Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ungurys

Broken uninstall

5 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
452 battles

Tried to uninstall the game (via WG's Game Center), but it seems Wargaming can't even make a proper uninstaller. It deleted the files, but in Windows Settings there is still World_of_Warships_NA app listing. After trying to also uninstall from there, there is an error that Windows cannot find [...]World_of_Warships_NA\wgc_api.exe. Perhaps someone managed to delete the leftovers?

To avoid standard support questions, I repeat again - I did not delete the game folder myself (uninstall was done via Game Center). I also restarted the PC after uninstalling. Nothing helped - the junk is still in the app list. 

I just wonder if WG does that on purpose...

• Boring 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,481 posts

I would assume the app listing is just a tag (a bit like a shortcut link).

I find if this happens I just remove it - it gives the message you indicate - I come out of the app/settings - go back in, and its gone.

It has happened with other games so it's not just WG (maybe more a windows thing and the linking of all associated files). :Smile_honoring:

Members
2 posts
452 battles
2 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

I would assume the app listing is just a tag (a bit like a shortcut link).

I find if this happens I just remove it - it gives the message you indicate - I come out of the app/settings - go back in, and its gone.

It has happened with other games so it's not just WG (maybe more a windows thing and the linking of all associated files). :Smile_honoring:

Thanks, mate, for the hint. The mighty Control Panel has managed to do the trick (I try not think about the other junk files left by the uninstaller).

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,481 posts
1 hour ago, Ungurys said:

Thanks, mate, for the hint. The mighty Control Panel has managed to do the trick (I try not think about the other junk files left by the uninstaller).

Nice one, no probs.

Hope things improve enough that you consider coming back. :Smile_honoring:

Sign in to follow this