You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
shadowsrmine

So Today I Started Up The Wows Desktop Game App

6 comments in this topic

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,432 posts
17,316 battles

To get the game going and seeing it was taking forever to login, I closed and exited and knowing the first thing they were going to say was do a Check and Repair, So I did that once that was done I restarted the Desktop game app to get the game going (all this began at 09:00 AM Eastern Standard Time) it's now 10:24 AM Eastern Standard and it's still trying to login:Smile_sad: Guess I won't be playing today......................................................................

• Haha 1

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
934 posts
14,328 battles

Looks like this is a random thing as I just logged in (10:30 AM EST) no problem. Seen a few threads about this today and it seems to be about 50/50 whether you can log in or not.

FWIW it is showing just over 5500 people in game.

[WORX]
Members
12,671 posts
19,915 battles
6 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

To get the game going and seeing it was taking forever to login, I closed and exited and knowing the first thing they were going to say was do a Check and Repair, So I did that once that was done I restarted the Desktop game app to get the game going (all this began at 09:00 AM Eastern Standard Time) it's now 10:24 AM Eastern Standard and it's still trying to login:Smile_sad: Guess I won't be playing today......................................................................

Check your Firewall permissions... They have to be updated every patch..

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,432 posts
17,316 battles
7 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Check your Firewall permissions... They have to be updated every patch..

:Smile_great:Never had to be before so I suppose this is something new :Smile_sad: WG :etc_swear: Violating the K.I.S.S. principle again:Smile_sad:

Edited by shadowsrmine

[WOLF8]
Members
710 posts
9,492 battles

When I fired up the app it started downloading a very small (~32MB) update.   I've got pretty fast internet, but the download took way longer than normal and now the install part is creeping along.  Kinda odd to be getting this small update before tomorrow's big update.

Finally finished updating.  Logged in w/no problem.

Edited by Slammer58
  • Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,852 posts
4,300 battles

Snowstorm has knocked out power throughout the Midwest, wonder if that's causing internet issues for some people. Just updated and logged in with no problems in less than 5min, so doesn't seem to be on WG's end.