You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
IfYouSeeKhaos

PSA...Free Upgrade Dismount...Start High...

8 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
7,905 posts
23,881 battles

OK...that can be taken to mean "smoke em if you got em" but actually it's for those w/a shipload of ships that don't wanna go through them all...

Seeing as there isn't a "Dismount All" option like there is for the commander skills you need to Dismount the upgrades 1 ship at a time...

But if you haven't started yet & have a few hundred ships to go through you may just be saying..."I'll pass"...

But if you wanna save at least a few duckets on upgrades for new ships as you get them at least go through your high tier port queens & remove all the 4/5/& 6 slot ones that will cost you millions later on if you don't & give you a nice little stockpile for later if you do.

Probably a moot point for most as if they have that many ships their credit stashes are huge enough they don't need the creds...but even if you don't have a lot of ships & you just don't wanna go through all that hassle you can benefit greatly from just removing the expensive ones on the high tier ships for later use.

• Cool 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,922 posts

for a few it may have been a mess... for me, with less than 100 ships... (have no clue what the actual number is) it's been fun messing with skills... i only removed equipment from mebbe a dozen t5 and under ships... 

my situation maybe closer to the norm...

[WPORT]
Members
8,143 posts
13,187 battles
1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

OK...that can be taken to mean "smoke em if you got em" but actually it's for those w/a shipload of ships that don't wanna go through them all...

Seeing as there isn't a "Dismount All" option like there is for the commander skills you need to Dismount the upgrades 1 ship at a time...

But if you haven't started yet & have a few hundred ships to go through you may just be saying..."I'll pass"...

But if you wanna save at least a few duckets on upgrades for new ships as you get them at least go through your high tier port queens & remove all the 4/5/& 6 slot ones that will cost you millions later on if you don't & give you a nice little stockpile for later if you do.

Probably a moot point for most as if they have that many ships their credit stashes are huge enough they don't need the creds...but even if you don't have a lot of ships & you just don't wanna go through all that hassle you can benefit greatly from just removing the expensive ones on the high tier ships for later use.

19 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

This whole update has just been one major PITA

As a member of the "Collector's Club", I agree.
The skills re-bork has been a solution in search of a problem and an administrative pain the the stern.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[COSTA]
Members
219 posts
7,939 battles

It was a good patch to reorganize all of my commanders and get them on the ships I wanted.  Plus demount the upgrades from all tech tree ships I will not play.  Saved a lot of resources.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,271 posts
12,232 battles

I love the skill rework except for the dead eye effect on the game not sure how that will work out yet . I enjoyed redoing skills organizing commanders I have only 130 or so ships mostly premiums . Really enjoy the new UI I don't have OCD so I don't need to have everything perfectly set up with every commander figured out it doesn't bother me I can do it later . I don't grind so I just don't care about the campaigns the dockyard any of it if I get the ship good if not ok . I am not even close to getting the Hizen and I don't care . I just want to come home from work not be a total potato win some games and have some fun . 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,495 posts
22,906 battles

With over 240 ships, I've only been messing around with 30.. 

Trying to get the builds felt out....

I really could have used another update cycle. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
7,905 posts
23,881 battles

172...now that I got Thunderer...173 tomorrow after I get Georgia (waiting to grind out the lat 3 containers because I need to drop about 4-5 k steel...hoping to get a resource containers w/more than 1 coal...

All 3 crates the last 5 days - every single 1 had only 1 coal...sigh 😔 )

Spent about an hour stripping off all my modules today...got a pretty good stockpile to last a bit now...enough for the 5 or 6 lines I need to grind out (haven't played much since RU BBs were introduced so got a few to catch up on)...

Only about 120k creds & lots of future ships to buy...when I last played steady I had every non CV line up to T10...finished the last 1 (Ohio to Montana) the day the RU BBs dropped.

Not having to buy the upgrades for all of them will help out w/keeping enough to buy what I need as I grind all the new lines out.

Only had exactly enough coal for Georgia (w/out using a coupon) when I started playing again on New Years Day & got up to only being 40k short for both Georgia & Thunderer (using the coupon for Thunderer)...so ground out about 130k-140k coal since NYD (not full time...had a couple days each week I wasn't able to play)...not too bad.

• Cool 1