You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_BlackHawk4_

What's replacing the Hizen in drydock?

21 comments in this topic

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,716 posts
26,113 battles
23 minutes ago, _BlackHawk4_ said:

Have I missed something or has nothing been announced yet?

I dont believe anything has been announced yet but I wouldn't be surprised to see Marco Polo there next.

Edited by Skuggsja

[WOLF6]
Beta Testers
33 posts
13,292 battles

I don’t remember the source but I believe it will be a German DD, when the German DD line splits.  IIRC, that’s the next event after the Italian BB’s

• Cool 1

Members
674 posts
5,358 battles
7 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

I dont believe anything has been announced yet but I would be surprised to see Marco Polo there next.

knowing WG it will be the german H-44 with 8 x 20 inch guns, it will be t10 and require at least 30k  gold to finish the event

Edited by pepe_trueno
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
Members
8,688 posts
12,680 battles

pretty sure it was said to be a German DD for when the alt German DD line comes

[_BDA_]
Members
140 posts
3,651 battles
39 minutes ago, _BlackHawk4_ said:

Have I missed something or has nothing been announced yet?

The last I heard, it was supposed to be a German Destroyer "ZF2" but due to some serious backlash from the community over the historical accuracy of the ship, it was re-tired to Tier 9 and renamed "ZF6" (it was originally a Tier 8) but they never confirmed if it was still going to be the dockyard ship.

Edited by cheekywarship2018
  • Cool 2

[CK5]
Members
1,524 posts
16,305 battles

Personally, I am suffering from a little "dockyard fatigue" and just can't work up much interest in another event for a while.  I am sure other players are looking forward to a new dockyard, however.  

• Cool 4

[SIM]
Members
5,783 posts
9,263 battles
39 minutes ago, cheekywarship2018 said:

The last I heard, it was supposed to be a German Destroyer "ZF2" but due to some serious backlash from the community over the historical accuracy of the ship, it was re-tired to Tier 9 and renamed "ZF6" (it was originally a Tier 8) but they never confirmed if it was still going to be the dockyard ship.

All of this. :Smile_great:

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
751 posts
10,227 battles
27 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

Personally, I am suffering from a little "dockyard fatigue" and just can't work up much interest in another event for a while.  I am sure other players are looking forward to a new dockyard, however.  

I'm feeling some of the same.  I've already elected to pass on the next one, having gained the Hizen, Anchorage, and Odin as the main ships in the Dockyard events I participated.  I'm going to perhaps pay attention to some of the campaigns now and see if I can make a little progress there.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,849 posts
14,882 battles

This, I am certain that the devs can weaponize it.

EZNUNQ2MW5AOJAGDKR2BX5KXNE.jpg

:Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 2

[SHAN]
Beta Testers
476 posts
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

This, I am certain that the devs can weaponize it.

EZNUNQ2MW5AOJAGDKR2BX5KXNE.jpg

:Smile_hiding:

'Twas the witch of November come stealin' The dawn came late and the breakfast had to wait When the gales of November came slashin 

Cirran

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,849 posts
14,882 battles
4 minutes ago, Cirran said:

'Twas the witch of November come stealin' The dawn came late and the breakfast had to wait When the gales of November came slashin 

Cirran

I figured that using a ship that anyone with connections to the Great Lakes and even people that don't would get a kick out of from the song as she was the last major ship to go down on the lakes. I think the last ship of any size to go down was the USCGC Mesquite, one of the 180 foot C class ships built for the Coast Guard and the war during WWII which ran aground off off Isle Royale in Lake Superior.

• Cool 1

[SHAN]
Beta Testers
476 posts
40 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I figured that using a ship that anyone with connections to the Great Lakes and even people that don't would get a kick out of from the song as she was the last major ship to go down on the lakes. I think the last ship of any size to go down was the USCGC Mesquite, one of the 180 foot C class ships built for the Coast Guard and the war during WWII which ran aground off off Isle Royale in Lake Superior.

It has always fascinated me that what ever took the Edmund Fitzgerald, happened so fast that the strapped in radio operator had no time to even start to send a signal.

Cirran

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,849 posts
14,882 battles
10 minutes ago, Cirran said:

It has always fascinated me that what ever took the Edmund Fitzgerald, happened so fast that the strapped in radio operator had no time to even start to send a signal.

Cirran

It is thought that she got hit by what is called The Three Sisters which is three rogue waves in short succession. it is most known on the great lakes but has happened on the open seas.

