about it and :etc_swear: about it. My WR% plummeted all the way down to the low 95% range because of it. I specifically remember one day with EIGHT Co-op losses. 8 in one day is almost unheard of.

Even back then I had a ton of games (10k+). Doesn't take many losses for that % to plummet but man when you hit the game #'s I have it takes a ton to even creep it up .01%.

As said, I get it, it is Co-op WR%. But, it still took a butt load of games to claw back to where I was from the disaster period with the rental Scharnhorst's running around; Literally YEARS! LOL.

I hated Amagi as it was and did poorly anyway but add in 3-4 Scharnhorst's being played by people that had no clue how to play period, let alone in T7-T9 MM, and man it was rough. As said, loss after loss after loss. Some days I just gave up and stopped playing because of it.

I haven't really been tracking the WR% until recently. I do keep an eye on Avg Damage and K/D ratio which I think is a good metric/stat for Co-op, but, while checking that WR% is there so I would see it. When I finally got back to the mid 97% range I started really following it and man does it take forever and a day as said earlier to even creep it up 0.1% with as many games as I have. But, this morning I finally got back there.

Have to admit even though it is "Co-op WR%" it still felt good to do it.  Of course just a single loss will drop it down below 98% and then hundreds or more games will be needed to get back again.   

1.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 14
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,687
[WOLF8]
Members
7,870 posts
6,630 battles

Congrats, Admiral. Well done. :Smile_great:

I am amazed that you were able to recover. Good job. :Smile_Default:

That being said, I say you should aim higher, and go for 99%... and I'm sure that if anyone can do it, it would be you, lol. :Smile_trollface:

Nah, I'm just kidding, don't overwork yourself, lel. :Smile_teethhappy:

Give yourself a pat on tha back... lul. :fish_cute_2:

Edited by Blorgh2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,369
[PVE]
Members
10,914 posts
18,890 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I haven't really been tracking the WR% until recently. I do keep an eye on Avg Damage and K/D ratio which I think is a good metric/stat for Co-op, but, while checking that WR% is there so I would see it. When I finally got back to the mid 97% range I started really following it and man does it take forever and a day as said earlier to even creep it up 0.1% with as many games as I have. But, this morning I finally got back there.

Congrats Admiral, I have been hoovering around the 98%, I ruined my damage and experience early on in my Co op games before I became a Co op main and have been trying to bring those up ever since. My personal rating has taken a hit trying to get the Hizen and Chinese New Year missions done.

image.thumb.png.cc847188a07e1ad9bdb328ac8656e70d.png

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
514
[WOLF5]
Members
1,361 posts
10,472 battles

Very well done Sir, and congratulations!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
265
[WOLF9]
Members
1,134 posts
23,033 battles

Congrats Admiral.  98% WR is something I will never see.  i am amazed I got over 96%.  I play early mornings, starting at about 3:30 AM Rocky Mountain Time on Sundays and Mondays.  A lot of my games are bots only or mostly bots.  On top of that, all the good green bots sleep in those days and I got the Team C bots.  So, I don't always win those.  And to be fair, there are games I potato too, so I am sure the bots complain about me as well.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
75
[OGF]
Members
164 posts
6,108 battles

98% and 661 avg experience over that many battles are excellent stats, especially combined.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
348
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,327 posts
7,863 battles

Congrats Admiral! Your setting the pace for the rest of us! :cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,081 posts
43,969 battles

Congratulations. I am trying to get back to just logging in to the game as net and power is down across most of Texas. So, I could be out of action for days.

So if you don't see me out there, I am just offline due to the net.

Or possibly I froze up during my battles with frost giants and bodacious Valkyries took me to Valhalla. But no worries, Valhalla has lightning fast internet, no regulations, unlimited, and any mischief is dealt with by the Hammer.  Available to everyone soon TM.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,693
[PVE]
Members
13,406 posts
28,092 battles
41 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Congrats Admiral, I have been hoovering around the 98%, I ruined my damage and experience early on in my Co op games before I became a Co op main and have been trying to bring those up ever since. My personal rating has taken a hit trying to get the Hizen and Chinese New Year missions done.

image.thumb.png.cc847188a07e1ad9bdb328ac8656e70d.png

"Events" that flood Co-op with people trying to do tasks causes PR to plummet like a rock. You no longer play normal; you play crazy trying to get stuff done (or just get the hell out of the way of the nut jobs playing like crap LOL). My PR graph always has huge peaks and deep valleys and you can tie it to normal play and when events are going on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,145
[USCC2]
Members
6,449 posts

For a while I've been going through the grind of several ships from Tier V to Tier IX - trying to get to Tier X with them all (2 DDs, 7 Cruisers and 4 BBs (Tiers V-IX)). 

