You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hukom

Dead Eye. Brawling. Funsies.

11 comments in this topic

[FRR]
Members
859 posts

Update 0.10.0 brought with it some good and not so good changes, chief among them the controversial Dead Eye skill. It seems to me a lot of battleships now just want to have that skill active all the time. With Update 0.10.1 just around the corner, I finally promoted Philippe Auboyneau to 21 points, and went to battle early on Valentine's Day. I chose Concealment, Dead Eye, and Fire Prevention—but now I'm no longer sure if I will maintain that build before the free period ends because it is still a blast moving in for the kill even without a secondary build. 

As a PVE player I find this to be way more fun compared to the usual brawling with dumb bots in Co-op. 😄

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,322 posts
17,285 battles
13 minutes ago, Hukom said:

I chose Concealment, Dead Eye, and Fire Prevention—but now I'm no longer sure if I will maintain that build before the free period ends because it is still a blast moving in for the kill even without a secondary build. 

You don't have to give up brawling just because you've got Deadeye on the ship:

That being said, Fire Prevention will be in the build as soon as I get enough points. Hilarity starts at the 15 minute mark.

[WOLFG]
Members
11,768 posts
10,910 battles
57 minutes ago, Hukom said:

Update 0.10.0 brought with it some good and not so good changes, chief among them the controversial Dead Eye skill. It seems to me a lot of battleships now just want to have that skill active all the time. With Update 0.10.1 just around the corner, I finally promoted Philippe Auboyneau to 21 points, and went to battle early on Valentine's Day. I chose Concealment, Dead Eye, and Fire Prevention—but now I'm no longer sure if I will maintain that build before the free period ends because it is still a blast moving in for the kill even without a secondary build. 

As a PVE player I find this to be way more fun compared to the usual brawling with dumb bots in Co-op. 😄

image.jpeg.ea12c912c094a8419a0b6d4f5e10478f.jpeg

[FRR]
Members
859 posts
15 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

That being said, Fire Prevention will be in the build as soon as I get enough points.

I agree with that. Get it as soon as you can.

What's your build for Minnesota? I haven't played her for a long time already. If I were to spec her captain, I'd get Fire Prevention first because the ship can use ARPM2 on slot 6 to improve her dispersion.

Her shells fly slow. In my experience they can be easily dodged by anyone (particularly those who run Propulsion Mod 1), unless you are already within medium range or close range. So the more I try to move closer, the more I make the ship vulnerable to smoke hiding HE spammers, not to mention ships like Thunderer and Goliath. Which then leads me to the next issue: Minnesota's speed is very slow, which makes it difficult to reposition when needed.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,711 posts
21,780 battles

Hurt my brain for like 5 minutes trying to figure out what map that was.

[SALVO]
Members
6,932 posts
5,487 battles
37 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Lol, so I wasn't the only one. I'm still baffled

Members
646 posts
3,678 battles
1 hour ago, Edgecase said:

Does the madman have map rotation on?!

[TFFOX]
Members
1,089 posts
2,801 battles
39 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Lol, so I wasn't the only one. I'm still baffled

Pretty sure it's neighbors

[SALVO]
Members
6,932 posts
5,487 battles
16 minutes ago, AdmiralFox08 said:

oh right, why is that thing upside down? that's weird

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,711 posts
21,780 battles
17 minutes ago, AdmiralFox08 said:

It is, it's Neighbors with map rotation turned on so it's flipped 180 degrees. You can see it if you look at the grid labels, which took me forever to think to do.

[TFFOX]
Members
1,089 posts
2,801 battles
14 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

oh right, why is that thing upside down? that's weird

Map rotation