Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LunchCutter

Should mid-tier XP be in increased?

11 comments in this topic

Members
1,022 posts
3,050 battles

Had 2 games in DDs. The first in my tier 6 Fubuki. In terms of gameplay it was crappy with a complete potato team that self euthanized itself quickly (example: New Mexico trying to take a cap by itself with enemy DDs lurking). Anyway it was a very 1 sided loss but I had a ok game, survived till the final minute, 1 cap, 2 kills, devastating strike, multiple cap defence points and 89k damage. Finished top with a score of 710 points.

Then I took out my Kitakaze. I haven't used this tier 9 for a good year or so, tried to play cautiously. Anyway it was a disaster game. 4 minutes in while running between islands in this diet coke light cruiser was hit by radar, 2 tier 10 cruisers I didn't see behind cover reigned town the pain and I was sunk before I even got close to cover.. Finished with another loss, 4k damage and about 15k spotting damage. Finished with 740 points.

It just feels a bit frustrating to have a decent mid tier game, do 10x more damage yet outscore it with a terrible tier 9 game..

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[SALVO]
Members
6,898 posts
5,447 battles

How else would they convince you to play higher tiers? They need a friggin' big carrot...

[CO-OP]
Members
2,781 posts
28,250 battles

Damage is only one part of the reward calculation, caps, and spotting damage also add.  Higher tier games have better rewards, but they also have a higher upkeep.

[USN]
Members
1,509 posts
20,360 battles
1 hour ago, LunchCutter said:

Had 2 games in DDs. The first in my tier 6 Fubuki. In terms of gameplay it was crappy with a complete potato team that self euthanized itself quickly (example: New Mexico trying to take a cap by itself with enemy DDs lurking). Anyway it was a very 1 sided loss but I had a ok game, survived till the final minute, 1 cap, 2 kills, devastating strike, multiple cap defence points and 89k damage. Finished top with a score of 710 points.

you sure you didn't accidentally have co-op selected? 

[BEA5T]
Members
547 posts
17,229 battles
8 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

you sure you didn't accidentally have co-op selected? 

There is no way you can get 700 + points in COOP in a losing effort  :Smile_honoring:

[USN]
Members
1,509 posts
20,360 battles
4 minutes ago, Noworriesderpy1 said:

There is no way you can get 700 + points in COOP in a losing effort  :Smile_honoring:

I've seen close, so I wouldn't put it past the realm of possibility, but good lord the amount of suckage your team has to have though....

Also the OP has a history of posts with some semi questionable merits to them.

[BEA5T]
Members
547 posts
17,229 battles
2 hours ago, LunchCutter said:

Then I took out my Kitakaze. I haven't used this tier 9 for a good year or so, tried to play cautiously. Anyway it was a disaster game. 4 minutes in while running between islands in this diet coke light cruiser was hit by radar, 2 tier 10 cruisers I didn't see behind cover reigned town the pain and I was sunk before I even got close to cover.. Finished with another loss, 4k damage and about 15k spotting damage. Finished with 740 points.

It just feels a bit frustrating to have a decent mid tier game, do 10x more damage yet outscore it with a terrible tier 9 game..

15 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

I've seen close, so I wouldn't put it past the realm of possibility, but good lord the amount of suckage your team has to have though....

Also the OP has a history of posts with some semi questionable merits to them.

Based upon the Ops own statements  makes it kind of unlikely that it could have occurred in a COOP battle.    To get 700 + in COOP you are usually way over the 100K + range    Specially in his second statement unless he mistakenly missed some more numbers that for sure will not get you decent "XP"   

LOL anyway don't want to side rail the ops "issues".  So as it been said "Stuff happens" and you click the battle button and go again.  

Members
1,022 posts
3,050 battles
2 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

How else would they convince you to play higher tiers? They need a friggin' big carrot...

Think most casuals prefer the tier 5-7 range. That poll on Reddit last year had the vast majority voting for tier 7 as their preferred tier. Less salt, less doom ships, less dead commentary experts, less people spending the entire game hiding..

I hardly ever play coop either... The AI bots (other than their godlike torp dodging and occasional railgun accuracy) are pretty boring opponents..

[SALVO]
Members
6,898 posts
5,447 battles
44 minutes ago, LunchCutter said:

Think most casuals prefer the tier 5-7 range. That poll on Reddit last year had the vast majority voting for tier 7 as their preferred tier. Less salt, less doom ships, less dead commentary experts, less people spending the entire game hiding..

I hardly ever play coop either... The AI bots (other than their godlike torp dodging and occasional railgun accuracy) are pretty boring opponents..

Precisely. Mid tiers are also F2P friendly.

Buffing income for mid tiers won't happen because goes against business interest (see missing Ops example). Whatever isn't high tiers, is of no interest for them and only filler, free trial, courtesy token, medical sample... 

• Meh 1

Sign in to follow this