I've always played to win, never to do a mission; the closest I get is picking the ship that has the attributes closest to achieving the objective. I've been lucky in that I don't believe I've been under 98% for a long, long while now. I'm more proud of my K/D ratio as I try not to die if I can help it - I always play to win and get the crew through lol.

 

A great number of games there Thunder - big congrats on great scores/achievements! :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
514
[WOLF5]
Members
1,361 posts
10,472 battles
1 hour ago, kyesac said:

I play early mornings, starting at about 3:30 AM Rocky Mountain Time on Sundays and Mondays. 

I am always delighted to see you in these early morning battles and look forward to the next one with you....

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
782
[CO-OP]
Members
2,064 posts
27,555 battles

The massive drop between 22.11 and 29.11 was caused by wows rejigging what the did with some numbers. They've done this before and caused me some concern but it seems they periodically mess about with the PR calculations.

 

As you can see here massive drop in PR but no correlation with average XP.

afa2c5067930524009b5d46c05232276.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
952
[USCC]
Members
3,120 posts
14,656 battles
5 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

So I FINALLY have got back to 98% WR for Co-op.

Well done AT!
I'll be nipping at your heel's in a few thousand (possibly several thousand) games.

I was at 87% "there about" WR around the time I joined USCC, that's almost 2 years now.
Teams will be teams. and in all honesty, many times I've nobody to blame but myself, I too am part of the team!

PR.thumb.png.891066e6670d54371eae108ae749b86c.png

But I'll get there!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,693
[PVE]
Members
13,406 posts
28,092 battles
1 hour ago, Efros said:

The massive drop between 22.11 and 29.11 was caused by wows rejigging what the did with some numbers. They've done this before and caused me some concern but it seems they periodically mess about with the PR calculations.

 

As you can see here massive drop in PR but no correlation with average XP.

afa2c5067930524009b5d46c05232276.png

You may be on to something there. Wonder what they did? 

Image1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
98
[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
193 posts
13,120 battles

Congratulations, I guess. Even though I've mainly just stayed in COOP since the CV Rebork, I don't think I've ever even bothered to actually check my WR there. I used to kinda be concerned with it in Randoms, but part of the reason I've just been playing COOP is so I could forget about it. All sorts though, I know. Whatever floats your bote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
218
[PTRGT]
Members
443 posts
55,330 battles
18 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

***Disclaimer - I KNOW WR% in Co-op is not the same as it is for PVP and that 90%+ is the norm but that is not the point of this***

So I FINALLY have got back to 98% WR for Co-op. Last time I was there you have to go all the way back to the fall of 2017 when I was grinding Amagi. Back then was the 1st time WG had given out a rental ship to people to try. They gave everyone a Scharnhorst to try (if you were around then you might remember). OMG it was a nightmare.

 

I remember that too. I seem to remember The Great Tirpitz wave of catastrophe" where every noob with a wallet could purchase the newly added Tirpitz and figured they could dominate everything including Co-op.

Sometimes 3 or 4 of them marching boldly ahead to destroy the bots of co-op with their shiny new Tirpitz only for the bots to nuke them in under 2 minutes. leaving the remaining of us to now play 4 or 5 of us humans to play against 8 bots including several undamaged enemy Tirpitz's. ...the horror.... the horror....

That's a month I never forget :cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
121
[CUDA]
Members
286 posts
8,014 battles

Those free preview ships, I never use them except for a single snowflake match (but that's gone now). Why waste the experience on a ship I'm not going to buy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
782
[CO-OP]
Members
2,064 posts
27,555 battles
3 hours ago, DeathsStalker said:

I remember that too. I seem to remember The Great Tirpitz wave of catastrophe" where every noob with a wallet could purchase the newly added Tirpitz and figured they could dominate everything including Co-op.

Sometimes 3 or 4 of them marching boldly ahead to destroy the bots of co-op with their shiny new Tirpitz only for the bots to nuke them in under 2 minutes. leaving the remaining of us to now play 4 or 5 of us humans to play against 8 bots including several undamaged enemy Tirpitz's. ...the horror.... the horror....

That's a month I never forget :cap_haloween:

From which the Tirpitz is forever known as the Derpitz, there was a similar debacle when Bismarck was given away as a reward ship and everyone and his father had a newly minted Bismarck.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,176 posts
1,672 battles
On 2/16/2021 at 9:57 AM, AdmiralThunder said:

Last time I was there you have to go all the way back to the fall of 2017 when I was grinding Amagi. Back then was the 1st time WG had given out a rental ship to people to try. They gave everyone a Scharnhorst to try (if you were around then you might remember). OMG it was a nightmare.

I got a rental Scharnhorst back in December. I actually knew  when to NOT use the torpedoes...unlike many other Scharnhorst players :cap_horn:I had a pretty good run, and this was my best result:2020-12-18_1.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×