Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
bosco1111

Well Enough...............For Now

3 comments in this topic

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,361 posts

Well I've finished the Dockyard and Lunar New Year grinds, reset all my captains and put my fleet in storage. Don't get me wrong I'm NOT quitting the game but as the next couple of upcoming events has no real

appeal to me I am stepping away for awhile. I finished both of them Sunday morning and while I was relived they were done I realized the last couple of weeks hadn't been all that fun. So for at least the next couple

of weeks I decided I'm just going to flit around the galaxy in Elite Dangerous and decompress. I will see you all on the high seas sometime in the future but for now the stars call.

• Cool 3

[GWG]
Members
7,398 posts
14,187 battles

I'm going to step back and rebuild something I played with back in the 1970s.

With a few new innovations:

8080 computer with 32K SRAM.  The AVR will act as controller, psudo- 8251 serial port, and DMA Access to a windows GUI..
They were tossing out a whole bunch of 8080 microprocessor sets at work and I wanted to test them out.  I've got an early copy of BASIC interpreter I can load in.
Whole thing connects via USB serial dongle to the host PC (Maybe this one)

I'm excited.8080.thumb.jpg.12ec23dfd21925e07cc622c8d561350d.jpg

• Cool 6

Members
299 posts
2,405 battles

That's super cool! I wonder what those old 8080s were used for/intended to be used for at your workplace. In 2021 they're ancient!

Sign in to follow this