Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

What is this witchcraft? To what gods did I sacrifice?

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

15,317
[ARGSY]
Members
23,419 posts
17,347 battles

Played three Random battles in Dreadnought over the weekend (early afternoon, eastern Canada).

Two of the three were dominated by humans.

Two in Romulus last night.

All dominated by humans.

 

The stand-out feature of all five was that there was not a single CV in any of those battles.

  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,117 posts
44,174 battles
9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Played three Random battles in Dreadnought over the weekend (early afternoon, eastern Canada).

Two of the three were dominated by humans.

Two in Romulus last night.

All dominated by humans.

 

The stand-out feature of all five was that there was not a single CV in any of those battles.

That would be wierd since some states in US experienced blackouts due to snow storms. Where I am at, we lost power 9 am Central Time zone US as of Monday and have yet to get it back. I only run a generator for a heater for my Mother and dog. The rest of house is offline.

I am making do with just blankets since I apparently have some hidden Norse heritage and can actually sleep in a cold room.

I am not sure I will be on anytime soon but at least no CV time for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,475
[FORM]
Members
2,227 posts
13,244 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Played three Random battles in Dreadnought over the weekend (early afternoon, eastern Canada). Two of the three were dominated by humans.

Partly out of boredom and to get as much coal as I can to buy the Thunderer (since the Meta has made all my formerly favorite secondary ships port queens now,) I am buying and knocking out my tier 5 & 6s that I didn't do already (I'd never bother w/o this guy's website: https://whaling.in.fkn.space/ ) but I'm seeing a LOT more new players than I expected. Even seeing more who are investing in the game without having too much played time (folks showing up in tier 7 & 8 premiums and under 200 random battles, usually around 100 co-op.) So I'm not sure if it's a combo of Verizon, the Recruitment drive, or re-rolls (typically the ones who seem to know what's up ;) - or if it's something else... but there are definitely more newer players showing up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
815
[-BCO-]
Members
1,852 posts
3,461 battles
21 minutes ago, TheArc said:

Partly out of boredom and to get as much coal as I can to buy the Thunderer (since the Meta has made all my formerly favorite secondary ships port queens now,) I am buying and knocking out my tier 5 & 6s that I didn't do already (I'd never bother w/o this guy's website: https://whaling.in.fkn.space/ ) but I'm seeing a LOT more new players than I expected. Even seeing more who are investing in the game without having too much played time (folks showing up in tier 7 & 8 premiums and under 200 random battles, usually around 100 co-op.) So I'm not sure if it's a combo of Verizon, the Recruitment drive, or re-rolls (typically the ones who seem to know what's up ;) - or if it's something else... but there are definitely more newer players showing up. 

Comrade, the numbers never lie. And the almighty spreadsh....is always correct. Of course there is another explanation but that's pure heresy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,475
[FORM]
Members
2,227 posts
13,244 battles
5 minutes ago, Bandi73 said:

Comrade, the numbers never lie. And the almighty spreadsh....is always correct. Of course there is another explanation but that's pure heresy.

!!mupet.jpg.4c809bba841bb1635d4325613b3af5e0.jpg

  • Funny 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
430 posts
15,705 battles
3 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

That would be wierd since some states in US experienced blackouts due to snow storms. Where I am at, we lost power 9 am Central Time zone US as of Monday and have yet to get it back. I only run a generator for a heater for my Mother and dog. The rest of house is offline.

I worked in Austin, TX for about 2-1/2 years, and still keep tabs on friends and the weather there, and it looks pretty nasty with the extreme cold and rolling blackouts.  I know many are suffering. Stay warm and safe!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,329
[CLUMP]
Members
1,527 posts
2,193 battles
4 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Played three Random battles in Dreadnought over the weekend (early afternoon, eastern Canada).

Two of the three were dominated by humans.

Two in Romulus last night.

All dominated by humans.

 

The stand-out feature of all five was that there was not a single CV in any of those battles.

 

As CV player and part of the so-called fun police how dare MM do this :Smile_izmena:  I find the fact that MM is giving CV free match to other players and outrages insult :Smile_hiding: 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sarcasm :Smile_popcorn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15,317
[ARGSY]
Members
23,419 posts
17,347 battles
3 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

As CV player and part of the so-called fun police how dare MM do this 

Well, there's only one thing for it, isn't there? Grab your Rhein, Hermes, Langley or Hosho AND GET DOWN THERE, BABY! :Smile-_tongue:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,040
[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,792 posts
4,771 battles
Quote

To what gods did I sacrifice?

Huh?  I thunk you was a junior god ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15,317
[ARGSY]
Members
23,419 posts
17,347 battles
26 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Huh?  I thunk you was a junior god ??

There's always a bigger fish(man):fish_haloween:

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,040
[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,792 posts
4,771 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

There's always a bigger fish(man):fish_haloween:

<WAAAHHH!>  No no no no.  Back to the depths with the lot of you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,117 posts
44,174 battles
3 hours ago, chrisope said:

I worked in Austin, TX for about 2-1/2 years, and still keep tabs on friends and the weather there, and it looks pretty nasty with the extreme cold and rolling blackouts.  I know many are suffering. Stay warm and safe!

It's not rolling. It's a blackout dude. Impoverished neighborhoods are hit the most for more than 24 hours now in the Houston area. We still don't have power restored to the areas for stretches of 25 miles around in the south west and south east side. Only pockets have any. Water pumps all failed.

I got a generator and am running portable heat and refrigerator. I ran additional power through to my PC to use it as a heat source. We have a crock pot, an electric grill and what is in the fridge. All supermarkets are down. Gas is available. But water service is not. Those that have all electric houses, have to get a generator. Those that have gas stoves still have to get power because modern gas ranges have a built in safety.

We chose not to run on any gas because of possible gas line leaks.

I can sustain the house fine. Internet service is gone. Only 4g service available for my device and I can't use that except for forums.

All roads do have ice, but I always mounted mud and snow tires.

Last night, we ran out of fuel and I drove 25 miles one way to get 3 gallons of gas at 3 am. It was 14 F.

If someone knew how bad this storm was, knew that several power plants would simultaneously crash as well, and also lose internet; then I would have gotten out of town and got comfortable really quick.

Back a few years ago, before internet, we had a similar storm that had us at 19F in Houston for 3 days but it did not cripple the entire state. The 3 days after was in the 20s, again, not a problem.

And yet, present day we have this problem.

I am really adapted to the cold for many reasons. One being that I have been to Illinois, Kansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma in the dead of Winter ❄️.

And I am well prepared. But to have what was described as several power plants fail in succession is unacceptable.

When this is over, there will be an investigation.

Because that sure was no coincidence. Especially when most people usually should stay the F at home 🏠, but instead hop on a plane and get out of Austin ahead of the incident. Very sus.

🤔🧐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×