You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

EC's Japanese Destroyer Adventures, Episode #687435...

5 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
23,352 posts
17,307 battles

You can relax, though, because at least it isn't that f^#$%^& Yugumo again. :cap_haloween:

I'd just started grinding the Minekaze when I picked up the Hatsuharu in the PEF event. At the time I was a DD noob, so I sucked in Minekaze and was grateful to be able to jump straight up to her much more powerful successor (which I enjoyed immensely).

Come 2021 and  I'm looking at grinding the IJN gunboat line a couple of times to get myself a Research Bureau ship. My FXP is highly likely to be required for other things, so I'll have to do it the slow way. Because they offered to retrain captains when the patch went live, I hurried to put every 10-pointer I could find into the Isokaze, Minekaze, Hatsuharu and Shiratsuyu. Then I set out in the Minekaze because I'd only barely started the grind and I wanted to know how she felt with a 10 pointer and a bit more time under my belt (I actually had one, but he was needed more desperately in the Mutsuki line).

Here's the result. My end is somewhat embarrassing, but the sacrifice is worth it to remove an existential threat from my team on that flank.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
429 posts
15,694 battles

The IJN T5 DD's are fun boats.  Sometimes high risk/high rewards (or fails) depending on situations.  I enjoy taking out the Minekaze on occasions, along with my Fujin and Kami R (they are definitely fun, relaxing boats; love the torp reloads on them).  Enjoy your regrind @Ensign_Cthulhu and good luck on getting your RB ship(s).

[ARGSY]
Members
23,352 posts
17,307 battles
4 hours ago, chrisope said:

Enjoy your regrind @Ensign_Cthulhu and good luck on getting your RB ship(s).

Thanks. Right now I'm in stock Kitakaze and I'm going to set directives aside and just work on unlocking Harugumo. Then I push the button. It's a shade under 700K XP to get back to the top, and I'll be doing one reset per RB season and no more, which is once every 90 days or a little under 7800 XP per day.

We just passed one season start, so I've still got quite a while before I have to have the Harugumo unlocked. 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
1,892 posts
5,832 battles

When are you going to begin the promised and long awaited 'EC's Torp Wall Pink Adventures'? and its follow up 'EC's Adventures in Orange Coop Land'?

Edited by Sumseaman

[WOLF9]
Members
1,136 posts
23,051 battles

@Ensign_Cthulhu  Congrats on this line.  I chose this line as well to regrind not only because it is the cheapest (by just a little), but also it is a lot of fun.  I just reset the line last week and am sitting at Akizuki at T8 (I used some FXP).  T8 - T9 are just a blast to play.  I only played the Haru once or twice and then reset the line.  I actually enjoy this line much more than the Torpedo Boat line grind, although the Shimakaze is also a fun boat to play.