Members
399 posts
26 battles
6 hours ago, cheekywarship2018 said:

This, in the dev blog here:

Spoiler
29.01.2021 10:00
  • DEVELOPMENT NEWS

ST 0.10.1, ZF-2 AND Z-31

ST 0.10.1, ZF-2 and Z-31

Clarifications regarding the models of ZF-2 and Z-31, changes to ZF-2, and the characteristics of Z-31.

Reasons for choosing the current ZF-2 model

When creating models of premium ships we use the following approach:

• If a ship was historically built to completion, we make her in-game model correspond to the real ship according to its status on a specific date to the best of our ability, to the extent that the materials that we have allow us to. 
  • In case a ship existed in reality only as a project, or her construction was incomplete, we can consider various options on how the project could be developed, taking into account all the nuances of the shipbuilding industry of the particular time period and country, and implement it in the game. When we make the decision to move away from historical blueprints, it's primarily influenced by game balance.

ZF-2 was one of the unfinished French Le Hardi-class destroyers—L'Opiniâtre—captured by Germany in 1940. The historical project for the ship's completion assumed a complete replacement of the armament with German samples, but these changes were not brought to life. In our game, the project of the ship is also based on the Le Hardi-class, but we implemented a possible variant of the development of these destroyers considering the historical features of shipbuilding at that time in Germany. 

To ensure that our design did not contradict the actual blueprints, we decided to rename the ship ZF-6 - the first name assigned to the captured L'Opiniâtre before it was renamed ZF-2.

Changes to the tier and the concept of ZF-6 

• The ship is moved to Tier IX.
  • The Hydroacoustic Search consumable is removed.
  • The Smoke Generator, Engine Boost, and Defensive AA Fire consumables were added.
  • Main battery reload time reduced from 6.5 to 5 s.
  • Torpedo tubes parameters were changed:
    • Reload time increased from 90 to 120 s;
    • Torpedo damage increased from 13,700 to 18,400;
    • Torpedo speed increased from 64 to 75 knots;
    • Torpedo detectability range increased from 1.3 to 1.8 km.

For the new concept, we decided to make the ship more versatile, having good concealment, AP shells with improved ricochet angles, the Engine Boost, Smoke Generator, and the Defensive AA Fire consumables. The Main Battery Reload Booster consumable will be useful for fighting enemy destroyers. As for more heavily armored targets, torpedoes with high speed and damage, but long reload and high detectability will be of use.

The prior announcement was In the Waterline video last month they announced the ZF-2 will the the next Dockyard event and was on the Devblog here:

(Old Picture of the Tier VIII)

phpdeIimA

Edited by SoothingWhaleSongEU
Updated with info from the 29th January Dev Blog
  • Cool 1

[ALLY]
Members
371 posts
20,421 battles
7 hours ago, pepe_trueno said:

knowing WG it will be the german H-44 with 8 x 20 inch guns, it will be t10 and require at least 30k  gold to finish the event

I see we have an optimist on our hands or posts as the case may be.  Only 8 guns of that size and only 30k dubs to finish?

C130 signing out

[ARGSY]
Members
23,322 posts
17,285 battles
9 hours ago, Altwar said:

I've already elected to pass on the next one, having gained the Hizen, Anchorage, and Odin as the main ships in the Dockyard events I participated.

Same here. The ship doesn't particularly interest me, and in fact the whole "split" line seems to me right now to be more of a challenge to the brave and the skilled than something which DEMANDS to be ground. Not, in my opinion, worth busting a gut for... and it will be the very brave or foolish player who buys early bundles on this one unless they've watched and rewatched every post-NDA vid they can get their hands on. 

It's ships like this with radical new concepts which justify my decision to wait until a dockyard grind is over and only then commit doubloons (if I choose to commit them at all). It costs a bit more, but has the benefit of avoiding regret. 

I'll probably see what can be grabbed for free at the halfway point and proceed on that basis.

As for the Edmund Fitzgerald, she's probably less famous for actually sinking than for the song which got written about her demise. And for completeness, here it is:

[TARP]
Members
96 posts

Disinterested if the next is a German DD. Didn’t care to pay to get the Hizen. Did pay to get Odin and Anchorage. Odin is great fun, Anchorage is okay. Maybe there will be a good premium ship midway on the next dockyard, although my guess is it will be Emden.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
6 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

It is thought that she got hit by what is called The Three Sisters which is three rogue waves in short succession. it is most known on the great lakes but has happened on the open seas.

One theory is that the gap between the waves was such that the bow and stern were lifted, bringing the middle of the ship completely out of the water, and that unsupported, it snapped.  

(Frankly this is a more interesting topic than whatever happens with Dock Yard.) 

• Cool 2