Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Gelo_rules

Any tips on how to play the Tachibana?

6 comments in this topic

[USMC2]
Members
14 posts

Last time an event similar to the current event was held, I did not quite able to grind out the Graf Spee during the Hamburg Dockyard event building the Odin ship thing, its a bummer but reasonably understandable, I mean on the grand scale in this community, I'm an infant, and that my highest tier ship at that time was I believe the Bayern, so completing the phases would require to haul [edited].

Anyways, I was able to get a premium ship just as good subjectively out of another event; Kure Dockyard event building the Hizen ship thing, which is the Tachibana and my God I'm so happy to be able to grind out a premium ship from an event.

So far I've only sailed with her once in Co-Op and would most likely linger only in Co-Op, but just so I don't lag in performance, how would you play the Tachibana? What skills should I invest in her captain?

[OGF]
Members
168 posts
6,174 battles

I love Tachibana so much I've got 2 of them.  If you're looking to mostly use it in co-op then torp speed, reload speed, and anything you can do to boost your guns is what you want.  Tachi is good at hunting DDs or bigger prey, and with the reload time you can get in, knife fight, win and be reloaded in time for the next nearest ship.  Tachi doesn't quite have all the torpedoes like Storo, but she's got enough and in co-op, once you get used to her, she's an absolute beast.  Depending on the bots and experience of the players in Random she might be equally beastly there.   

Edit:  Anything you can do to protect your engines and innards, whether skills or modules, is essential.  Probably I should have put that first, because if you get your guts shot out you're not going to get much done and Tachi is a touch fragile there against laser-vision bots who are very good at sniping modules.  

As for using Tachibana in co-op, she's much the same as any other.  I select narrow spread for torps, once you get used to that you'll hit regularly and there's less chance of strays hitting greens.  If I'm fighting any destroyer except a pan-asian, I like to go wide when I first spot them (cross the T) and try to lure them a bit closer.  Then I'll turn towards them, and wait until about 2km.  I'll launch one salvo of fish, and then turn in again towards them because odds are their fish are already coming at you.  This will dodge them, even the Storo's millions of them (sometimes dropping speed is necessary, it's a lot of kippers).  If the bot dodges your first salvo, launch the 2nd and that should do it.  Keep hammering with your guns the whole time, switching back and forth.  If it's a pan-asian destroyer, just get right on top of it and fill it with fish since its torps can't hurt you.  The only destroyers likely to give you much trouble as bots are the german ones, they tend to move more nimbly and are hard to hit.  

You don't have enough torp damage to whack a BB in one pass, but you can take most cruisers.  If it's a torp cruiser, fight it like you would a destroyer.  Otherwise, just get right on top of it at less than 2km (I like to wait for 1.5km) and then torp it as you zip past.  If it's dead, find new target.  If not, engage with guns and start turning for another pass.  The only threat in-close like this is Mikasa and her secondaries of doom.  

That's pretty much it.  Do that and Tachi ought to pay out big (well, big for low-tier co-op) every time.  

Edited by buglips
  • Cool 2

[TCCN]
Members
79 posts
9,094 battles

Obviously the only way to play it is to seal club using a 21 point Shimakaze captain. 

Lacking one of those I would start with Preventative Maintenance, Last Stand, Survivability expert then concealment expert. After that probably incoming fire alert or priority target.

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
1 hour ago, Taksyapu said:

Last time an event similar to the current event was held, I did not quite able to grind out the Graf Spee during the Hamburg Dockyard event building the Odin ship thing, its a bummer but reasonably understandable, I mean on the grand scale in this community, I'm an infant, and that my highest tier ship at that time was I believe the Bayern, so completing the phases would require to haul [edited].

Anyways, I was able to get a premium ship just as good subjectively out of another event; Kure Dockyard event building the Hizen ship thing, which is the Tachibana and my God I'm so happy to be able to grind out a premium ship from an event.

So far I've only sailed with her once in Co-Op and would most likely linger only in Co-Op, but just so I don't lag in performance, how would you play the Tachibana? What skills should I invest in her captain?

Play randoms, depending on time it seems tier 1-2 are coop but with rewards. Shoot only HE (check max damage per ahell type).

[ARGSY]
Members
23,432 posts
17,387 battles
2 hours ago, Taksyapu said:

So far I've only sailed with her once in Co-Op and would most likely linger only in Co-Op, but just so I don't lag in performance, how would you play the Tachibana?

Like there's no tomorrow.

Hey, another Newfoundlander!

IMHO this is one of those ships you play in co-op to let your hair down and don't care too much about the result.  Drive that f^*&%r like you stole it and go down swinging! 

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Sign in to follow this